North Central

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't know why anyone would have a firm opinion one way or the other about postponing the game.

Judgment call. I get why they did it. I have no reason to disagree.
    It would likely have been physically unsafe to resume play that night, as the mental state of players from both teams would have been such that additional injuries would have been more likely. One look at the faces of the players was enough to realize that the game shouldn't, and wouldn't, resume that night.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Like I said they were right to postpone the game last night.
    I don't understand why anyone wouldn't have a firm opinion on resuming the game the next day or other teams halting activities. It's a job and people have to go to work when people they know are in the midst of a critical situation all the time.
    Many of has have had to do it numerous times
    Football and auto racing aren't the same thing. Death during the event is a much more common occurrence in racing.

As for resuming the next day: again, football and auto racing aren't the same thing. There are significant logistics involved. Auto racing is adept at handling those logistics (weather delays are common), whereas football generally isn't.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Football and auto racing aren't the same thing. Death during the event is a much more common occurrence in racing.

As for resuming the next day: again, football and auto racing aren't the same thing. There are significant logistics involved. Auto racing is adept at handling those logistics (weather delays are common), whereas football generally isn't.
    The difference between the two sports from my perspective in regard to a participant being carted off, doesn't amount to a hill of beans difference. A rare situation occured and they were right to postpone the finish. The next morning the individual was stabilized and there should have been a plan to finish the game. What are logistical obstacles of having two football teams, one of which is from there to stay overnight to possibly play a game the next day? The equipment and personnel were already there.
    In any case if they weren't going to finish the game in a timely manner they should have made the decision to cancel the game and move on with the schedule as planned and get back to work. The situation from my perspective would be different if there was a death

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Can we not, with this? Hamlin took a helmet to the sternum.
    Can we not what? I think it's an interesting question of why there would be a need for Fed's to be posted at the hospital for security reasons. Local police should be able to secure a hospital.

I'm certainly not a medical expert but I suspect this could be more common if their shoulder pads didn't at least mostly cover the sternum area.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Can we not what? I think it's an interesting question of why there would be a need for Fed's to be posted at the hospital for security reasons. Local police should be able to secure a hospital.

I'm certainly not a medical expert but I suspect this could be more common if their shoulder pads didn't at least mostly cover the sternum area.
    GP, the source site, was clearly pushing the vaccine/adverse event angle.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    GP, the source site, was clearly pushing the vaccine/adverse event angle.
    Didn't open the link.

I figured it was a matter of time before that would be thrown out there. I don't think it played a factor. I think it was caused by the helmet to the sternum causing the heart rhythm to be interrupted (for lack of better medical terms).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “The Texans and the Bears remain contenders to land the first overall pick in the 2023 draft. If the Texans lose to the Colts, they will finish 2-14-1 and they will pick first overall for the first time since they took Jadeveon Clowney first overall in 2014.”

“If the Texans win and the Bears lose, the Bears would be 3-14 and they’d get the first overall pick. The Bears have not picked that high since 1947.”

“Both teams winning would give the pick to the Texans and Houston would also get the pick with a win and a Bears tie. If the Texans tie and the Bears lose, the pick will go to the Texans since the Bears won the head-to-head matchup between the teams this season.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can we not, with this? Hamlin took a helmet to the sternum.
    Well. Looked more to me like it was shoulder pads to the sternum, but still.

I'm gonna use a phrase borrowed from Bret Wienstein. I think the problem is that they don't have a model of reality, they have a side. Every Trump supporter is a terrorist. Every Biden supporter is a pedo. Okay. Maybe that one has more evidence for it, but you get the point. Every unexpected death or collapse is caused by covid vaccines.

I'm in agreement with some things that seem quite apparent. There are a lot of excess deaths post-covid. That the covid vaccines could have something to do with it seams like a reasonable hypothesis given many of the facts. Some studies seem to suggest further confirmation.

So I'm sympathetic to the reasoning that vaccines could have been a factor in Hamlin's collapse. But, we don't even know if he was vaccinated for certain. People assume he was because of policies. But when I say that at this point, if we're going to speculate, let's speculate in the direction where the facts are. His collapse followed a blunt force to his sternum. Without some direct evidence to the contrary, I don't find a good cause to speculate further than that at this point.

So the reaction from a certain part of INGO goes completely overboard. As if I'm on the other side. Like I said. They don't have a model, they have a side. If I say something contrary to their side, they get defensive, as if I'm attacking their side, rather than just suggesting we hold off on any certainty that vaccines were a factor until we have a reason to believe it. But no. Gotta protect the side's narrative at all costs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “The Texans and the Bears remain contenders to land the first overall pick in the 2023 draft. If the Texans lose to the Colts, they will finish 2-14-1 and they will pick first overall for the first time since they took Jadeveon Clowney first overall in 2014.”

“If the Texans win and the Bears lose, the Bears would be 3-14 and they’d get the first overall pick. The Bears have not picked that high since 1947.”

“Both teams winning would give the pick to the Texans and Houston would also get the pick with a win and a Bears tie. If the Texans tie and the Bears lose, the pick will go to the Texans since the Bears won the head-to-head matchup between the teams this season.”

I still think that the bears don't have a great reason to pick #1. Likely a QB would be a #1 pick. I think maybe Stroud, given his performance. That dude lit it up under such pressure, even though they lost the game. Bears probably aren't gonna pick a QB. So I kinda think they'll trade down and go after what they really need. So I don't think it really matters a lot whether they have 1st or 2nd pick. I doubt they'll give up on Fields. And I don't think they'll spend a #1 pick elsewhere. I think they're trading down.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I still think that the bears don't have a great reason to pick #1. Likely a QB would be a #1 pick. I think maybe Stroud, given his performance. That dude lit it up under such pressure, even though they lost the game. Bears probably aren't gonna pick a QB. So I kinda think they'll trade down and go after what they really need. So I don't think it really matters a lot whether they have 1st or 2nd pick. I doubt they'll give up on Fields. And I don't think they'll spend a #1 pick elsewhere. I think they're trading down.
    I do not expect the Bears to keep either pick. I expect them to trade down and still get their guy while a QB needy team moves up to a QB…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom