• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thank you brother...I have been trying to get you to respond to one of my posts in a while.....I have to admit that was a bit of Paulf bait...I was hoping you would respond and you did in a manner proving once again that you are one of the good ones...The whole science part was me playing the other side...I actually paraphrased quotes from well known Atheists and switched them around from the side of a believer...

I had gotten worried I had somehow offended you at some point and just wanted to make sure I had not....Thank you for responding and alleviating any worries I had that I may have said something offensive...And for proving my point that you, along with Jamil and Jludo are guys that I can have these discussions with while not offending......

I do believe that the "software" that seems to be programmed in to all life (as well as the genetic code) does point towards intelligence in the design of life....

Thanks for playing along and dare I say...Merry Christmas to you and yours....

No worries.

I have had a lot on my mind lately, and a lot on my plate. I feel bad that I haven't done a better job of touching base. It definitely wasn't you, or anything you have posted here on INGO. Once you befriend me you have to work pretty hard to get rid of me again...

I worry, too, about offending others with my posts. It's one of the bigger reasons I stepped away from being a moderator. It seemed like I was pissing a lot of people off, and I was never sure if it was because of my more controversial opinions (or the way I present them), or because of the online persona I had to assume to perform my duties.

Thank you for the kind Christmas greeting. I hope Christmas brings everyone in your family joy.

I have, in the past, made jokes on the order of "Paul's here...quick, get the Christ out of Christmas!", but I am not anti-Christmas in any (serious) way. I love this time of year, and that has a great deal to do with how the Christians around me celebrate their (appropriated pagan) holiday. (I had to... ;) )
    Also, my birthday is the following day. You know...Jesus first, then me. He gets the grandest Federal Holiday of the year, I get 50% off select household goods (conditions apply, supplies are limited). Seems about right, actually...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The proper Doctrine of the Gospel IS the entire iceberg. Everything after that is periphery...

Doctrine is merely the tip, a guide and a warning if you will, but a timely and proper response to the Truth of that doctrine has the power to absolutely wreck the Titanic and not be budged in the process.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We always start with the Greek. The text used in Church by the priest should be Greek (Byzantine Majority Text) alongside the English that is read so if we want to argue about something amongst ourselves the original language is available.

Was just a friendly jab at indy.
    My question was serious I know very little of Orthodox.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No worries.

I have had a lot on my mind lately, and a lot on my plate. I feel bad that I haven't done a better job of touching base. It definitely wasn't you, or anything you have posted here on INGO. Once you befriend me you have to work pretty hard to get rid of me again...

I worry, too, about offending others with my posts. It's one of the bigger reasons I stepped away from being a moderator. It seemed like I was pissing a lot of people off, and I was never sure if it was because of my more controversial opinions (or the way I present them), or because of the online persona I had to assume to perform my duties.

Thank you for the kind Christmas greeting. I hope Christmas brings everyone in your family joy.

I have, in the past, made jokes on the order of "Paul's here...quick, get the Christ out of Christmas!", but I am not anti-Christmas in any (serious) way. I love this time of year, and that has a great deal to do with how the Christians around me celebrate their (appropriated pagan) holiday. (I had to... ;) )
    Also, my birthday is the following day. You know...Jesus first, then me. He gets the grandest Federal Holiday of the year, I get 50% off select household goods (conditions apply, supplies are limited). Seems about right, actually...

I had a cousin that was born a couple days before Christmas. I still remember the time we were kids and bringing up the fact that it was so cool his birthday and Christmas were so close together. You'd have to know ol' Jeff but when he said "it's a rip-off! Everybody hands you their present and tells you 'it's for both your birthday AND Christmas'". It's definitely one of those you'd-have-to-be-there things but we laughed.......(but he didn't). :laugh:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My question was serious I know very little of Orthodox.

Oh. Well, we don't use the Vulgate in Church. I do own various Vulgate Bibles. Some interline are with Greek and English

For the first roughly 1000 years their was one Church. Then a schism occured largely along East (Greek / Orthodox) West (Latin / Roman Catholic ) lines. As you probably know, the Reformation/Protestants were a reaction against the Roman Catholic Church. Orthodoxy just continues to follow the earliest Christians.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Don't forget the ana-baptists and the hugonauts and many who were not affiliated witht e universal church and therefore killed.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Thank you!!!! That guy is preaching heresy.

What is heretical about Olsteen?

I listened to a few of his 'sermons' and was surprised at how little he bible talks people. Most of what he says seems to be anecdotes from his experiences (or made up), and he marginally relates them back to the Bible.

He seems to be financially successful though, which is the point of it all.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

I listened to a few of his 'sermons' and was surprised at how little he bible talks people. Most of what he says seems to be anecdotes from his experiences (or made up), and he marginally relates them back to the Bible.

“It doesn’t matter who likes you or who doesn’t like you, all that matters is God likes you. He accepts you, he approves of you.”

That my friend is a damnable heresy.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Even though we didn't come out of the reformation?

I am not sure which group you are identifying with.

Anabaptists and Huguenots are typically Seen as 16th century groups.

There are some such as Landmark or Trail of Blood groups that attempt to prove an earlier origin

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I am not sure which group you are identifying with.

Anabaptists and Huguenots are typically Seen as 16th century groups.

There are some such as Landmark or Trail of Blood groups that attempt to prove an earlier origin

I don't remember of the top of my head what their names were. I'd have to go back to my study notes and see. I have often wondered how the Catholic Church today addresses the Inquisition and that era.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't remember of the top of my head what their names were. I'd have to go back to my study notes and see. I have often wondered how the Catholic Church today addresses the Inquisition and that era.

The Inquisition was after the separation of the Orthodox and the Roman Catholics, so I'll leave that for one of the Latins to answer.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Always a classic

[video=youtube;76ohvqwsNkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ohvqwsNkk[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom