• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    His policy, while ridiculed by some idiots, makes a lot of sense for someone trying to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Yep...sure they're prudish to more "enlightened" eyes, most old practices generally are so considered. But if you're a public figure, someone in a position of authority, or someone that simply values their marriage, they make good sense.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I never was a big fan of O'Reilly. I think that where there is smoke, there is fire concerning his behavior. He did bring in big Nielsen numbers though or Fox wouldn't have stuck with him for so long. I like listening to Krauthammer. I think he is one of the smartest, most rational and calm of the talking heads.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Won't eat out alone with a woman other than his wife and won't attend an event where alcohol is server without her.

Thank you both! Sounds downright sensible for someone under public scrutiny 24 hours a day. Derision received from the policy is nothing compared to avoiding opportunities for bad people to fabricate scandals.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thank you both! Sounds downright sensible for someone under public scrutiny 24 hours a day. Derision received from the policy is nothing compared to avoiding opportunities for bad people to fabricate scandals.
    Agreed. I don't buy into the whole "I can't control myself around women" angle of this. It our litigious society, it is just a sensible precaution.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Agreed. I don't buy into the whole "I can't control myself around women" angle of this. It our litigious society, it is just a sensible precaution.

I follow much of the same rules in my dealing with wimmens. Not cause "I can't control myself around women", cause they can't control themselves 'round me.:@ya:

:laugh:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Or adopt the Mike Pence practices.

About 15 years ago a very cute young lady I worked with over in Louisville had her car not start. She asked for a lift home from work as we both lived in Indiana and I told her I was sorry but I couldn't....She didn't understand and she even said "I know your wife and have met her...It's not like I am going to attack you or you attack me.." I said that is true but I would not want someone seeing her in my tuck and thinking wrong about myself or her....I explained it's all about appearances....I offered to pay for her cab ride home...She got a little miffed...Wouldn't talk to me for a couple of days...Then one day she came in and said, "You are right...I am sorry I asked and I hope one day I find a man that respects me as much as you respect your wife..."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    About 15 years ago a very cute young lady I worked with over in Louisville had her car not start. She asked for a lift home from work as we both lived in Indiana and I told her I was sorry but I couldn't....She didn't understand and she even said "I know your wife and have met her...It's not like I am going to attack you or you attack me.." I said that is true but I would not want someone seeing her in my tuck and thinking wrong about myself or her....I explained it's all about appearances....I offered to pay for her cab ride home...She got a little miffed...Wouldn't talk to me for a couple of days...Then one day she came in and said, "You are right...I am sorry I asked and I hope one day I find a man that respects me as much as you respect your wife..."

What a neat story. I'd heard of the Graham policy before but never knew it by name...ie when in a meeting room with a woman or child, always do it with the door open or in a room full of windows...and that was about the extent of my practice. I probably would have given her a ride home, as naive as I am sometimes. But what you did was the wise thing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What a neat story. I'd heard of the Graham policy before but never knew it by name...ie when in a meeting room with a woman or child, always do it with the door open or in a room full of windows...and that was about the extent of my practice. I probably would have given her a ride home, as naive as I am sometimes. But what you did was the wise thing.

I've never heard of it by name, but it's how you have to manage meetings with students when you're a teacher.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Or adopt the Mike Pence practices.
    My pastors have similar practices. The elders, when making calls, always show up in pairs. Good policies in these times where there are so many people and groups out to either sue or denigrate certain people. Somehow, it seems like Christians and conservatives are always a target. Some groups get a pass.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I can see the scene at the Pearly Gates right now; Chris Cornell and Roger Ailes, are standing before St Pete.

St Pete looks at one of them and says, Say Hello 2 Heaven. Which one is he talking to?;)

Top Bottom