chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I like this jackson guy I think #35
    The lesson that should be taken from watching Jackson and Lindsay be equally as productive in the ground game as Taylor and Hines: elite offenses don't require/depend on elite running backs. The key to offensive success in the modern NFL is protecting the quarterback and passing the ball.

I love Taylor. Building an offense around him is 1980s thinking.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m struggling with how to evaluate Matt Ryan.

This is far and away the worst offensive line in football. Nearly constant pressure. He has a track record of being pretty decent with time to throw. He doesn’t have a long history of high turnovers.

But man….his bad looks really really bad. Constant fumbles. Bonehead interceptions.

I need to see him behind an average offensive line before I call him completely washed.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    As a stat, I'm not sure how I feel about that. But on a positive side, A win's a win!
    Maybe the extra few days off before the next game will get some people healthy. Maybe just maybe they can get their minds right!
    They'd get their minds right while running laps if I was the coach. The defense can watch them whilst sitting in recliners drinking beer brought to them by Hooters girls.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I’m struggling with how to evaluate Matt Ryan.

This is far and away the worst offensive line in football. Nearly constant pressure. He has a track record of being pretty decent with time to throw. He doesn’t have a long history of high turnovers.

But man….his bad looks really really bad. Constant fumbles. Bonehead interceptions.

I need to see him behind an average offensive line before I call him completely washed.
    I'm with you on this. It's hard to judge a QB playing behind a line like this. He's almost constantly under pressure. That has to really wear a QB down mentally and physically.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm with you on this. It's hard to judge a QB playing behind a line like this. He's almost constantly under pressure. That has to really wear a QB down mentally and physically.
    I'll defend the fumbles, and Ryan is clearly better than Wentz. Even under the pressure he's faced, he's mounted 3 4th-quarter comebacks in 5 games (the third, spoiled by a missed FG).

But his two INTs yesterday were just awful, and all on him. He has to clean that up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Reminds me of the Longfellow poem... :):

There was a little girl​

BY HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW
    There was a little girl,
    Who had a little curl,
    Right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good,
    She was very good indeed,
    But when she was bad she was horrid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom