• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INDYTEX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    INDY
    I have been CC'ing around the house for a month or so waiting for my permit to arrive. It finally came yesterday! So today I CC'd in public for the first time. Went to Starbucks then Kinko's to make copies and laminate the permit. Man did I feel self-conscious. I have a Glock 23 in a Don Hume H715 IWB worn at about the 4 0'clock position. It's not that the holster & gun were uncomfortable, I just felt everyone was looking at my waist. I felt paranoid when at Starbucks and someone would pass by my holster side too closely. Hopefully this will pass with time!!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It will definitely ease with time, as you get more comfortable carrying.
    You will notice how much more aware you are of your surroundings...always checking out the area for suspicious people. I find myself usually finding a seat with my back against the wall, where I have full view of the area I am seated. Most people will have no clue you are CC'ing, most just pass any type of printing off as a cell phone or whatever people carry on their belt.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    It's true. The more you do it, the less self conscious you will be. The less you will fidget. The less you will keep touching it. The less you will "look" like you are uncomfortable and out-of-place.

:D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's true. The more you do it, the less self conscious you will be. The less you will fidget. The less you will keep touching it. The less you will "look" like you are uncomfortable and out-of-place.

:D

Are we still talking about CC here?

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I started a couple of months ago.

I'm still a bit paranoid, although I'm already feeling it lessen day by day. Mine's on my ankle and I'm still worried! Not the best place to have it, but decidedly the most concealed IMO. It is quite easy to dress for...just wear pants.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Congrats, and as the others have already stated, you will become more use to it and less self conscious of it.

Mine's on my ankle and I'm still worried! Not the best place to have it,

Not judging you and good for you for carrying, but I really would look to wear on my belt if I was you. It is not easy, nor quick, to get to your ankle holster compared to waist carrying. Again please take no offense and I do applaud you for carrying, just MHO.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Now I'm going to have to get an ankle holster for OC with shorts and sandals.:laugh:

Congrats to the OP on license and carrying!:yesway:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I have been CC'ing around the house for a month or so waiting for my permit to arrive. It finally came yesterday! So today I CC'd in public for the first time. Went to Starbucks then Kinko's to make copies and laminate the permit. Man did I feel self-conscious. I have a Glock 23 in a Don Hume H715 IWB worn at about the 4 0'clock position. It's not that the holster & gun were uncomfortable, I just felt everyone was looking at my waist. I felt paranoid when at Starbucks and someone would pass by my holster side too closely. Hopefully this will pass with time!!

Good for you, INDYTEX! you were wise to CC in your home first. Stay safe and alert, the awkwardness will pass.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Welcome to the world of carrying. I'm one of the lucky ones, as carry has never given me an awkward feeling from day one. I have and do shoulder carry a couple of full sized pistols without any problems.

But the more you do it the more comfortable you'll become. Just do so safely and keeps your eyes open. As other have said before. Once you are carrying you do become more observant of your surroundings and that's a good thing.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    In a couple months you won't notice. Unless you don't have it with you. Then you'll feel kinda nekkid.

Top Bottom