• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Who has the best Chili Dogs in the Indianapolis area? Southside preferably, but will travel for a good dog. Only criteria is that it has to be an All Beef dog.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Waiting for somebody to claim Skyline Chili dogs are anything other than ****.
    I like skyline chili dogs! Lol

That hot sauce. Delicious.

Kings island used to have a skyline chili in the park. Horrible idea. I filled up on beer and chili dogs then road roller coasters... didn’t throw up but it sure made me question my choice of lunch for a few hours.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Chili Dog sidebar. I probably have mentioned this on here before. In the late 1980s there was a diner in Crawfordsville called Zach's Family restaurant. They had a chili dog special once a week that corresponded with my fraternity's chapter meeting. The owner's son was a member of the fraternity. He would go to the restaurant at closing and bring the leftover foil wrapped chili dogs back to the house. Usually a couple of grocery bags worth. It was a race to the kitchen after the meeting to grab free grub.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I've never been. I looked over their menu online and didn't really see anything that interested me. Plus I've heard that their restaurant is really noisy and loud.
    If ya like polish sausage, Portillo's Maxwell St. is decent with sauteed onions and cheese sauce.
    As far as their other dogs, IMHO, they'll make a turd and that's about it.
    It is noisy, they have a drive through and outside dining .......brrrrrr!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Well their chili is ****, so it stands to reason their chili dogs would be too. Well, maybe **** isn't the right word. It's thin and watery, so maybe diarrhea would be a better term for it.
    Their chili has cinnamon is it....who the %$^& puts cinnamon in chili?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone like Portillo's?
    I've only had one.
    Until they opened one in The Fort. Portillo's and Lou Mal's were the only two things that I missed after putting the People's Republic of Ill in my rear view mirror for good in 2012. But youse gotta get the Eye-talian cahmbo (beef/sausage).

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    If you ever find yourself in the Toledo area, check out Tony Packo's. It's not a true chili dog but a smoked Hungarian sausage with chili sauce. I add onions and mustard. Worth trying at least once in your lifetime. They sell their products in groceries too and you may be able to find them at Krogers.

Top Bottom