• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I’m against the mandates because I think it’s wrong to force on people. I also don’t think the vaccines prevent transmission, so there’s no “greater good” argument to make. You do make a good point about taking beds from other non-Covid patients. I’d be interested to know how common it has been for your daughter and niece to see that happen. Have they seen non-Covid patients die because resources were taken by Covid patients? I’d just be curious to know the frequency of that.
    I think Hoosierdoc had mentioned the ER's are full of slightly sick people that don't need to be there.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

"Vaccinated individuals are blasting out concentrated viral explosions into their communities and fueling new Covid surges."

I'm sure the vaccinated will have no objections heading off to quarantine camps since they were in favor of them for the unvaccinated before. Surely they won't be hypocrites and protest?
    So, if you follow the links and look at the actual study, it compares viral loads for Delta variant vs OG Covid measured the better part of a year earlier. There is no apples for apples vaccinated vs non-vaccinated with the same strain in the same cohort.

You can believe whoever Peckford is or don't, I don't really care. All I can say is his narrative fell apart for me in about 60 seconds.

*shrugs*
    I’m against the mandates because I think it’s wrong to force on people. I also don’t think the vaccines prevent transmission, so there’s no “greater good” argument to make. You do make a good point about taking beds from other non-Covid patients. I’d be interested to know how common it has been for your daughter and niece to see that happen. Have they seen non-Covid patients die because resources were taken by Covid patients? I’d just be curious to know the frequency of that.
    I really don't know, nor, I suspect do the nurses who have been 100% COVID through much of this. I suspect hospital administrators who deal in percentages, etc, have a reasonable guess.

I would support hospital administrators putting quotas on COVID beds to have reserves for the normal, everyday patients and real emergencies like:

Staff fight fires as dozens evacuated at nursing homes, medical facilities across Boulder County

But the problem might be finding staff willing to work COVID wings as this becomes more and more pronounced as a vaccination problem, not an infectious disease problem.

I can say that the nursing staff is getting burned-out. My daughter, 2 1/2 years out of school, is the most experienced nurse on the COVID ICU in large hospital in a big city.

Tremendous staff turn-over with many going for lucrative travel nurse staffing often with one directive - NO COVID.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe it did, but how do you know? It’s like all the vaccinated people saying “thank God I had the vaccine or else I may have died.” Just seems like confirmation bias by both sides. I had Covid a year ago. I ate two orange Skittles and stood on my left foot for 5 minutes every morning. Worked for me! Also, aren’t most of the proponents of Ivermectin the same people saying the numbers are inflated and this virus has a 99% survival rate anyway? Quite literally anything would save your life if it was never in danger.
    But no one was attempting to make you eat orange skittles and stand on one leg, nor were they demanding orange skittles papers and threatening your livelihood if you didn't eat orange skittles

Your argument would also support, not getting the vaccine, not getting myocarditis and crediting not getting the vaccine for saving your life. I see no logical reason why vaccine shills need to attempt to discredit alternative treatment which quite literally probably work as well as the vaccines at this point

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    But no one was attempting to make you eat orange skittles and stand on one leg, nor were they demanding orange skittles papers and threatening your livelihood if you didn't eat orange skittles

Your argument would also support, not getting the vaccine, not getting myocarditis and crediting not getting the vaccine for saving your life. I see no logical reason why vaccine shills need to attempt to discredit alternative treatment which quite literally probably work as well as the vaccines at this point
    My doctor refused to prescribe me orange skittles.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Granny doesn't care whether you get vaccinated, wear a mask or father offspring with Brazilians.

I only fathered offspring with one woman. Besides, I can't even count to a brazilian.

On an unrelated note, p.m. me for the best deal in town on skittles. ANY color you need. Just keep it on the down low....

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Didn’t you read what you quoted? I didn’t support the vaccine or say anyone should be forced to get it. You’re putting things in my post that aren’t there. Specifically, I said there is no way to prove any individual had milder symptoms with vaccines, ivermectin, or skittles. Most people have mild cases if you look at overall numbers. So when someone says they had a mild case and attribute it to ivermectin, vaccines, or, jokingly, skittles, it’s all just their personal spin on it. They would have likely had a mild case anyway, but they take some treatment they want to believe in and say “I was right!” A lot of the same people have also said the severity is overblown, and I think those people are logically inconsistent.

What I have stated is that the numbers support the belief that of the people who have severe cases, the vaccinated seem to be in the minority. Severe cases seem to overwhelmingly be the minority, and severe cases in the vaccinated seem to be a super minority. It seems to me the vaccine is the reason. Maybe it has nothing to do with the vaccine and unvaccinated people are naturally more unhealthy?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What I have stated is that the numbers support the belief that of the people who have severe cases, the vaccinated seem to be in the minority. Severe cases seem to overwhelmingly be the minority, and severe cases in the vaccinated seem to be a super minority. It seems to me the vaccine is the reason. Maybe it has nothing to do with the vaccine and unvaccinated people are naturally more unhealthy?
    Note the highlighted qualifiers. What reading that says to me is you have no better evidence for your affirmative belief in vaccines than you do for your negative beliefs about post-infection medicinal interventions

Your critique that people are just putting their 'personal spin' on their own experience is just as applicable to those who believe the vaccines have saved them. They have no way to prove that their biased interpretation of their personal experience is correct

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The vaccination rate for Vanderburgh County is at 54% from what I could find. If the vaccine didn’t reduce severity of Covid, we should expect to see those numbers above at about 50/50. Seems like at least some evidence that it is effective in that regard. Or, unvaccinated people just tend to be unhealthier? I still think that makes it a personal decision, but one some groups should consider.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Note the highlighted qualifiers. What reading that says to me is you have no better evidence for your affirmative belief in vaccines than you do for your negative beliefs about post-infection medicinal interventions

Your critique that people are just putting their 'personal spin' on their own experience is just as applicable to those who believe the vaccines have saved them. They have no way to prove that their biased interpretation of their personal experience is correct
    For the 3rd time, that’s EXACTLY what I’m saying. Vaccine supporters taking a random case as proof of milder symptoms is silly. An ivermectin supporter isolating a single case is silly. That’s exactly what the first post you quoted said. I keep a lucky rock in my pocket to prevent me from getting shot. So far it’s 100% successful. I’ll sell it to you for $1,000.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What’s your alternative explanation for why the numbers aren’t about 50/50? Maybe vaccinated people just take better care of themselves in general? It’s just correlation, so maybe that’s it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You likely harbor strep on your skin and staph in your nose. If you have no symptoms, should we test you for that presence? Show your work

Post #452.

I realize you have an absence of the Scope/Scale gene, so you are forgiven in advance of your next snarky reply. :)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    For the 3rd time, that’s EXACTLY what I’m saying. Vaccine supporters taking a random case as proof of milder symptoms is silly. An ivermectin supporter isolating a single case is silly. That’s exactly what the first post you quoted said. I keep a lucky rock in my pocket to prevent me from getting shot. So far it’s 100% successful. I’ll sell it to you for $1,000.
    Was there a warranty that the luck would be transferable?

just asking for a friend.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We have some close friends (fully vaxxed) who were exposed after a Christmas gathering. Their two young children (1 & 4), tested positive this morning, although they show no symptoms. Our friends are off to get tested (with no symptoms).

I had to ask why? You show zero symptoms, they will not treat you until you are on your death bed - why waste a test?? I don't get it...

It's a "talisman".
    Something they can show.

Top Bottom