Indy Metro Area

giphy.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    “Starting Wednesday, in a bow to doctors and hospitals, restrictions on elective procedures and surgeries will be loosened. He cited biopsies for cancer as one example.

I didn’t realize even these types of “non-emergencies” were included. Can you imagine that you just got the news that you might have cancer, have the biopsy scheduled, and then be told that the government has said they can’t do the biopsies to make sure? And there are those that insist even modest moves to allow them is irresponsible? This is ludicrous! If you’re more afraid of catching CV than cancer, then you stay home. Get out of the way for those of us that had rather fight and live.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/texa...tter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

This is the kind of thing that could easily get traction and spread around on the internet - Government says they can't do cancer biopsies. But it just isn't true when you read the facts.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ox-easter-held-in-near-empty-jerusalem-church

Usually, the flame flies back with pilgrims to Orthodox Christian communities mostly in eastern Europe. This year, with air travel canceled and Israel banning foreign visitors, 10 empty flights took off from Tel Aviv carrying the Holy Fire to Orthodox Christian communities in Russia, Ukraine, Greece, Cyprus, Georgia, Romania, Moldova, Belarus, Poland and Kazakhstan.

It is also flown to the US, usually into JFK. I wonder if it will be allowed this year?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I ventured out to the local Walmart this morning. It's the first time doing so in weeks, but I needed some printer ink and other odds and ends I had been putting off getting.

Other than people wearing face masks and a few empty shelves it was a pretty typical Walmart trip. There were lots of cars on the road too, so plenty of folks out taking "essential trips."

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    A supermarket in Australia refused to take back TP and sanitizer from a Hoarder.
    [video=youtube_share;j0IOQ9oLpjA]https://youtu.be/j0IOQ9oLpjA[/video]
    Idiots every where, on EVERY continent. Yes even Antarctica. I bet there's a fool there that more than likely ordered a air drop of 10,000 rolls of TP and 1 pack of Ramen Noodles.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The total estimated US COVID-19 deaths from the IHME model has been revised downward again.

The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) lowered its projection of total deaths from 68,841 (with an estimate range of 30,188 to 175,965) to just over 60,308 (with an estimate range of 34,063 to 140,381) in an update published Friday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-model-estimates-us-deaths-down

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The Social Security Administration knew my dad passed away before his body was cold. Cut off benefits almost immediately. So the government can move fast when they want to.

The same when my late wife passed away. She passed on June 1st, they tried to not deposit her SSD check for May. When it benefits them, they move at light speed, when it does not, usually like molasses @ 10 below.

Although I do have to give SSA kudo's for approving my wife's SS disability claim with no hearing and not making us wait and fight for it because of Ovarian Cancer. I just wish they would move on my claim because of my mini stroke and not being able to return to work because of under laying issues.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One has to wonder if the deaths go too low, if many people who voted for Trump will blame him for economic damage not deemed worth the cost and they won't come out to vote for him this year.

Everybody knows who made the predictions, and Trump made sure while he was showing up as the leader, that the folks making the dire predictions were on camera too...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah and he also is the CEO, the head honcho, the big cheese, the big kahuna, the President...in other words the guy responsible for actions taken by the executive branch.

We will see. For me the big test will be Michigan...will the voters blame the governor or Trump but I think it could play out nationwide.

Everybody knows who made the predictions, and Trump made sure while he was showing up as the leader, that the folks making the dire predictions were on camera too...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One has to wonder if the deaths go too low, if many people who voted for Trump will blame him for economic damage not deemed worth the cost and they won't come out to vote for him this year.

A Democrat fantasy.
    Trump supporters will continue to be rightly proud of the way he has responded to this crisis. He has continually gathered information and consulted experts, adjusting his responses to the changing information and conditions.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, just to be clear, Trump supporters will view all of his actions as correct? Otherwise the group I am wondering about will exist and have to weigh whether any incorrect actions were worth the cost.

A Democrat fantasy.
    Trump supporters will continue to be rightly proud of the way he has responded to this crisis. He has continually gathered information and consulted experts, adjusting his responses to the changing information and conditions.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So, just to be clear, Trump supporters will view all of his actions as correct? Otherwise the group I am wondering about will exist and have to weigh whether any incorrect actions were worth the cost.

I may not agree with everything but it’s certainly not going to make me vote democrat lol

mtinner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    somewhere in ohio
    still looking for my check from the gov. I've gone to the irs website, filled out what was directed and was told my information does not match theirs. I used both 2018 and 2019 returns. now what?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

Oh, please.

No, not all of his actions, when viewed with 20/20 hindsight, were absolutely perfect in every aspect and perfectly timed.
    But, he did the best he could with the information he had at the time and most fair-minded people see that. They also see that higher than desired unemployment and lower than desired stock market would be the result of the crisis. They will not believe that higher taxes, socialized medicine, more restrictions on business, etc. will be better than re-electing Trump.

They also realize we are better off than we would have been with three years of totally open borders and trusting the WHO to direct our response.

It isn't that we think Trump is perfect; it's just that the other choices are so much worse.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Interesting viewpoints are expressed in your post. Be interesting to see the results in November.

Oh, please.

No, not all of his actions, when viewed with 20/20 hindsight, were absolutely perfect in every aspect and perfectly timed.
    But, he did the best he could with the information he had at the time and most fair-minded people see that. They also see that higher than desired unemployment and lower than desired stock market would be the result of the crisis. They will not believe that higher taxes, socialized medicine, more restrictions on business, etc. will be better than re-electing Trump.

They also realize we are better off than we would have been with three years of totally open borders and trusting the WHO to direct our response.

It isn't that we think Trump is perfect; it's just that the other choices are so much worse.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

I may not agree with everything but it’s certainly not going to make me vote democrat lol

I never said or suggested that.

So, you don't see the words in bold as suggesting Trump supporters would decide his actions weren't worth the cost of voting for Trump?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, just to be clear, Trump supporters will view all of his actions as correct? Otherwise the group I am wondering about will exist and have to weigh whether any incorrect actions were worth the cost
    So, you don't see the words in bold as suggesting Trump supporters would decide his actions weren't worth the cost of voting for Trump?

No.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom