• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I haven't been on a vacation outside of Indiana or Kentucky since I started to carry on a regular basis. We are going to Alabama later this month and I wanted to check with INGO about CC on this trip. From my research on the internet, it seems like I'm good to go in Alabama and Tennesse and even Mississippi and Georgia if we decide to make any side trips. I just wanted to see if you guys know of anything I might be missing.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I would check state laws on place restrictions. For example, I believe some states outlaw carrying in bars or similar places. Other than that, you’re good to go with Indiana LTCH.
    I'll watch for that. I think at least one of the states I checked did restrict carrying in a bar.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I haven't been on a vacation outside of Indiana or Kentucky since I started to carry on a regular basis. We are going to Alabama later this month and I wanted to check with INGO about CC on this trip. From my research on the internet, it seems like I'm good to go in Alabama and Tennesse and even Mississippi and Georgia if we decide to make any side trips. I just wanted to see if you guys know of anything I might be missing.
    As long as you are not Constitutional Carrying and have an Indiana LTCH.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Be aware certain places in Tennessee are not Carry friendly ie Trashville. Also signs Cary force of law unlike Indiana. Additionally would recommend against open carry as well.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Be aware certain places in Tennessee are not Carry friendly ie Trashville. Also signs Cary force of law unlike Indiana. Additionally would recommend against open carry as well.
    Thanks for the info. We will be driving through Nashville but won't be getting off the highway there. I never open carry. I don't think it's anyone's business that I am carrying. I think it's just asking for some anti gunner to cause you some trouble. I also didn't know about the signs carry force of law in TN.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Thanks for the info. We will be driving through Nashville but won't be getting off the highway there. I never open carry. I don't think it's anyone's business that I am carrying. I think it's just asking for some anti gunner to cause you some trouble. I also didn't know about the signs carry force of law in TN.
    If you can swing it Briely Parkway is your friend!

I am not anti open carry but just think there is a time and place for it.
    If you can avoid refueling in Davidson County that would be a plus.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    If you can swing it Briely Parkway is your friend!

I am not anti open carry but just think there is a time and place for it.
    If you can avoid refueling in Davidson County that would be a plus.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not familiar with the Nashville area at all, so this will really help.

Reactions: wcd

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    You're GTG in all the states you mentioned, as they are all Constitutional Carry. If you have an IN LTC, even better.

Things to watch out for. Check these for each state you visit.
    -"no guns" Signs have force of law in many states
    -statutory prohibited places vary widely state to state. Some are not obvious, especially coming from IN (which has very few prohibited places.)
    -Duty to Inform in some states
    -Restaurants serving alcohol - a few states ban entirely, many ban for places where > 50% of their income is from alcohol (e.g. bars)

If you have a Smartphone, the CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State app is available for iPhone or Android. It has all the different sections / types of laws for each state, as well as reciprocity.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Carrying in other states is easy when you view "gun laws" as mere suggestions and not actual rules. When someone finds me a California cop carrying a 10 round magazine and a gun off the Ca roster then I might respect these "laws" a bit more.

Add purple wherever you think is relevant

Top Bottom