• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So will Vivek Ramaswamy demand that the entire debate team remove themselves from the ballot in all those states? It's symbolism without substance, as Rush Limbaugh put it back in the day. Virtue signaling is how we say it today. It just shows me that Ramaswamy is more interested in keeping himself in the news than being a serious candidate for POTUS.

I think the GOP in CO has a better strategy. It's not self-serving. It's not symbolism without substance. Not virtue signaling. But it would be effective because Trump gets to compete in whatever states try to remove him. Make the primary a caucus.

That's what the GOP should do in every state that hates democracy. It nullifies the effects of removing him from the ballot in the race for GOP nomination. Making it a caucus sends a better "**** you" message than Vivek's virtue signaling, where he gets to make the solution all about him.

The CO usurpers of power they don't have, know damn well with their mail-in voting system, there's no way any Republican is gonna win CO anyway. This is about the primaries.It's the same with the other states, because all of them with the exception of MI and AZ, are solid blue. And probably MI will go for some D anyway.
    I think a better solution (not that it would ever happen with our current congress) would be to have the states doing this forfeit their electors in the general election. Don't want to play by the rules? You don't get to play at all.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't disagree with you but as I do with the covid ********, I prefer to maintain a 30,000' view on as much as I can and not get drug down into the weeds where perspective gets skewed.

It was clear to me extremely early on that Covid was not being reported nor handled appropriately and there was a clear effort to create as much hysteria as possible. It was just as clear to me early on that Trump was a threat to the establishment, not because he's a foul mouthed blowhard who can't allow even the slightest ding in his ego but because he wasn't going to be easily manipulated by money. He wasn't impressed nor threatened by the big money actually running the country so they've pulled out all the stops.

Honestly I cannot understand how anyone can consider what all has been attempted to de-platform this man over the past decade and maintain even the slightest level of respect for the establishment in this country. Our government and country are as corrupt as any that has ever existed on this planet. Money and power are all that matters, we're allowed what freedoms are convenient now. Apparently being able to vote for someone who has already held the office is a bridge too far when it comes to our "freedoms" so they're going to fix that now. I'll be glad when it's over so we can go back to living under the illusion of freedom.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think a better solution (not that it would ever happen with our current congress) would be to have the states doing this forfeit their electors in the general election. Don't want to play by the rules? You don't get to play at all.
    If that were possible. It's not. The other side gets a say. The other side does not get a say how parties pick their candidates. A caucus is usually a private event. They can get to pick whose delegates they send to the RNC. I don't even think that the prohibition of write-in candidates can apply to a caucus.

If I'm correct about that, it's a great **** you to the 4 partisan ********ers. All the state SC can do is make more rulings that make it more obvious this is purely partisan.

But anyway, this is gonna be decided by a fickle SCOTUS. I dunno. Maybe the Catholics will be so happy they got appointed to overturn RvW. Ultimately they'll either throw Trump a bone or a boning.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A more pertinent question in my mind, given what a cesspool academia has become, is where do we get the next generation of ballsy conservative constitutionalist judges from which to draw an adequate replacement for Thomas. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have proved less than impressive and there is some indication Barrett may be a disappointment also. Anyone educated Ivy League in the last 20 years is suspect, and it only takes one closet progressive to do us enormous harm

Elite schools are not going to turn out the next Judge Roy Bean, and men like that are pretty much who we need
    We put Trumpe in office. He can do it. He did well with it during his first term. Although tou have seeds of disagreement with that conclusion

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The fact that this hinges on the events of Jan 6th is hilarious. I'm waiting for "JAN 6th" the musical to be released on Broadway. They've had the manuscript ready since October 2019 and it went off almost as planned in real life. I'm sure it would sell out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right now, only one side has a say. And it's not the side of the GOP.
    Well yeah, but what you proposed is on the GOP side. So even if they tried, the other side. The D side. Probably isn't gonna let that happen because they have a decision in it. The private caucus I think makes it purely a GOP call.

But, if the GOP wins all 3 branches (long shot but possible) it should do all it can to utterly destroy the big D machine. But there probably aren't enough R's with balls to do it. They don't mind always being the Washington Generals because it's a cushy job and the get paid.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's an untested hypothesis. The fact is they created the hysteria about Trump with one goal in mind and their first attempt failed. He won the election and we all witnessed the politicians, media and big corporations lose their ****ing minds. They followed that up by stealing the next election to prevent him from doing further damage to their criminal activities.

Now they're regularly violating the constitution, charging him in ******** criminal cases with zero evidence while the sitting president is a pedophile who takes bribes from anyone his crack head, whore addicted son brings him and they both escape prosecution from crimes we have irrefutable evidence of.

We have more enemies of the state working from within the state than we have outside of it.
    It is funny, we can see how far to the unconstitutional they will go to defeat Trump, but it is impossible they went that far to steal the election…

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    If there is a requirement to have an R or a D beside the name to appear on the ballot that needs to be remedied. Being forced to choose between eating a pile of crap or a bucket of rotting garbage isn't much of a choice.

If it's a matter of citizens being incapable of voting for something other than more of the same, well then I guess we get what we deserve.
    This ^^^
    When I travel around I always come to the conclusion that as a group we have what we deserve. No one thinks this applies to themselves but yeah.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Considering all of what we see today, I wonder how high the crazy will go as we move farther along. As the possibility of his winning a second term looms larger at what point will the loons simply start shooting at him? How many will be expecting some sort of social media heavenly reward for this action? Liberal canonization like saint george maybe?

Top Bottom