churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As usual, Rush is Right.

I do have to agree. I just slipped and went looking for the Monday night pre-game on ESPN. When I pulled it up on the guide I stopped. Thought about it. Then left the area. This is my discretionary time to spend as I choose. I will not choose to watch a bunch of highly overpaid athletes that like Hollywierd actors have elevated themselves to a platform of relevance.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I do have to agree. I just slipped and went looking for the Monday night pre-game on ESPN. When I pulled it up on the guide I stopped. Thought about it. Then left the area. This is my discretionary time to spend as I choose. I will not choose to watch a bunch of highly overpaid athletes that like Hollywierd actors have elevated themselves to a platform of relevance.

Amen to that. Im watching Hockey, where all players stand for the national anthem, even if they're not from thia country!

Zombieman34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wells, Co
    What really burns me up about this is that Kaper whats his name started this a year ago and seems to have been blackballed by the owners(or he really does suck), now fast forward to Trump calling them out on their stupidity and Kaperpuck is the gosh darn hero that started it all.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny, how kneeling is disrespectful to the nation and the flag, but maintaining monuments and flying flags, of traitors, to that same nation is not.
    #bizzarolandlogic

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny, how kneeling is disrespectful to the nation and the flag, but maintaining monuments and flying flags, of traitors, to that same nation is not.
    #bizzarolandlogic

I am not so up to speed on the issues surrounding the monuments.
    I am up to speed on these butt heads ruining my football experience. JMHO of course but just how I feel about all of this.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    #bizzarolandlogic

Funny how kneeling to the flag in protest is social activism to be replicated from peewee leagues to the pros. Kneeling as part of your faith as Tim Tebow did is offensive and ridiculed by the media.

If these athletes really wanted to make a difference in our society, they would step away from the cameras and work within their communities to generate real dialog with law enforcement. All I see is a multimillionaire celebrity basking in the spotlight, lavishing in the sounds of camera shutters. Yet they return to their palatial estates, retreat into solitude and offer nothing actionable.

Imagine if ALL of those players kneeling were involved in their communities, were to use their celebrity status to open doors, serve as change agents ...

Mike

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I am not so up to speed on the issues surrounding the monuments.
    I am up to speed on these butt heads ruining my football experience. JMHO of course but just how I feel about all of this.

These monuments were NOT an issue while Obama was in office. As a black President and with an 8 year tenure, if this was an issue, it should have been addressed as part of the cleansing of American history. Now that Trump is in office, these are being used to vilify President Trump as if he personally installed them. The left is simply using this among many topics to be disruptive for the sake of disruption.

Mike

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So this protest isn't about trump bashing but after trump weighs in more people do it in spite? That's some bizarroland logic there
    Pissed me off when Obama took sides on social issues. Seems consistent not to accept it when Trump does it. Flip the coin, flip the argument.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny how kneeling to the flag in protest is social activism to be replicated from peewee leagues to the pros. Kneeling as part of your faith as Tim Tebow did is offensive and ridiculed by the media.

If these athletes really wanted to make a difference in our society, they would step away from the cameras and work within their communities to generate real dialog with law enforcement. All I see is a multimillionaire celebrity basking in the spotlight, lavishing in the sounds of camera shutters. Yet they return to their palatial estates, retreat into solitude and offer nothing actionable.

Imagine if ALL of those players kneeling were involved in their communities, were to use their celebrity status to open doors, serve as change agents ...

Mike

It's funny you should say that (and not even I knew this), but apparently a number of the players have been doing exactly that, even taking ride-a-longs with officers to get their perspective.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Mike

But that would actually do something and might require work.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    #bizzarolandlogic

The monuments and flags are part of our history not even close to the same as this bs protest that began on the pretense of supporting the BLM!
    Maybe you dont believe All Lives Matter!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cowboys must have dialed it in precisely. They all knelt before the anthem then stood when it started. Pissed off both sides. Which means the probably got it right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom