• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I *feel* like if the o-line issues get resolved, everything else will fall into place.

Kevin Bowen from the local Indy radio station made a good point earlier this week. Even if we could end drives with punts instead of fumbles, that would be an upgrade!

Ryan’s fumbles alone have led to a significant chunk of our opponents points.

Despite the awful showings, it really does feel like we’re close.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I *feel* like if the o-line issues get resolved, everything else will fall into place.

Kevin Bowen from the local Indy radio station made a good point earlier this week. Even if we could end drives with punts instead of fumbles, that would be an upgrade!

I agree. Ryan has to hold onto the ball better, but most of his fumbles had a lot to do with the O-line break downs. I think we would be 3-1 right now if the O-line had played well.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I tend to agree that if the O line would get it together, they could make a serious run into the playoffs.
    No idea what needs to happen to make it click into place for them though. Just hope they figure it out

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I like this analysis.

“While Reich has a well-deserved reputation for playcalling and for quarterback development as a coordinator, as a head coach, he has demonstrated a patternof teams appearing to be unprepared for their opponent and coming out of the gate lifeless, week after week. Post-game press conferences in which Reich explains, ad nauseum, that the team was out-played, out-executed, out-game-planned, and out-coached ring as hollow as the most Pagano-esque platitudes.”
    Yeah, that's the thing I'm most out-of-patience with, regarding Reich.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My picks on the Colts games have all been wrong so far. I picked them to beat Houston, Jacksonville and Tennessee and had them losing to KC, so maybe I should pick them to lose tonight.

I had all the same. I do have them losing tonight.

It has been a crazy year for picks, four first year coaches won their first game as a head coach against usually great teams like Pats and Packers. I missed all four of those. Then as you note, I have missed all four Colts picks with them losing winnable games and winning against teams they should struggle with.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I had all the same. I do have them losing tonight.

It has been a crazy year for picks, four first year coaches won their first game as a head coach against usually great teams like Pats and Packers. I missed all four of those. Then as you note, I have missed all four Colts picks with them losing winnable games and winning against teams they should struggle with.

Don't feel bad. It's not our fault. We made good picks, but the Colts are just a mess right now. LOL. I have them losing tonight also, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they win.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    This is my best pick for the pool I am in and doubles as an I can’t lose tonight, happy if Colts win, happy if pick is right...

I have a similar situation in a fantasy FB league. I have Wilson and Sutton and my opponent has Pittman and the Colts D. I would rather see the Colts win, but if they lose at least my fantasy team might win.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't feel bad. It's not our fault. We made good picks, but the Colts are just a mess right now. LOL. I have them losing tonight also, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they win.
    I think it might be my fault. I don't think I've found the right combination of Colts shirts/sweatshirts and game time snacks yet. I know that wings caused some problems last season. I tried lemon pepper baked tilapia and fried corn with diced jalapeno last Sunday. I'm at a loss. ;)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    With Johnathon Taylor out tonight, it may actually be a blessing for the Colts.

Reich loves to use the run to open up the pass. I’ve thought for a while that it should be the opposite. Use the pass to loosen up the box a little. Get those linebackers on their heels.

Well tonight, no Taylor, he’s going to have to rely on something other than the run game to get the offense rolling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom