• ...and so much more!
  • Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    This should be fun...

We all know that Bill Clinton has publicly commented on his distaste for Obama, but would he take the VP position to get back in the White House?

I think Obama is more desperate than he lets on, and he may look to Clinton to give him a boost. Despite Obama's ugly primary campaign with Hillary, she still manages to suck up her pride, and work under him. After four years to cool down, Bill may be willing to do the same.

Looking at the requirements to be VP, I don't see anything that would keep a two term president from running.

If you're asking why I'm wondering about this... Bill Clinton is speaking at the DNC on a night typically reserved for the VP candidate... a strange time slot for a previous president. (who knows, maybe he'll nominate Hillary as VP instead)

I think something strange (will/has to) happen at the convention... the O has got to be desperate to regain at least some of the 2008 rock-star-like excitement. ...it was the only thing that got him elected the last time, and despite the polls, I think his campaign is doomed without it.

If this off-the-wall-idea actually came to be, what do you think it would do to the election? :dunno:

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Some hearsay... my wife and son just told me that they heard on the news, that Bill Clinton hasn't released his speech to the Obama campaign?

I wonder if they're just trying to create news, interest, speculation... so someone will actually watch the DNC.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I imagine there would be a large number of voters that would salivate over the idea of the possible return of the "Clinton economy". Would he be eligible? From a quick Wikipedia visit, that answer is not cut and dried:

Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The republicans often were befuddled by the Clinton regime the first time around. It would be interesting to see if they would challenge a round-about Clinton resurgence.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    President Clinton will campaign for President Obama. He would never accept a VP position, nor would he ever be asked. I read that the two are not especially fond of each other. President Clinton will serve his party and its candidate despite personal differences.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I imagine there would be a large number of voters that would salivate over the idea of the possible return of the "Clinton economy". Would he be eligible? From a quick Wikipedia visit, that answer is not cut and dried:

Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The republicans often were befuddled by the Clinton regime the first time around. It would be interesting to see if they would challenge a round-about Clinton resurgence.

Since when has BHO cared what the constitution says? :dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bill Clinton already served 2 terms as president. He's ineligible for the position of backup president. Not that it has ever been tried since the 22nd Amendment.

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    WOW!!, talk about puttin the Fox in charge of the Hen House....geezz!!! I truly shudder to think the outcome of that madness if the election swayed toward O and Slick Willie...:draw::ar15::ugh: !!!!!!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Driving through Chicago on the Dan Ryan last week I saw one Obama 12 sticker. I really expected to see tons of them. If Clinton becomes VP, Obama better triple his security team and hire a food taster.

Top Bottom