• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Is anyone in the market for chick's. Looks like we're going to be mail ordering some pullets, and the min. order is 15. We're only in the market for 3-5, so we'll have extra to sell at cost.

We'll probably get the Buff Orpington breed.

BackYardChickens.com - Raise Chickens, Build Chicken Coops, Hatch Eggs

2047119627_a11045a5f9.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Is anyone in the market for chick's. Looks like we're going to be mail ordering some pullets, and the min. order is 15. We're only in the market for 3-5, so we'll have extra to sell at cost.

We'll probably get the Buff Orpington breed.

BackYardChickens.com - Raise Chickens, Build Chicken Coops, Hatch Eggs

2047119627_a11045a5f9.jpg
    Do you live near a Rural King? They have a great variety of chicks and if you're lucky they may still have some (or they may have a lot and they'll be on sale). I think they had some Buff Orphs at the one in Decatur (I know that a long way, but it may mean one near you has them too).

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    rural king in new castle was out as of last week also. You might want to check craigslist for a few I saw some on there last night for $2 each. Also you might want to try the sale barn in knightstown this Saturday morning there are usually birds there for sale.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    If I had any idea skill with building a coupe; I'd buy a few off of you. I think I'll wait until I can hire someone do get this done for me.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If I had any idea skill with building a coupe; I'd buy a few off of you. I think I'll wait until I can hire someone do get this done for me.

I'll build you one for materials plus $10hrs labor, will be less than $300 and you can pick it up in a couple pick-ups or a flatbed, or trailor, no problems!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'll take you up on that offer redneckmedic.

Chicks don't need a coop for several weeks from everything I've read. I could probably host the chicks here for an additional amount to cover the food. Have to ask the wife about that though.

This is all new to us too. But the wife wants chickens for fresh eggs. I just want to keep my rifle range (.22's for now) out back, so it's a nice compromise.

Orscheln - yeah that's it... the one in GF didn't say they were getting any more in.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I thought it was a funny way to spell it and made a somewhat decent joke. Okay? When will you learn to get past your pet peeves? Are all guys from Carmel douchebags with no sense of humor?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I thought it was a funny way to spell it and made a somewhat decent joke. Okay? When will you learn to get past your pet peeves? Are all guys from Carmel douchebags with no sense of humor?

Well, there you go... I thought I was making a modem joke too... Well, the joke's on me, sorry man, no offense intended :yesway:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Actually he didn't spell anything wrong. No spelling errors there. That's what you'd call a good ol' fashioned grammatical error ;)

Anyway, I wanted to have some fun this afternoon and was hoping other people needed some too. I didn't think he'd be offended- not like I jumped him for being stupid. I tried to be "cute" about it.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Actually he didn't spell anything wrong. No spelling errors there. That's what you'd call a good ol' fashioned grammatical error ;)

Anyway, I wanted to have some fun this afternoon and was hoping other people needed some too. I didn't think he'd be offended- not like I jumped him for being stupid. I tried to be "cute" about it.

Me too... sorry :)

You sure did jump me good though. I suppose I (and everyone in Carmel) had it coming. :popcorn:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO

I thought it was funny too, and knew it was just a mistake. I even had it copied to quote and ask if it was going to be a convertible, with the appropriate notes that I wasn't trying to be mean, it was just funny.

Uh, new Carmel or old Carmel?

Top Bottom