North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A complete update.

“Indianapolis: Fired head coach Frank Reich on November 7. Hired Jeff Saturday as interim head coach. Requested interviews with Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn, Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson and Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris. Requested permission to interview Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen on January 9. Requested interview with Broncos defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero. Interviewed Colts special teams coordinator Bubba Ventrone on January 11. Announced a completed interview with Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy on January 12. Announced a completed interview with Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris on January 13. Interviewed Glenn and Steichen on January 14. Interviewed Johnson on January 13. Requested interview with Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka. Requested interview with 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans. Requested interview with Giants defensive coordinator Wink Martindale.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Twitter rumor mill hardest hit.
    What's your thoughts on pick #4, from a qb perspective? Reports, for what they're worth, suggests there are only two qb's in the draft that are impact players from day one. It would really stink to pick a "project/developmental" qb at four. But trading back, per CB's normal approach, would likely cause the fan base to burn down 56th st. I don't follow college football so my knowledge of the qb prospects is worthless, leaving me at the mercy of those in the know. Two ready to go qb's and we have pick four....

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What's your thoughts on pick #4, from a qb perspective? Reports, for what they're worth, suggests there are only two qb's in the draft that are impact players from day one. It would really stink to pick a "project/developmental" qb at four. But trading back, per CB's normal approach, would likely cause the fan base to burn down 56th st. I don't follow college football so my knowledge of the qb prospects is worthless, leaving me at the mercy of those in the know. Two ready to go qb's and we have pick four....
    Here's where I say that I don't have a GM hat to put on. I'm not qualified to evaluate draft talent, and rarely try to do so (even if I slept in a Holiday Inn Express the night before - which I normally don't, because I'm a Marriott guy).

I've heard it suggested that Young might be as low as the #4 QB on the Colts'/Ballard's draft board, behind Stroud, Levis, and Richardson, primarily due to their build/metrics. Young doesn't really fit the mold of a Ballard QB.

So, who knows? What I want is a) for Ballard to identify his QB pick, and then b) for Ballard to do what is reasonably necessary to go get that QB.

Whomever anyone picks, or in what order, at QB in this year's draft, it's all a crapshoot. There are no Mannings or Lucks in this draft class.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It's my opinion Trey was wishing Carthon good luck. Maybe in the back of his mind he hopes he gets out of SF. But three 1st and a 3rd to draft him?? He's going nowhere. PFT (Florio specifically) has become way salacious with their write ups. I guess he is in the business of 'clicks'. I think Ballard is above average at talent evaluation. But for every Peyton or Luck, there's a Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Drafting 4th, in a draft the experts tell me is thin at qb, just doesn't fill me with confidence.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This was interesting, build a good enough minority team management system that other teams want your minority staff and get extra third round picks. If I read it right the 49’ers have received or will receive at least 5 additional third round picks over a three year period. That is huge!

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    It's my opinion Trey was wishing Carthon good luck. Maybe in the back of his mind he hopes he gets out of SF. But three 1st and a 3rd to draft him?? He's going nowhere. PFT (Florio specifically) has become way salacious with their write ups. I guess he is in the business of 'clicks'. I think Ballard is above average at talent evaluation. But for every Peyton or Luck, there's a Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Drafting 4th, in a draft the experts tell me is thin at qb, just doesn't fill me with confidence.
    I've been searching the internet for QB prospect rankings over the past few weeks and have seen "experts" that say any of the top four (Young, Stroud, Levis & Richardson) could be the best NFL prospect in the class. Young is ranked first on most list, but there are also many doubts about his size. With all that to consider, I don't think drafting 1st - 3rd would fill me with a lot of confidence either. :ugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom