• Status
    Not open for further replies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Edge rush is addressed now. Still need an inside presence on the D-line.
    Lots of excellent wide receivers in this draft. WR was reportedly the major problem with Jacoby Brissette. I don't agree but I'm not getting 7 figures to yak football and make decisions.
    The QB position is also very deep coming out of college.
    Geez and Rice... NO RIVERS. Cry me a Rivers will be Duke Tomato's new song. Lord help our Colts.
    Foles, Brady, Trubiski, Andy Dalton, maybe even Winston from TB. Plenty of has beens and MediCare aged QBs.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Edge rush is addressed now. Still need an inside presence on the D-line.
    Lots of excellent wide receivers in this draft. WR was reportedly the major problem with Jacoby Brissette. I don't agree but I'm not getting 7 figures to yak football and make decisions.
    The QB position is also very deep coming out of college.
    Geez and Rice... NO RIVERS. Cry me a Rivers will be Duke Tomato's new song. Lord help our Colts.
    Foles, Brady, Trubiski, Andy Dalton, maybe even Winston from TB. Plenty of has beens and MediCare aged QBs.

Buckner is an inside guy not an edge guy. I think they’re expecting Houston to keep producing on the outside.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    nv9sZIE.png

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    That was our former starting QB's performance in the back half of the season. Rivers should be an upgrade if he has anything left in the tank.

Yeah that’s kinda my thoughts as well. It’s not a long term commitment. It’s an upgrade over Jacoby. If he balls out, awesome. If not, dump him after next year. No harm no foul. Lot of people still thinking they’re gonna cut Jacoby to save the cap hit and draft a rookie/project qb as backup.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Rivers hasn't had decent blocking for the last decade. Let's see what he can do with some protection.
    Not now nor ever been a River's fan. For goodness sakes the guys wears a bolo.
    I doubt Brissette is going anywhere. He's a 12M hit no matter what happens. IIRC.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Should be interesting. Rivers is crazy good and has something to prove. Now I wonder who ole Bill has in mind to replace Tampa Bay Tom? One inside track has it Jimmy G. One has it Mariota. A crazier one has Dak. Either way, This is a good shuffle for the NFL assuming a season can go on. Good luck with Rivers. Best ,underrated guy playing. Send Brissette back here.....he was great in spots and looked good here and for awhile in Indy.

Cheers!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah that’s kinda my thoughts as well. It’s not a long term commitment. It’s an upgrade over Jacoby. If he balls out, awesome. If not, dump him after next year. No harm no foul. Lot of people still thinking they’re gonna cut Jacoby to save the cap hit and draft a rookie/project qb as backup.

From my amateur perspective that is a wise decision. Not bashing Jacoby, but he just seems quick out of the gate but not much stamina. Started out the season well enough but petered out pretty quickly. Also seemed to be a bit of a one trick pony and it had to be with the right receiver. Too many better well rounded QBs out there for him to be the starter

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My first thought is that with the "no gatherings over 10 people" thing, Rivers is going to have to "Hunger Games" his kids to see who gets to stay in the house.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think Rivers will do ok, he’s not going to get us a Super Bowl, but he will give us a winning record overall. This may buy us some time to get a good draft pick and let them sit behind a experienced QB to gain some knowledge like we should have done with Luck/Manning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom