• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I did see him against Georgia in a losing effort and saw Stroud totally disappear against Michigan.

Eh yes and no. It’s not all wins and losses. Is anybody talking about Stetson Bennett as a franchise qb? Absolutely not. He’ll probably win two National Titles in a row. He also probably won’t get drafted until the 5th or 6th round.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    And there's this. How long would he last with the Colts OL?

The Crimson Tide website lists him at 6 feet, 194 pounds. Multiple scouts have said the buzz in NFL circles is Young is probably closer to 185 pounds. That would make him an absolute outlier as an NFL prospect. Teams have charts to measure the size of prospects — height, weight, length, hand size.

“He wouldn’t even be on our graph at that size,” one scout said of his team’s chart for quarterback height and weight.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I did see him against Georgia in a losing effort and saw Stroud totally disappear against Michigan.
    I didn't see the Michigan game so I have no idea what he looked like in that game. I assume it wasn't great due to the score, but he did put up 41 points against one of the best defenses in the country in the Georgia game.
    I see them both gone in the fist four picks. Houston is taking a QB at #2, the questions are, is AZ looking to replace Murray and will anyone trade up with Chicago. I don’t believe either QB will be there at #4 as one of the two will happen.

The comments on Young sound like a repeat of everything said about Drew Brees and I would take Drew Brees all day…
    Yeah, I don't know if he will make it to 4 either. That's why I said IF we can get him there. I'm all for trading up to get a QB if we have to. I'm just saying I'm willing to take the second one, because I'm not sold on either one of them being that much better of a prospect than the other. The thing that bothers me about Young is his smaller frame, not just his height. I've seen him listed at 194-195 pounds whereas Brees weighted in at 213 at the combine.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And further complicating the draft as a new coach may want a new QB.

It is good for trade up purposes that the Colts are a different conference than the Bears and more QB needy teams are NFC than AFC…

I do think the Colts would be a very attractive trade partner. Unless the Texans want to get to #1. They would only move back a couple spots and still be able to draft a premium player.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I do think the Colts would be a very attractive trade partner. Unless the Texans want to get to #1. They would only move back a couple spots and still be able to draft a premium player.
    Yeah, it will be hard for the Colts to outbid Houston if they want to stay ahead of us. The Bears would be dropping very little in a trade with the Colts, but they would be basically losing nothing by trading with Houston since they don't want a QB. By trading with us they would still move behind the Cardinals.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    And further complicating the draft as a new coach may want a new QB.

It is good for trade up purposes that the Colts are a different conference than the Bears and more QB needy teams are NFC than AFC…
    Haha, that's one thing I think we all can agree on. It is definitely going to be complicated.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, it will be hard for the Colts to outbid Houston if they want to stay ahead of us. The Bears would be dropping very little in a trade with the Colts, but they would be basically losing nothing by trading with Houston since they don't want a QB. By trading with us they would still move behind the Cardinals.
    Haha, that's one thing I think we all can agree on. It is definitely going to be complicated.
    It is complicated but fun to try and figure it out. While Chicago is losing nothing to let Houston trade up, if you are Houston, what are you willing to give up just to hold your current position and not let Chicago trade someone else in ahead of you?

I suspect those wanting to trade up will be more invested in the trade than the Texans are in protecting their position as they will get a QB at #2 no matter what. Another thing to keep in mind is the Texans have pick #12. They can make a lot of moves.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It is complicated but fun to try and figure it out. While Chicago is losing nothing to let Houston trade up, if you are Houston, what are you willing to give up just to hold your current position and not let Chicago trade someone else in ahead of you?

I suspect those wanting to trade up will be more invested in the trade than the Texans are in protecting their position as they will get a QB at #2 no matter what. Another thing to keep in mind is the Texans have pick #12. They can make a lot of moves.

Dream scenario for the Bears:

Trade down to #2 with Houston for some picks

Trade down again to #4 with the Colts for a bunch more picks.

Still get a top skill position prospect at #4

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is just BS from Bleacher Report.

“The organization dealt with a mid-season firing of its offensive coordinator, then its head coach. A meddling owner demanded the team's veteran quarterback be benched. He then hired an unproven entity in the coaching ranks to serve as the interim boss. The team spiraled into the abyss and won only four games after being projected as the favorite to win the AFC South.”

With a veteran QB and solid D everyone expected a lot of the 2022 Colts, including the Owner.

When it was clear (and it was to all of us here) that the coaching staff and veteran QB were failing and it was not being corrected, changes were made. Is that really meddling? No to me.

I wish they should list the coaches available midseason to run a team on an interim basis. They are just parroting the coaches fraternity BS that only those that have “paid their dues” should be given an opportunity, and they hate it when outsiders are given an opportunity. The GM fraternity believes they are special too. Neither are special.

After saying all that they imply that the team went downhill because of their complaints not that what they are whining about was caused by the team that “spiraled into the abyss”…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    “The organization dealt with a mid-season firing of its offensive coordinator, then its head coach. A meddling owner demanded the team's veteran quarterback be benched. He then hired an unproven entity in the coaching ranks to serve as the interim boss. The team spiraled into the abyss and won only four games after being projected as the favorite to win the AFC South.”

I’m not a fanboy for Bleacher Report or anything, but this is all objectively true….

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m not a fanboy for Bleacher Report or anything, but this is all objectively true….

If you agree with them:

What coaches that meet the standard were available midseason to run the team on an interim basis?

Do you believe Irsay a ”meddling” owner?

Is it the owners right to order a GM and or coach to try other players when it has been proven their plan failed? Is this meddling? (a pejorative term IMHO)

Do you believe only pedigreed coaches can coach?

Just trying to understand what is “objectively true”…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom