Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I must not be the typical KFC patron (and please do not step through the obvious door I opened), as apparently people must lick other people's fingers?

Their chicken is so good if someone isn’t gonna luck their fingers you cant let it go to waste.

Kidding. I’m not a fan of KFC honestly. Popeyes is where it’s at

No, Church's is better. Bojangles is a low sodium copy, I swear.

Yeah this kind of bluster and bravado is the stuff that drives me nuts about Trump because it's just not helpful or necessary.

I would hope his doctors have already privately tested him just to be safe. I would hope the same of any president.

If anything it would be helpful politically if he announced he was being tested or that he actually had it. Then we would get to see the deluge of the #resist crowd openly wishing for his death. (If one wished to politicize the virus.)

My mom can't stand Trump and she told me at least three of her friends openly wished Trump would contract COVID-19. She admitted that she was disgusted by that and called it an eye-opener.

I unfriended somebody last night. She was making a big stink about him not getting tested. So this is the rest of the conversation:

"look at it this way, if he catches it, you wont have to deal with him as a prez anymore.
    (heart emoji)
    So you are literally OK with wishing him dead just so you dont have to deal with him as your prez?
    (double shrug)

**unfriend**

I dont want that kind of person in my circle. I didnt like Obama but I never wished death on the man. (that would be too quick)

Interesting. Definitely apples and oranges. One is a Ferrari and one is a plywood skateboard.

Hey, if I NEEDED to get from point A to point B and my life literally depended on it, I'd take a skateboard. (or fish antibiotics, etc)

Its definitely different now. Once they closed the schools the panic seemed to set in. I stopped at Meijer in Portage after work. No hamburger, chicken, bread, tp, disinfectants, and canned goods, sauces, rice and pastas were picked through. Almost no cereal available either. Very little for milk and eggs.

Glad I am prepared as this media induced panic is now full fledged in the area

My neighbors apparently are above pork. No ground meat at all. No chicken. Still plenty of "the other white meat" when I was shopping at 6P. And no, there is not a large Jewish presence in Camby. :):

But the ones who like sausage are morons. All out of tubes of sage sausage. But tons of 1lb packages of formed sausage burger patties. Just chop them up with your spatula.

Jedi,
    That's totally a joke. Going to freak out some bedwetters with it on FB. I full repped him!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Perhaps I should have worded that differently. There are not enough vents in the USA to deal with a major respiratory pandemic event. It is not at all unusual for hospitals to hit 100 percent vent usage during flu season and have to rent additional vents if they are available. There are enough vents to cover normal treatment of patients just that the usage rate can be extremely high and even surpass 100% during normal flu season if you consider outside rentals.

I hope we never find out if we have enough on hand or not.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I am pretty sure you are using respirator as a synonym for ventilator.

Without writing a book the vent breathes for the patient with an inspiratory and expiratory phase. It is connected to a virtually unlimited supply of medical air and Oxygen. The vent is also equipped with many safety features and backup power. I cant speak to actually treating a patient with one as I am not a Respiratory Therapist. Setting one up correctly for a patient is somewhat complicated. In an emergency I suppose a lot of the features could be eliminated or reduced but that would take some serious research

Good explaination. I will add that in an emergency, basic support would just require basic inspratory and expiratory phases, measured volumes and supplemental oxygen as needed. I have no clue what specifically the virus is doing at the cellular level of the lung, but I have seen the term ARDS (adult respiratory distress syndrome) pop up a few times. I want to make sure I preface my statement that all I have read claim this is rare and most people never get to the ventilator (respirator) need. That said, if it evolved to ARDS, that presents a problem and individuals who are already compromised would make the situation that much worse. Inspriratory to expriatory time (I:E ratios), percent oxygen, inspiratory pressures, pressure support, air flows and more need to be monitored and changes made based on each individual basis. Not everyone responds the same.

That is a very basic example of why I stated earlier that even if we had enough equipment, is it the right equipment (not all vents can be usaed to treat ARDS), where would we use it and do we have the manpower to manage that kind of volume. There are a lot of RT's that would love to come out of retirement, but not under those circumstances.

I certainly pray we never have to find out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    FYI this was posted on Facebook.

A member of the Beech Grove Moose has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, this from a family member. She is on life support. If you have been in contact with Birdie at the Moose in the past 2-3 weeks you are encouraged to self quarantine and watch for symptoms. She was also at Nite Owls on Feb 29th and March 1st. Pray for Birdie Roberta Shelton and everyone else.

This should be on the news if true. Nothing so far.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think more important than how long it took to shop is how long it took me to leave work when shift was over. 10 minutes. I left 10 mins after my shift ended which is better than average. I'm an ER doc.

IMHaughtyO

This is a case of mass hysteria created by the main stream media in collusion with TDS sufferers, Never Trump Repukelickers and Deranged Democraps.

I remember the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic and how nothing was done and the Media covered for the Chosen ONE.

I remember his solution to the epidemic was to cough into your sleeve. Lets see if I can find it. 2.55

[video=youtube;5a9EppdF0r4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9EppdF0r4[/video]

This is after 600+ deaths. The economy is on the upswing, AMAZING.

The media
    1. Convinced the public there was a recession when there actually was none.
    2. Covered the weak performance of the H1N1 response
    3. Covered for Benghazi
    4. I'm sure more could be added
    5. and has created the furor over Covid19.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Accountants? Oh. It’s even worse than that. Marketers design things, with consult of accountants.

Indeed... I spoke too soon!

Not trying to dogpile McG personally, since I don't know the man or his work, but the complaints of the rest of you guys have also been my experience.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @2a_tom
    Sssshhhhh
    That was THE CHOOSEN ONE!
    He was suppose to bring balance to the...
    Oh wait never mind wrong script. ;)

We are in the orange man bad movie now.
    :faint:

Now run out and buy your tp like everyone else.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Indeed... I spoke too soon!

Not trying to dogpile McG personally, since I don't know the man or his work, but the complaints of the rest of you guys have also been my experience.

Somebody has to take the words of the engineers and put them into simple terms that the average buyer understands. How else will anyone know the features and benefits of the product without the marketing folks? :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I actually took a small bottle of hand sanitizer to the grocery store this morning. I used it when I got back in my car. I even used the alcohol cart wipes on the way in to the store. I have never done that in my life. Ingomike will be so proud of me. (for not peeing on my hands like I usually do).

:):

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    They could have gave him a price point he is allowed to sell at. It would let those that want some to get some. They would be paying for online convenience, and germ free shopping. Yes he was making money hand over fist. If he was smart, he would be out selling to large stores before he is stuck with all the product.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom