• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    When "BLM" came to mooresville it was all white people and 2 black people, about 30 people... and the residents far outnumbered them. I drove to town to the store and saw people on rooftops with AR's, and half the people on the street had their rifle slung.

You do not wanna give people with thousands of dollars in weapons an excuse to legally use them... they may feel like they need to get their moneys worth. Stick to the city, where the mayor and prosecutor are on your team.

I just wonder if this genius has thought about where the urbanites are going to get their food after the rural folks cut them off.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The house was once quite rural (I could shoot in the backyard) but is close to an interstate highway.(about 2 miles) when a house went up for sale it seems that LEO officers bought them. I think my 2 mile square has more LEO than most places in the USA. We have been here 25 years and things are changing.

The housing boom sold off some of the fields and the interstate exit now has a couple gas stations that are rather big compared to the old ones that were there. They built those no basement houses 3 per acre around the exit. I have heard they sold a couple more of the large farm fields closer to the house. I hear a miejer store is looking into the area. We now have stop lights near the exit where before it was stop signs.

They call it progress I think of it as encroachment. To the south of me the hillside now has 5/6 houses that are multi million dollar homes (has raised my properties worth.) and with the small farm next door was sold they put horses in the fields so I don’t shoot in the backyard anymore. The very back always had cows in the field.

When the house next door went up for sale I bought the 2 acres behind the house and my oldest daughter bought the house. I have spoken to the neighbor to the north of her to tell me if he has to sell (older man widowed) I would be interested in his house. Behind him is the brother in law. So we have the area under control but population density matters and if the jam 3 house per acre in the 400 acre field near the highway I heard sold that is 1200 houses and 4 people average per home. Now that is 4800 new people in my 3 mile radius plus. Plus the 200 acres they already filled before the 2008 housing crisis so add another 2400. So add 7k people into the area plus the normal few new homes built outside of the farmland tract homes.

Already thinking of gates fences trees cameras motion detectors locking up the buildings we used to just shut the doors to.
    I have a lot of work into the property. I still have a ton to do.

So at what point does the movement of development encroach upon my home that I need to sell. On thing about interest rates going up is maybe it slows the encroachment.

Maybe all the 7k people moving in will be those who think like I do. Then again if they purchased a home where they look out the window into the window next door I don’t think they will have the same mindset that I do.

Time will tell but population density matters and it may get to the breaking point and I have to move which I really don’t want to so

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The house was once quite rural (I could shoot in the backyard) but is close to an interstate highway.(about 2 miles) when a house went up for sale it seems that LEO officers bought them. I think my 2 mile square has more LEO than most places in the USA. We have been here 25 years and things are changing.

The housing boom sold off some of the fields and the interstate exit now has a couple gas stations that are rather big compared to the old ones that were there. They built those no basement houses 3 per acre around the exit. I have heard they sold a couple more of the large farm fields closer to the house. I hear a miejer store is looking into the area. We now have stop lights near the exit where before it was stop signs.

They call it progress I think of it as encroachment. To the south of me the hillside now has 5/6 houses that are multi million dollar homes (has raised my properties worth.) and with the small farm next door was sold they put horses in the fields so I don’t shoot in the backyard anymore. The very back always had cows in the field.

When the house next door went up for sale I bought the 2 acres behind the house and my oldest daughter bought the house. I have spoken to the neighbor to the north of her to tell me if he has to sell (older man widowed) I would be interested in his house. Behind him is the brother in law. So we have the area under control but population density matters and if the jam 3 house per acre in the 400 acre field near the highway I heard sold that is 1200 houses and 4 people average per home. Now that is 4800 new people in my 3 mile radius plus. Plus the 200 acres they already filled before the 2008 housing crisis so add another 2400. So add 7k people into the area plus the normal few new homes built outside of the farmland tract homes.

Already thinking of gates fences trees cameras motion detectors locking up the buildings we used to just shut the doors to.
    I have a lot of work into the property. I still have a ton to do.

So at what point does the movement of development encroach upon my home that I need to sell. On thing about interest rates going up is maybe it slows the encroachment.

Maybe all the 7k people moving in will be those who think like I do. Then again if they purchased a home where they look out the window into the window next door I don’t think they will have the same mindset that I do.

Time will tell but population density matters and it may get to the breaking point and I have to move which I really don’t want to so
    Unfortunately, many folks I know buy a lot of land around themselves when they move out to the country not because they know it will keep development at arms length. They do it because they know the city will eventually come out to meet them and a large chunk of land can be sold to developers for a nice profit to fund a move even further out. Most go through this twice in a lifetime, sometimes three times

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    Oh please do. :lmfao: Come to my defenseless town, please.
    Sounds like a typical 16-year-old Reddit kid who doesn't have any friends. These people don't have an identity of their own and after reading a couple of posts about "resetting the entire system" because everyone should have everything they form this persona and think they're going to change the world. They don't even think about how giving away trillions of dollars impacts day-to-day life because they don't work and pay taxes.

.....go pick on rural people. Like how stupid are you, all of the stats and quotes about how well armed and defended this country really is all stems from rural people with their guns and bunkers.

People who post this sort of stuff remind me of this whole debacle like one person can sometimes really show alot.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    I don't know who this clown is. I do know this individual has NEVER set foot in a small town, nor met any of the people who live 10 miles from a town with one caution light, and a general store.

Dude it's probably some teenager liberal arts major who thinks eating organic avacados is going to put the brakes on communism. They are so out of touch with reality it goes full circle and becomes interesting.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe someone who knows Reddit or wherever this originated better than I do can figure this out.

When was the account created and how many comments have their been?

I am wondering whether the account was created just for this incendiary statement...which would lead me to a whole host of other suspicions.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe someone who knows Reddit or wherever this originated better than I do can figure this out.

When was the account created and how many comments have their been?

I am wondering whether the account was created just for this incendiary statement...which would lead me to a whole host of other suspicions.
    Don't know Reddit but it says the thread has 1.6 million followers…

Top Bottom