• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Been on Verizon my entire adult life. always had excellent service. However the last two maybe three weeks, I have having a hard time getting a signal in places where I have never had any issues before.... The same chair I am sitting in right now I have been on the phone plenty of times in the past... but now I only have one bar and it just dropped a call with my wife. At the property we have in the country I used to have 3 bars and 3g service.... now I am lucky if it will even send a text message... forget talking on the phone. Its an I 4. if that matters.
    Whats the deal?

bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    I have had Verizon for years and love it. I have not seen a change in service or connectivity. Maybe the phone itself is having problems. Anyone else with an I4 having same problems in the same locations you are?

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I've actually had similar issues with AT&T over the last few weeks. Spotty reception where it's always been great. Today I all of a sudden had 7 new voice messages from February 20th through yesterday where my phone doesn't even show a missed call. Not impressed.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    same chair... 3 bars, 3g service... dropped 3 phone calls in 5 minutes. I can get an upgrade, but I don't like to spend money to replace a phone that doesn't need replacing.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Call Verizon and let them know. They should be able to tell what the issue is from the dropped call logs.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Try and see what the signal is like in those places with a different phone, like a coworker or family member with verizon... It may be possible to be a sudden phone issue. If that doesn't hold true, I would do what these guys are saying and call.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Wife and I are on Verizon with an iPhone4 and an iPhone5S. No coverage issues for us and no apparent changes that we have noticed.

Could it be your hardware? Are you missing an update? Did you just install an update and have the problem start?

Well there is one issue that makes my wife mad... I don't always answer my phone when she calls me but I don't think that is Verizon's fault.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Depending on what type of phone you have, you could try #228 to update your roaming and if that doesn't help, call their customer service. I have had times where my service has gone out and had to call from the house phone. They were unaware of the problem until I called. We have a tower we can see from our house so if I have no service at home, I know there is a problem with them.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    We just had a near miss CME/solar flare recently iirc. Solar activity fritzes everything if close enough to our path. Plus they are having issues at Verizon with the new lollipop android update so maybe that's adding to the issues. Seems like every update push plays havoc with our phones for weeks now.
    The joys of technology.lol

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Seriously though, try putting the phone in airplane mode then back to normal. It works for my phone on Verizon sometimes. It like resets the radio.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    When we had Sprint the service was great. I would have service in places that no one else did. Then we started dropping calls like crazy. I called to find out what was up and was told they were updating towers in my area. The tower would be back up in about 3 weeks, but it didn't help. They keep that up for the other 2 towers around me. Then went back to the first tower. We had been with them for over 10 years.

We left and went to AT&T.

Top Bottom