Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sheesh... Wentz actually had TWO sprained ankles. Apparently he sprained the left one earlier in the game and was just playing through it. Going to be a day-to-day thing this week as to whether he'll be playing against Tennessee.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Pro Football Talk power rankings have the Colts at 27 , Texans at 28 and Jags at 32. Titans come in at 17. No team in the top half. CM Raiders at 8...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sheesh... Wentz actually had TWO sprained ankles. Apparently he sprained the left one earlier in the game and was just playing through it. Going to be a day-to-day thing this week as to whether he'll be playing against Tennessee.

I heard a talking head say the Wentz is so often injured because he so often puts himself in a place to be injured...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No matter how you slice it, unfortunately for fans, the Colts are awful in an awful division. The Titans game is a must win as the only avenue to playoffs is to win the division and they are a common opponent game back on that already...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    No matter how you slice it, unfortunately for fans, the Colts are awful in an awful division. The Titans game is a must win as the only avenue to playoffs is to win the division and they are a common opponent game back on that already...

I wouldn’t go so far as to say a must win. We’re only 3 games into a 17 game season. It does definitely make the playoff window shrink significantly if we lose.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Also, are we awful?

We’ve had a top 5 o-line for the past few seasons. I think they’ll get it together.

Our top cornerback is injured.
    Our #2 receiver is injured.
    Both starting tackles are injured or coming back from injuries.

Despite all of, we went shot for shot with one of the best teams in the league last week. If not for one goal line fail and/or Wentz getting rolled up by Aaron Donald, we probably win that game.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wouldn’t go so far as to say a must win. We’re only 3 games into a 17 game season. It does definitely make the playoff window shrink significantly if we lose.

The reason I classify it as such is that, and I know you this, it forces TN to win two games to negate a loss. The Colts cannot win enough games to negate head to head losses to TN.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Also, are we awful?

We’ve had a top 5 o-line for the past few seasons. I think they’ll get it together.

Our top cornerback is injured.
    Our #2 receiver is injured.
    Both starting tackles are injured or coming back from injuries.

Despite all of, we went shot for shot with one of the best teams in the league last week. If not for one goal line fail and/or Wentz getting rolled up by Aaron Donald, we probably win that game.

I gave you a game by game season prediction. Show me your work?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The reason I classify it as such is that, and I know you this, it forces TN to win two games to negate a loss. The Colts cannot win enough games to negate head to head losses to TN.

I know what you’re saying. All I’m saying is, it’s a little early to say the Colts unequivocally cannot win enough games to make up for it. Like you said, Tennessee isn’t that inspiring of a team outside of Derrick Henry.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know what you’re saying. All I’m saying is, it’s a little early to say the Colts unequivocally cannot win enough games to make up for it. Like you said, Tennessee isn’t that inspiring of a team outside of Derrick Henry.

So goes Henry so goes TN. There is a common phenomenon in the NFL, there are 32 very smart coaching staffs and given time they will solve the problem, I am hoping they are solving three problems this season and I believe they are making progress, Mahomes, Jackson, and Henry.

Mahomes and Jackson are the best throwing and running QB's in the league and it has taken a minute for the collective defensive brain trust to figure out how to control them but it can now be done with the proper schemes and personnel. (Not implying they will still not get their stats, just opponents can compete to win.)

Henry is a human wrecking ball, so scheme is critical and we have seen it can be done. I also wonder how much longer his body will hold up since he doesn't have Aikman and Irving like team to take the pressure off him.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I did that because several scoffed at my thoughts as to where the Colts really were as a team.

I will give you credi, your hope springs eternal. LOL

That’s the thing, it’s not just hope. Last week the Colts (who are riddled with injuries) played at the same level as the Rams (a top-5 team in the NFL who are not riddled with injuries). That’s encouraging. Get everybody back healthy and couple more weeks for the offense to gel and this team could go on a serious run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom