Could I get y'all opinion of my letter to my reps regarding HR 127 that I have so far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Indianapolis
    In regards to HR 127 introduced by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas, as a legal and law abiding constituent of Indiana, I not only urge, but demand that you say NO and fight this blatant disregard and violation of mine and every Americans second amendment rights put forth in the Constitution of the United States of America.

Under the proposed firearm registration system, requiring the make, model & serial number, the identity of the owner where the firearm is or will be stored and making this information available through a database available to all law enforcement, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, all state and local governments, and the general public, is not only an invasion of my privacy but leaves me open to harassment for being a gun owner and to the possibility of a future gun confiscation. As we have seen throughout history the first step in gun confiscation is through registration, i.e.. The Nazi regime, Australia’s gun “buy back” program, etc.

Mandatory psychological evaluations for the ownership and/or purchase of a firearm is a preposterous suggestion due to the fact that psychological evaluations are largely based on the opinions and impressions of those doing the evaluations, it is impossible to ensure that someone’s political (or other) biases would not influence the results of the evaluation. Thus, these evaluations could be used, even unintentionally, to deny citizens access to a right based on political affiliation, race, demeanor, etc.

It is also clear that the mandatory training and the $800 license fee is aimed directly at making it prohibitive for those of less financial means to exercise their fundamental right of gun ownership and self protection.

BrentTheBoat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Columbus
    I like it so far. Might consider finding some info or studies where registration hasn't lowered crime or made anyone safer, maybe comparing states where you do have to register compared to those that don't.

Having to take a psychological evaluation sets us up to fail, especially when many if not most psychologist, think we are already crazy for wanting to defend ourselves however we see fit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't been keeping up on crazy from Texas...

Wow, it didn't take her long to go nuclear. 3 mos. to register everything you got? Military style license? :rolleyes:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    If information is made public it could not only open up the possibility to harassment or confiscation but the possibility of getting robbed or worse from some street punk thief that can read...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You may also want to mention the king did the whole registry thing to the American colonies and then tried to take the guns which sparked a few early revolution shootouts

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Keep doing what you’re doing E Rooster. The goal is to get the attention of the people in DC and provide ammo for the group. You checked those boxes.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Maybe state that criminals don't really care if they are breaking the law. Unnecessarily killing someone is already against the law and that doesn't seem to work.

Criminals will still be criminals, there will just be more of them

Top Bottom