• ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Doesn't matter.

You could have 100 percent guaranteed statements from the very people that were "climate change" yesterday, and people would STILL cry about climate change.
    Yep. They will deny the facts that don’t support their current ”cause”. Idiots. I can’t believe most of them don’t drown in the shower every morning or somehow hang themselves when they tie their shoes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

1.– GLOBAL WARMING TO WIPE NATIONS "OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH" IF CLIMATE CHANGE NOT ADDRESSED BY YEAR 2000

In 1989, the Associated Press relayed a warning from a U.N. official:

2.– MASS STARVATION BY 1975

In 1967, a best-selling book came out called “Famine 1975! America’s Decision: Who Will Survive?

3.– GLOBAL FREEZING AS DANGEROUS AS NUCLEAR WAR

Global cooling was once a worry to many, such as University of California at Davis professor Kenneth Watt, who warned that present trends would make the world “eleven degrees colder in the year 2000

4.– MASSIVE WARMING BY THE YEAR 2000

The same U.N. official who predicted the loss of entire nations by the year 2000 also claimed: "the most conservative scientific estimate [is] that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years.”

But looking back from 2019, the temperature rose about half of a degree Celsius since 1989, according to NASA.

6.– AL GORE SAYS 10 YEARS ARE LEFT IN 2006

In 2006, while promoting his movie “An Inconvenient Truth”, Al Gore said that humanity had only 10 years left before the world would reach a point of no return.

7.– ENVIRONMENTAL CATASTROPHE WILL CAUSE “NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST” BY THE YEAR 2000

In 1982, U.N. official Mostafa Tolba, executive director of the UN Environment Program, warned:

“By the turn of the century, an environmental catastrophe will witness devastation as complete, as irreversible, as any nuclear holocaust.”

8.– MASS EXTINCTION BY 1995

In 1970, Sen. Gaylord Nelson, D-Wisc., – often considered the “father of Earth Day” – cited the secretary of the Smithsonian, who “believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.”

And it goes on.
    And yes, I don't see a number 5

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

1.– GLOBAL WARMING TO WIPE NATIONS "OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH" IF CLIMATE CHANGE NOT ADDRESSED BY YEAR 2000

In 1989, the Associated Press relayed a warning from a U.N. official:

2.– MASS STARVATION BY 1975

In 1967, a best-selling book came out called “Famine 1975! America’s Decision: Who Will Survive?

3.– GLOBAL FREEZING AS DANGEROUS AS NUCLEAR WAR

Global cooling was once a worry to many, such as University of California at Davis professor Kenneth Watt, who warned that present trends would make the world “eleven degrees colder in the year 2000

4.– MASSIVE WARMING BY THE YEAR 2000

The same U.N. official who predicted the loss of entire nations by the year 2000 also claimed: "the most conservative scientific estimate [is] that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years.”

But looking back from 2019, the temperature rose about half of a degree Celsius since 1989, according to NASA.

6.– AL GORE SAYS 10 YEARS ARE LEFT IN 2006

In 2006, while promoting his movie “An Inconvenient Truth”, Al Gore said that humanity had only 10 years left before the world would reach a point of no return.

7.– ENVIRONMENTAL CATASTROPHE WILL CAUSE “NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST” BY THE YEAR 2000

In 1982, U.N. official Mostafa Tolba, executive director of the UN Environment Program, warned:

“By the turn of the century, an environmental catastrophe will witness devastation as complete, as irreversible, as any nuclear holocaust.”

8.– MASS EXTINCTION BY 1995

In 1970, Sen. Gaylord Nelson, D-Wisc., – often considered the “father of Earth Day” – cited the secretary of the Smithsonian, who “believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.”

And it goes on.
    And yes, I don't see a number 5
    I remember all of these lies.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Article about the EPA and their push for more micro-management regulations.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have been called 'inconsiderate' and 'not a team player' before.

Maybe, maybe they were right?
    No, but it is certainly why they are ramping up generational warfare. Notice the last couple years even the media has been blaming past generations for every problem. Not in the way that has always been done, but in a very concentrated way. Toss in DEI, environmentalism, "democracy", and a good **** shovelling of Trans story hour. The nuclear family is 100% under attack. See if they have no family no one can call bs when they are taught new beliefs.

Plus most older people remember the new ice age, we would all be dead already. Acid rain will kill everything. The hole in the ozone was going to kill us all. ect. We do not buy their crap anymore

Last edited:

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    Until we have someone who is supposed to represent we the people tell these morons that the climate changes….period, then it will never stop. There is nothing we can do about it. We CAN, however, clean up the garbage to make a difference. Recycling should be free and available to everyone. Alternative biofuels should be pushed…not batteries. This helps the environment and the farmers. How about we make China clean up the floating Island of plastic they created in the ocean? I will walk arm in arm with a liberal to do those things, but the climate change stuff is just stupid.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Until we have someone who is supposed to represent we the people tell these morons that the climate changes….period, then it will never stop. There is nothing we can do about it.
    We can recruit candidates that believe as we do, we can work and fund those candidates to get them elected. There is something we can do.

We CAN, however, clean up the garbage to make a difference. Recycling should be free and available to everyone.
    Recycling post consumer waste is a massive failure. Less than 50% of what consumers put in the recycling bin gets recycled. Then there is the costs of gathering the recycling, trucks, workers, it actually creates pollution to recycle. Why do you think they charge you to recycle? Because the value of the recovered material is so low it will not pay for itself.

Alternative biofuels should be pushed…not batteries. This helps the environment and the farmers.
    One of the more idiotic plans man has ever come up with, let’s stop using our prime farmland for food and to power our cars.

How about we make China clean up the floating Island of plastic they created in the ocean?
    Agreed.
    I will walk arm in arm with a liberal to do those things, but the climate change stuff is just stupid.
    Most of your post is just leftist trope…

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Steel and aluminum are good recycling candidates.
    And glass. The machines used to sort different colors of glass are impressive modern marvels.

I'm still not sure how steel is recycled. The feedstock for recycling steel contains dozens or hundreds of different alloys, how is it re-alloyed with any confidence in the end product if one is "contaminated" by other alloys? You can't just (viably) distill metal back into it's pure elemental state, can you?

Supposedly, motor oil contaminated with brake fluid is un-recyclable, not sure why it can't just be re-refined by distillation. There is much conflicting info about that subject:

This says no:
    Once you mix contaminated brake fluid and motor oil, it cannot be used or recycled.

This says yes:
    Brake fluid can be recycled with oil, but it is not recommended. The reason for this is because brake fluid is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs water from the atmosphere. This can cause corrosion and other problems in the brake system.

The answer is yes, brake fluid can be recycled with oil. The process is simple and only requires a few steps. First, the brake fluid is collected and then it is filtered to remove any impurities.

Next, the brake fluid is mixed with oil and then it is heated to evaporate the water content. Finally, the mixture is cooled and bottled for use again.

Most plastic is used for food packaging and medical use making it nearly impossible to recycle due to bio contamination and the myriad of compositions used. I believe the best use for those plastics would be to use as fuel in the recycling process of other materials.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Steel and aluminum are good recycling candidates.
    Commercial recycling is big money. Once upon a time GM had literally mountains of bad castings rusting away. That type of recycling has been made to pay for itself. The act of recycling it creates more usable resources than it consumes recycling it and is actually profitable.

NO post consumer recycling program was ever profitable and created more usable resources than it consumed…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Most plastic is used for food packaging and medical use making it nearly impossible to recycle due to bio contamination and the myriad of compositions used. I believe the best use for those plastics would be to use as fuel in the recycling process of other materials.
    In addition recycled plastic becomes increasingly brittle with each recycling process, the mixing the previously recycled material contaminates the previously virgin material. Just too many variables to control outside a lab in the real world…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm still not sure how steel is recycled. The feedstock for recycling steel contains dozens or hundreds of different alloys, how is it re-alloyed with any confidence in the end product if one is "contaminated" by other alloys? You can't just (viably) distill metal back into it's pure elemental state, can you?

Various steels are basically various amounts of the same ingredients, and there's some exceptions.

So, sample what you have.
    Separate into various piles.
    Then, grab from each pile a certain amount.
    Heat
    Mix
    Sample
    Compare sample to what you need.
    Top off with either more recycled, or add various new stock to finish the recipe.
    And yes, it's called a recipe.

Only, we were doing it tons and tons at a time.

Another good thing, when recycled steel price started to skyrocket due to China... we just used more "new' materials.. at our mill.
    The mini furnaces were stuck using recycle only, that's what they're designed for.
    But my mill varies the new/recycle based on the cost of digging up the new vs. using recycle.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Commercial recycling is big money. Once upon a time GM had literally mountains of bad castings rusting away. That type of recycling has been made to pay for itself. The act of recycling it creates more usable resources than it consumes recycling it and is actually profitable.

NO post consumer recycling program was ever profitable and created more usable resources than it consumed…
    Couple miles down the road from me, right near Griffith airport is a recycle place.
    I can bring in my tv antenna, or other metal stuff, and they pay me for it.
    I make a profit.
    They make a profit.
    They are still in business.

So, how is that consumer steel not making a profit?

I also remember recycling cambell's soup cans at work.
    The kind you have in a cabinet at home.
    So...

Top Bottom