Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Coaching carousel begins.

Besides the Bronco’s, Colts, and Panthers,

(Love) Smith may not be around to work with anyone that the Texans draft anyway. Sunday began with word that he, Genera Manager Nick Caserio, or both will be fired in the near future.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, the feeling in building is that Rams coach Sean McVay is more likely to leave than to stay.

Kingsbury is the likeliest candidate to lose his job ahead of Black Monday. The 43-year old inked a five-year extension ahead of the 2022 season, with some reports saying he's set to earn $5.5 million a year. It seems unlikely that he'll stick around for the entirety of that deal, given the Cardinals' struggles this year.

Posted in the old thread by mistake…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The Colts moved to Indiana round about the same time I did. In the time since, other than the Peyton years +/- this season is more the norm than not. Some owners seem to be complacent simply owning a team and it sure seems like the Colts’ fall into that mold.

(Oh…post 44,000!)

For all of Irsay’s (many) faults, I don’t think being complacent is one of them.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Coaching carousel begins.

Besides the Bronco’s, Colts, and Panthers,

(Love) Smith may not be around to work with anyone that the Texans draft anyway. Sunday began with word that he, Genera Manager Nick Caserio, or both will be fired in the near future.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, the feeling in building is that Rams coach Sean McVay is more likely to leave than to stay.

Kingsbury is the likeliest candidate to lose his job ahead of Black Monday. The 43-year old inked a five-year extension ahead of the 2022 season, with some reports saying he's set to earn $5.5 million a year. It seems unlikely that he'll stick around for the entirety of that deal, given the Cardinals' struggles this year.

Posted in the old thread by mistake…

The future at head coach and GM is just as interesting as who the next quarterback will be. So many decisions and moving pieces.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Colts moved to Indiana round about the same time I did. In the time since, other than the Peyton years +/- this season is more the norm than not. Some owners seem to be complacent simply owning a team and it sure seems like the Colts’ fall into that mold.

(Oh…post 44,000!)
    There are two era’s to measure and they are not the same. There is the Bob Irsay era and you may well be right. That is not right for the Jim Irsay era. This is not MLB, there is a functional salary cap and a minimum a team must spend also, so no teams are allowed to not spend on a team and share the TV revenue.

Jim Irsay has spent a lot of money on players, GM’s, and coaches. Heck, the Colts had the highest paid line in the NFL this season, not exactly the hallmarks of a “complacent” owner. The Colts have brought in as good of talent in the GM positions, for a small market team, since JI has been in charge.

There is a limited number of franchise QB’s, and managers that want to be in Indy. The Colts pizzed a lot of teams off when they got fortunate enough to get Luck immediately follow Manning. Since 2000 16 teams have not played in a super bowl. Colts have twice.

For a small market team, the Colts are the sixth smallest, they have done pretty well. KC is the hot team since Mahomes, the seventh smallest market, but still but trail the Colts record since 2000. Kinda funny how it works, Colts get a franchise QB and win, the KC gets a franchise QB and wins.

There are a lot of things the Colts can be blamed for but complacent is not one of them…

44,000 Awesome!

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Colts may have played their last game in 2022, but the 2022 NFL season is not yet concluded. It would have been nice to have that thread still open, to finish discussion of the 2022 season, while this new thread could focus on the 2023 season (which doesn't start until March). So, maybe reopen the 2022 thread?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The Colts may have played their last game in 2022, but the 2022 NFL season is not yet concluded. It would have been nice to have that thread still open, to finish discussion of the 2022 season, while this new thread could focus on the 2023 season (which doesn't start until March). So, maybe reopen the 2022 thread?

Just tradition I guess. We’ve always opened a new thread when the Colts season ends. Whether that’s before or during the playoffs.

As Belichick would say, we’re on to next year.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not the ideal body type for the position. I'm not even sure if he's 6' tall. I'd much rather see Stroud in blue.
    There are gradients to the QB position and prefer a longer term fix.

Here we are, playoff time and look around, Philly is desperately trying to get Hurts healed enough to try to make the run, Tua, is out, Chargers barely made it as Herbert is nicked, Jackson may not make it to play and if he does is still injured, 49’ers lost their QB to start the season, and that does not count the non playoff teams, Field’s, Murray, to name a couple could not finish the season.

It is almost necessary to have a mobile QB, Allen, Mahomes, can rip off a sweet run when you need it, but a running QB is different, I see stroud as a running QB.

That said I dont know a lot about Young but was not impressed with Stroud

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    There are gradients to the QB position and prefer a longer term fix.

Here we are, playoff time and look around, Philly is desperately trying to get Hurts healed enough to try to make the run, Tua, is out, Chargers barely made it as Herbert is nicked, Jackson may not make it to play and if he does is still injured, 49’ers lost their QB to start the season, and that does not count the non playoff teams, Field’s, Murray, to name a couple could not finish the season.

It is almost necessary to have a mobile QB, Allen, Mahomes, can rip off a sweet run when you need it, but a running QB is different, I see stroud as a running QB.

That said I dont know a lot about Young but was not impressed with Stroud

Did you see him against Georgia? He looked pretty darn good. Stroud's 2022 stats are all better than Young's except for interceptions; Young has 5 and Stroud has 6. I will admit that Young played in a much tougher confernce though. Stoud's body type is much more in line with a pro QB too. It wouldn't shock me if Stroud was acually the first QB taken.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Did you see him against Georgia? He looked pretty darn good. Stroud's 2022 stats are all better than Young's except for interceptions; Young has 5 and Stroud has 6. I will admit that Young played in a much tougher confernce though. Stoud's body type is much more in line with a pro QB too. It wouldn't shock me if Stroud was acually the first QB taken.
    I can't say that I have seen either play much, but a lot of what I have been reading is similar to what @Dr.Midnight has said above. I'm seen some analyst question whether Young's smaller frame can take an NFL pounding. I did watch Stroud against Georgia and thought he looked pretty good. I think I would be happy with Stroud a pick 4 if we can get him there.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I did see him against Georgia in a losing effort and saw Stroud totally disappear against Michigan.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can't say that I have seen either play much, but a lot of what I have been reading is similar to what @Dr.Midnight has said above. I'm seen some analyst question whether Young's smaller frame can take an NFL pounding. I did watch Stroud against Georgia and thought he looked pretty good. I think I would be happy with Stroud a pick 4 if we can get him there.
    I see them both gone in the fist four picks. Houston is taking a QB at #2, the questions are, is AZ looking to replace Murray and will anyone trade up with Chicago. I don’t believe either QB will be there at #4 as one of the two will happen.

The comments on Young sound like a repeat of everything said about Drew Brees and I would take Drew Brees all day…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom