• ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Wisconsin shooting puts castle law under scrutiny | Reuters

This Wisconsin case, in conjunction with the Florida case with Trayvon Martin, seem to be used as part of a desperate counter-attack against guns and self-defense by the anti-gunners, using race as a hot button to inflame the issue. And, surprise, Soros is involved through change.org funding to the antis.

One of the comments to the Yahoo article on this is interesting:

"I just read the local article which contained info from the prosecutor.
    The man confronted the drinking teens and asked them to please turn the music down. Dead man, being the huff, fluff and puff he was, gets into a verbal altercation with the man. Man walks away to his home and calls local PD to deal with it. PD arrives 5 mintues after call and nobody would answer house door or garage door. Please depart area. Moments later, man hears something crash on REAR porch. Man gets gun and approaches rear door yelling "who is there". No answer but more noise. Homeowner opens door and dark figure with one hand up is but 2 steps from door entry and lunges at homeowner.
    Mr huff and puff just got LEGALLY DEAD!!!
    He kicked in the locked ENCLOSED rear screen door!!"

Compare that to the article.

The anti-gun and race propaganda engine is in full gear.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    desperate counter-attack

Emphasis here on desperate.

To continue our WWII analogy here at INGO, Operation Frulingserwachen was serious but desperate and a complete failure.

The Media couterattack is localized, state level, nothing federal, and is still all talk. This latest Media effort will reach a Duke Lacrosse Moment very soon.

We are swinging the culture back to the pro-gun default setting. A localized, desperate counter-attack will not stop us.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Did anyone else read that free kindle book that was on "Sale" a few weeks back. It was a little... erm... bathroom-worthy but the guy made a case for the government banning firearms by using one big but then small but linked incidents of gun violence to turn the population against legal gun owners.

*tin foil hat on*

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It is laughable how the author of that article addressed the situation. Common sense would dictate, hey, don't break into people's homes. If you do, you might get shot. Instead, the law is under attack for allowing the home owner to defend himself inside his damn house.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is laughable how the author of that article addressed the situation. Common sense would dictate, hey, don't break into people's homes. If you do, you might get shot. Instead, the law is under attack for allowing the home owner to defend himself inside his damn house.

But such thinking is not politically correct and needs to be stamped out. We should be happy victims.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

^This is all it comes down to. If one shoots anyone who is forcibly trying to break in one's home then it is a good shoot period. I don't care if the intruder is some drunk college student who can't find his way home, stupidity has consequences.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Maybe if they take our guns I can hire Chuck Norris to protect my house. He can stay in the spare room and use his Total Gym while he waits for the bad guys.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What is interesting about the porch shooting ... is the mother stating that the kid was doing something illegal, and has a history of doing something illegal (underage drinking). He was trying to hide **from the police** on somebody else's enclosed porch...

I understand he was drunk, but then again, if he was a law abiding citizen he would have...
    • ...not been drunk.
    • ...not had a reason to hide from the police.
    • ...not ended up on the porch of a stranger.
    • ...not ended up dead.
    Too bad people like to gloss over things like that.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Emphasis here on desperate.

To continue our WWII analogy here at INGO, Operation Frulingserwachen was serious but desperate and a complete failure.

The Media couterattack is localized, state level, nothing federal, and is still all talk. This latest Media effort will reach a Duke Lacrosse Moment very soon.

We are swinging the culture back to the pro-gun default setting. A localized, desperate counter-attack will not stop us.
    Winston? Monty, is that you?

"We were discussing air supremacy, Sir Arthur." :):

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    We're witnessing a widespread press and pop star attack on guns and carrying. I've seen this before with the "assault weapons" and "cop killer bullet" hysterias. Be vigilant.

Mad Brew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Franklin
    At least the authorities ruled it as justifiable (since it is). Though I wonder if there is a civil case in the future for this law-abiding homeowner. These events and the ignorant hysteria that follows makes me want to enroll in law school.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Morrison's mother, Lauri Morrison, said he was trying to hide because he had previous tickets for underage drinking.

"He executed my son," Morrison said. "This cannot happen to another kid."

Morrison's sister, Kayla Morrison, said the former high school athlete had gotten in with the wrong crowd for a while, "But he was not a criminal. He was not a violent person."

Raise stupid children, and they won't live to see 30. What, was the homeowner supposed to let a drunk who stumbled onto his porch and continued to walk towards him despite having a gun leveled at him just waltz into his house? With KIDS inside, no less?

Selfishness incited the comments from the family of the dead idiot. "Only my boy matters, you should have just let him wreck stuff so that I could come home to my child". Ignorant sods.

I'm still trying to figure out how this is even a protestable offense, or how this threatens the Castle Doctrine. :dunno:

Top Bottom