Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I hope he isn't willing to settle for Levis. He reminds me too much of Jacob Eason. He seems to have all the physical traits but makes a lot of bad decisions.
    I've watched every Kentucky game since Levis came onboard. A lot of his bad decisions were due to always playing behind and a terrible o-line. But coming to Indy he will be dropped in that exact situation. I don't see any rookie coming in and looking good.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I've watched every Kentucky game since Levis came onboard. A lot of his bad decisions were due to always playing behind and a terrible o-line. But coming to Indy he will be dropped in that exact situation. I don't see any rookie coming in and looking good.
    I haven't seen him play, so I'm getting all my information second hand. I've just read some analysis of him lately that make him sound like Eason. If we end up with him, I hope they are wrong. It will be another interesting draft.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Surely the Colts won't settle for a never-was veteran. But you know it's the Colts. :ugh:

At the right price he could be a bridge to a drafted rookie QB. I personally do not want him but he has been a good player, teammate, and representative of the team that he could be a mentor, but the money would need to be right.

“From the moment the Raiders benched quarterback Derek Carr with two games to play in the 2022 regular season, it became clear that they did it to avoid owing him $40.4 million as of February 15, the third day of the 2023 waiver period.”

“Carr won’t be back. We already knew it. On Thursday, he said so.”

“The question now becomes whether he’ll be traded or released. The answer should be easy. Carr should be released, after making it clear to the team that he’ll do nothing to cooperate with any effort to trade him.”

“He has a no-trade clause. If they ask him before February 15 whether he’ll waive it, he should refuse to do so. Actually, he should refuse to even answer the question.”

“Why would he want to be traded? Some would say that’s the only way he’ll get his $40.4 million in guarantees. But that’s wrong. Any team that would assume Carr’s contract and give the Raiders value for it would pay Carr at least that much as a free agent. A new team would pay him more if they didn’t have to send a draft pick or a player or both or whatever to get Carr.”

“Some would say Carr will cooperate with the Raiders, that there’s no bad blood. First, there’s definitely bad blood. They’re dumping him, after he made it clear he never wanted to play for any other team.”

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I read a number of articles, things mentioned included not interviewing well, being too tough on players, turning down previous offers, and questions of whether he would be as good without Patrick Mahomes.

The NFL at times seems to be fond of the latest shiny new toy, so Bieniemy may have simply missed his opportunity when he turned down previous offers.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I'm starting to see more mock drafts with the Colts selecting Levis with Stroud still on the board. There is a long time to go before the draft. I'm sure there will be movement on the draft boards after the combine. Hopefully they will get the OL fixed. Raimann was playing pretty well by the end of the season and Ballard mentioned doing something about the interior line in his press conference.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I've heard that Stroud is considering staying at Ohio State for another year. They are saying that he could make millions in NIL money.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've heard that Stroud is considering staying at Ohio State for another year. They are saying that he could make millions in NIL money.
    That seems illogical: I get it that there is NIL money, a lot of it, but nowhere near the over $40 million dollar contract, with $25 million up front that Stroud can get…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom