Consider everyday that you are on National Television representing US!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Not to be judgmental but anyone who is attending the NRA Annual Meeting... Please dress as if you were being interviewed on the 5 oclock news... because you may be.... I think this year the Liberal MSM is going to be searching for anyone to put on the news to push their agenda, and I have traveled the country enough to know that there is a significant portion of the population (read that East Coast/ West Coast, and every Urban area in-between...) that would love to have some "Hayseed Hoosier" on there wearing a Zombie Apocalypse T Shirt and a ball cap that says " Who Farted?" on it to enhance their own stereotypes... especially if they are carrying...

We.... Those attending the NRA AM... Represent everyone... especially citizens of Indiana... (as a life long region rat, I already am familiar with dealing with those attitudes in CHI-CAG-O...)

Let's show them what real life responsible firearm owners are like, not their fantasy...

Monday, I could care less... but through Sunday... I care a lot...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was dreading the "what to wear" thread.

Honestly this is a good point. Several years ago I told my father, NOT a gun person, I was going to the NRA national conv. (St. Louis I think). His assumptions were that it would be 10,000 guys wearing camo and drinking beer.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I was dreading the "what to wear" thread.

Honestly this is a good point. Several years ago I told my father, NOT a gun person, I was going to the NRA national conv. (St. Louis I think). His assumptions were that it would be 10,000 guys wearing camo and drinking beer.

The number might be a little off but I did happen to see a group (10 or more) wearing their camo gear walking near the convention this morning.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is true, the media will pick the most outlandish people to interview.

I was at an event in Indy and my date was being interviewed. I actually heard the reporter tell the camera man not to get the NRA hat guy in the picture. Some one tried to pull me away, but I would not move. On the news that night her interview was on the air and my NRA hat wearing self was cropped out of the picture.

There may be 99.999 percent Rhodes Scholars willing to speak, but an anti gun attack "journalist" will sniff out the most ignorant, stupid looking guy and bait him into saying something negative.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wait...what? Now I need to dress to please other people? Let me go buy some dress clothes just to make people happy. Maybe they will pick that hayseed looking character and he will be very well spoken.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm wearing shorts, a t-shirt and a vest, I had jeans and a coat on last time I was interviewed on the news and it went fine

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I dress appropriately for every occasion.

I'm pretty sure I won't be hunting at the convention, so camo gear would be entirely inappropriate. But, I'll bet there'll be a lot of it around. :laugh:

Hard to blame someone for 'stereotyping' when ya live the stereotype. :lmfao:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was going to do an INGO t-shirt and shorts but I found out we might be going out for dinner after: Cargo pants and an NRA Instructor shirt it is.

SQWRLZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I second this.
    I'm not dressing up like for church, but I did wear jeans, a dress shirt and jacket with my life member lapel pin yesterday.
    Just a polo and jeans today, but I'm damn determined I'm not going to be ammunition in the enemy's chamber, used for propoganda.

Top Bottom