Chemical allows Gov and LEO to deactivate ammunition.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It is disgusting that the author of this article at WIT only refers to it's use by government and police forces: "But should the use, or threat of use, from standard firearms be deemed dangerous by Law Enforcement or Government Officials..."

How about they use that powder and we decide when their use of firearms is deemed dangerous?

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    This entire thing reeks of bull ****. I think we have things to be paranoid about. I don't believe 'secret gun control powder' is one of them. I would not be surprised if this article were fabricated with the sole intent to be shared by gun advocates like ourselves, only to be debunked and make us look like a bunch of tinfoil hatters.

If I'm found to be incorrect, I will gladly eat a hat of your choosing. Hopefully it's straw. Need some more fiber.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    This entire thing reeks of bull ****. I think we have things to be paranoid about. I don't believe 'secret gun control powder' is one of them. I would not be surprised if this article were fabricated with the sole intent to be shared by gun advocates like ourselves, only to be debunked and make us look like a bunch of tinfoil hatters.

If I'm found to be incorrect, I will gladly eat a hat of your choosing. Hopefully it's straw. Need some more fiber.

LMAO!!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I short-circuited a lecture of nonsense in Forensic Evidence with this question, so I will ask it here, "what about reloading?"

Ill answer that with a little bit of history. do you remember during Prohibition when government officials tainted products with wood alcohol so when it was used to make drinking alcohol it would be poisonous? I think the story is total BS but historically I can't site support that it isn't possible. edit to add: I just mention that because I saw a special on it last night that may be my most tinfoil hat post yet

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So basically this article will encourage people to hoard power and create a whole new black market for gun powder?

I call BS. If you understand anything about waves, be it audio or RF you know this won't work. A bullets powered chamber is RF and pretty much audio proof. The power levels to achive it would be unrealistic even if it were feasible. bs bs bs

:tinfoil:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    wow I hadn't actually read the article it really calls upon radio frequencies to deactivate the powder now I've got to read it that's good entertainment

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    First sentence of the article should read "Utilizing funding grants from Michael Bloomburg W.I.T. has developed what promises to be one of the most substantive, effective firearm control technologies ever hoaxed."

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I can only HOPE this is a Parody website..

In order to tour our facilities, visitors must meet the following criteria:

• Visitors must be willing to consume iodine tablets. This is for your own safety, especially if you’re visiting our “Halls of Plutonium” exhibit, which is prominently featured along the tour route

• All visitors will be subject to full-body cavity searches, before AND after the tour. Our strict security rules require all visitors to be fully stripped and searched inside and out for weapons, camera devices, cell phones, notepads, etc.

And so on..

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It was easy to call :bs: when reading the article far enough to get to "100% response rates".

"100% response rates", YET it enables a homeowner to 'disable an intruders' cartridges inert but leaves the homeowner's or LEO's cartridges usable?

How's that work when it disables ALL powder "within 102m's" or "2 miles" with a "100% response rate"? :lmfao:

Oh, so the homeowner and police wouldn't have the 'special powder' in their handguns, eh?
    Well, there goes 'disabling all guns in a school', then. Or, maybe bad guys don't live in homes? :rofl:

Don't need to know too much about physics on this fallacy.

Radio waves? :tinfoil: :laugh:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom