• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just a tiny note about commercials on tv.
    The advertising industry is pretty much shut down.
    You will most likely soon(if not already)see add for say wearing a seat belt sponsored by another state(not Indiana).
    Why? To fill air time of canceled commercials.

It may take a few weeks to sort out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hate spreading rumors but******
    many state police officers are collecting near I-70 and Holt Rd. Interchange.
    Could it be a 5pm shutdown of I-70? I would have expected more at I-465 and all major incoming routes.
    My grandson told me yesterday that serious travel restrictions were coming this weekend. No idea where he heard it.

Why there? wouldnt it make more sense to spread out if they are going to lock down an entire 50 mile loop. There should be 3 more groups but no reports.

It sounds like a panicked rumor.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think one thing I've learned from this, we've given state governors way too much unchecked emergency power.
    When this is over we need to petition our lawmakers to cut off a lot of this unchecked authority. It's not going to be easy but we can do it if we stick together.
    One thing to remember through this, the government does not have the manpower to control the masses if we wish to resist any unjust orders. If you must go somewhere to help someone or yourself or you need to go somewhere (last I checked my freedom I dont need a ****ing reason to want to go somewhere) do it. ****'em.
    If I'm not out coughing on people, or robbing or looting then I'm not hurting anyone. Just like if you go out during a storm though, do so at your own peril. If you get into a wreck or stranded, don't cry if no one comes to rescue you. You either want freedom and the self reliance that comes with it or you don't.
    I don't need anyone to be responsible or risk themselves for me. I got this.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Drug bust. Traffic mule coming through? House raid? Speed trap? Sometimes the speed trap has 10 to 20 units on the on ramp and one officer on the bridge. May be a VP or President coming to town from the airport? Lots of reasons.......

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Hearing a lot about texts from "friends at DHS" or "friends with connections at DHS" that say DHS is planning a national lock down. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Do not believe the disinformation campaigns. Please do not pass it along. Use trusted local and federal government sources.

https://twitter.com/DHS_Wolf

I am in the wait and see mode. I like Chad Wolf. He is using my trust right now. For now I believe what he says. If it proves true,great. If he is not speaking the truth he will lose my trust,and I let him know that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The federal government does not have the authority to declare a national lock down. Why do we think the states have been issuing their own orders? The states, on the other hand...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I think one thing I've learned from this, we've given state governors way too much unchecked emergency power.
    When this is over we need to petition our lawmakers to cut off a lot of this unchecked authority. It's not going to be easy but we can do it if we stick together.
    One thing to remember through this, the government does not have the manpower to control the masses if we wish to resist any unjust orders. If you must go somewhere to help someone or yourself or you need to go somewhere (last I checked my freedom I dont need a ****ing reason to want to go somewhere) do it. ****'em.
    If I'm not out coughing on people, or robbing or looting then I'm not hurting anyone. Just like if you go out during a storm though, do so at your own peril. If you get into a wreck or stranded, don't cry if no one comes to rescue you. You either want freedom and the self reliance that comes with it or you don't.
    I don't need anyone to be responsible or risk themselves for me. I got this.

I may be out of my mind here, and time will tell, but I'm not expecting China style armed patrols pushing you at gun point back into your house. I'm expecting that people will behave mostly rationally and stay home without being forced to do so at gun point. If you need to go somewhere, go. If you don't, stay put.

These "lockdowns" aren't aimed at you. You're not a moron. You know how to act already. These are for the stupids that will be out doing all manner of ridiculous things that they don't need to be doing... like scouring 10 counties trying to buy all of the toilet paper. :facepalm:

I could be wrong about all of this and am open to saying I was wrong later, or some "I told you so", but since this is the first time in my 41 year history with the state of Indiana, I don't really feel that these powers are being abused and it doesn't look like anybody is taking this lightly. :dunno:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I think we're all in a wait-and-see mode. I also think there is a lot of "What If" disaster preperation and planning going on by all state govs. When my UPS driver tells me that two of his fellow drivers in the NG, got orders to report at a specific time and place, I have no reason to disbelieve that. Also, INGO members and their family members are receiving travel passes from the companies they work for, as essential-services people. That doesn't mean exactly nothing, but we don't know exactly what it does mean. Yet.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost

Can you give an example of this unchecked power? And not a hypothetical, but one you've actually seen?
    Imo, a pandemic like this is one of the few reasons for which we have given governors this power. If we start to see some actual bill of rights violations then I think we have something to talk about, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Philosophical question: Does it matter which disease a terminal patient dies from?

Does it matter if my Uncle dies of stage 4 lung cancer or covid-19? Or if my granny expires from advanced dimentia, or covid-19?

I've seen cancer patients die before, and I can't imagine covid-19 is whole lot worse than what they went through.

Just my thoughts.

I don't know, my brother. I think we all hope for go to sleep and not wake up. I can think of much better ways to go than gasping for breath like a fish out of water until organs fail and we finally sputter and die. I truly believe the Lord does not place a trial before a man that he cannot overcome, but I sincerely hope he doesn't overestimate my strength

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I may be out of my mind here, and time will tell, but I'm not expecting China style armed patrols pushing you at gun point back into your house. I'm expecting that people will behave mostly rationally and stay home without being forced to do so at gun point. If you need to go somewhere, go. If you don't, stay put.

These "lockdowns" aren't aimed at you. You're not a moron. You know how to act already. These are for the stupids that will be out doing all manner of ridiculous things that they don't need to be doing... like scouring 10 counties trying to buy all of the toilet paper. :facepalm:

I could be wrong about all of this and am open to saying I was wrong later, or some "I told you so", but since this is the first time in my 41 year history with the state of Indiana, I don't really feel that these powers are being abused and it doesn't look like anybody is taking this lightly. :dunno:

We had a young person come into my shop today, fresh off the beach from spring break, who was sicker than ****. He had no concerns about any of this virus stuff, and was pissed his precious spring break was interrupted. My wife sent a fax for him, then promptly disinfected the whole lobby .... again. I didn't find out about it until after he was gone; probably a good thing, as I might not have been nice to him, being he was obviously sick. SMH, and tempted to close down even before it becomes mandatory.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    We had a young person come into my shop today, fresh off the beach from spring break, who was sicker than ****. He had no concerns about any of this virus stuff, and was pissed his precious spring break was interrupted. My wife sent a fax for him, then promptly disinfected the whole lobby .... again. I didn't find out about it until after he was gone; probably a good thing, as I might not have been nice to him, being he was obviously sick. SMH, and tempted to close down even before it becomes mandatory.

...and that's exactly why I'm not all bent out of shape about a "lockdown" if it comes.I think Oldgunfan is on the right track here too.

In your position, I'm going to guess you have some regular customers. Perhaps go to a "by appointment only" schedule to keep a large chunk of your business and then you can decide who you open the door to and who you don't.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OK so are we talking about a "stay at home" order? Where you can still leave for "essential things"... and pharmacies, grocery, etc... are excluded, and remain open...

Yes, so far that is the structure of it. If they go beyond that, IMO you will see pitchforks and torches (and 'assault weapons')

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just a tiny note about commercials on tv.
    The advertising industry is pretty much shut down.
    You will most likely soon(if not already)see add for say wearing a seat belt sponsored by another state(not Indiana).
    Why? To fill air time of canceled commercials.

It may take a few weeks to sort out.

Yup. I was scanning around the schedule trying to find ANYTHING worth watching and I actually saw some reruns of the bill cosby show. Who the **** would ever watch that?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A pint of Jack Daniels and she looks 22.

Shoot, if Neil Young can marry Daryl Hannah......

His music is still great. Her looks? Not so much.

A) Neil Young is not exactly a 'looker' himself, he's probably still marrying up

B) Perhaps she has 'talents' beyond looking pretty

Damn fine musician, though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom