• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    A family member brought a friends junker over for me to check out. Its a Bryco by Jennings 9mm, the whole front of the slide from the front sight to the muzzle blew apart. Appears that the frame and barrel are fine.... its been scrapped out though.

Just thought that it was interesting.....

Bryco001.jpg

Bryco004.jpg

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    HAHA I blew one of those up too. Bought for cheap. Fired 2 shots one the 2nd shot it blew up in my hand. Only got a scratch on my hand but scared the hell out of me. I got a refund!...lol But yeah.... glad you didnt get hurt!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Hmmmm..My dad just picked up a used Jennings model 48 .380 auto that looks very similar to the 9mm. Sure hope something like that doesn't happen to him. He's running the new Hornady "Critacal Defense" ammunition and I think it's loaded pretty hot. Guess i had better show him this post.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Again, it wasn't mine!!!

I guess that he wasnt hurt, and it was only a $100 lesson to learn. All he knows is that it went bang, blew apart and he couldnt find any of the pieces....

He was very lucky/ fortunate and should probably say a prayer and buy a lottery ticket!!!

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    About 5-years ago I gave my dad a Jennings .380 after I traded a fish aquarium for it. He couldn't hit anything with it.

Over Christmas he asked me how to "get rid" of it and I actually apologized for giving it to him...

Top Bottom