• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Fact: IN law does not mandate CC nor prohibit OC.

Observation: Lots of people have lots of good reasons to OC.

Observation: Lots of people have lots of good reasons to CC.

Observation: I have noticed in reading some of the threads on this forum that several people have mentioned the fact that when they OC it seems few if anyone even notices.

Observation: I have also noticed several people have great interest in "detecting" people who CC. Or if they CC they seem obsessed with making sure they are really "concealing" and not "showing."

Question: Is there no middle ground? Do we have to be either totally concealed all the time or totally open all the time? Can't we have it both ways?

Proposal: I'm proposing a new compromise method of carry: Concealed Open Carry - COC.

Working Theory: I think I'm going to carry in a manner that most would call CC. The majority of the time the sheeple won't even notice that I am carrying. But, I'm not going to worry about it or freak out if someone might see the outline of my pistol under my shirt, or if my shirt is unbuttoned and swings open in the wind and someone sees an OWB holster then that's fine too. To that small minority of people who occasionaly see or notice they can just consider me OCing. Since we don't have to CC in this state then I will just consider I am not trying to CC, I just choose to casually cover-up my OC most of the time - concealed open carry.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I think you're asking for another OC/CC argument. The reality is that those who are opposed to OC will not be convinced otherwise on a web forum. Those who are for OC will not be convinced to conceal.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    That is how I usually carry my Glock, holster clipped inside my front pocket and polo shirt casually draped over. If someone sees it, oh well. I have a license to carry.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Fact: IN law does not mandate CC nor prohibit OC.

Observation: Lots of people have lots of good reasons to OC.

Observation: Lots of people have lots of good reasons to CC.

Observation: I have noticed in reading some of the threads on this forum that several people have mentioned the fact that when they OC it seems few if anyone even notices.

Observation: I have also noticed several people have great interest in "detecting" people who CC. Or if they CC they seem obsessed with making sure they are really "concealing" and not "showing."

Question: Is there no middle ground? Do we have to be either totally concealed all the time or totally open all the time? Can't we have it both ways?

Proposal: I'm proposing a new compromise method of carry: Concealed Open Carry - COC.

Working Theory: I think I'm going to carry in a manner that most would call CC. The majority of the time the sheeple won't even notice that I am carrying. But, I'm not going to worry about it or freak out if someone might see the outline of my pistol under my shirt, or if my shirt is unbuttoned and swings open in the wind and someone sees an OWB holster then that's fine too. To that small minority of people who occasionaly see or notice they can just consider me OCing. Since we don't have to CC in this state then I will just consider I am not trying to CC, I just choose to casually cover-up my OC most of the time - concealed open carry.

Nothing wrong with that.With my increased waste size(buffets) OWB carry is what I prefer. Like you I don't fret (too much) if my 38 "prints" through my shirt. For a long time I thought CC was mandatory because our town marshal chewed out a man for OC'ing A 357 back in the 1980's. Said he'd revoke his or any others LTCH if they'd OC.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    this in reality is just another CC vs OC debate.... i carry the exact same way as you said, but consider it CC. I support the right of the OCer though.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    this in reality is just another CC vs OC debate.... i carry the exact same way as you said, but consider it CC. I support the right of the OCer though.

Those COC'ers are ok or crazies.

Sorta.. not really.... making people upset or not care or indifferently terrified ............. what???????

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I guess I'm just an odd-ball, I'm not liking the idea. If I'm CC'ing for some reason, then I don't want ANYONE to know I'm carrying. Usually I OC, people see the firearm if they notice, then they see a relaxed person going about his day. I might be wrong, but my thinking is if someone catches sight of a firearm that is supposedly "supposed to be concealed", then they are going to think the worst, that that person is trying to get somewhere without the firearm being known about it till it is too late. Either keep it buried so nobody knows, or keep it out so everyone knows (and hopefully get used to seeing/learns OC is OK).

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

I think a bunch of us have beat you to it :D We (or at least I) call it "casual concealed." Vests, unbuttoned shirts, Hawaiian shirts, etc... lots of 'em covering guns.

Think anyone suspects there might be a gun in the following pics, even though I don't consider it particularly subtle? Probably not most of the sheeple. God bless 'em :patriot:

CCBerettaM92FS001.jpg

007.jpg

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I carry a fullsize XDm on my hip, and my absolutely firearm scared cousin didn't even notice it when she hugged me.

Most people don't. I could care less if some random guy I see is OC'ing (actually, we will probably have something to talk about), CC'ing, or COC'ing. I have the professionalism to not get angry and to ignore anyone who wishes to try and berate me for carrying in public.

I do love the little kids that say "look daddy, that guy has a gun!". "One day you can too, kiddo"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I'm not going to worry about it or freak out if someone might see the outline of my pistol under my shirt, or if my shirt is unbuttoned and swings open in the wind and someone sees an OWB holster then that's fine too. To that small minority of people who occasionaly see or notice they can just consider me OCing.
    Yep, exactly the way I do it.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

More and more every day I am feeling the same way. I am less concerned about printing or the occasional cover shirt brush back as 99.374% of people wouldn't notice it even if they were looking right at you.

You get comftorable with your new "garment" and worry less about it each day.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I went around Indy today to a couple gun stores and Wal-Mart, Dick's, etc.. I made it a point to not OC, however I did the same thing as the OP suggested. T-shirt and jeans, OWB holster on under my shirt.

I certainly wouldn't have cared (being a normal OC'er) if anyone saw it, but I did find myself checking myself every once in awhile to make sure everything was okay on my strong side... Just felt a little 'different'.

I think many CC'ers probably carry like this (at least in IN where you can do both).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Printing is scary. I always wonder, "what do they have under there? What are they trying to hide? Is it a cordless drill? It's a cordless drill ISN'T IT!!!"
    I'd feel so much better knowing it was just a gun.;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Printing is scary. I always wonder, "what do they have under there? What are they trying to hide? Is it a cordless drill? It's a cordless drill ISN'T IT!!!"
    I'd feel so much better knowing it was just a gun.;)

Any time I get "made", I just tell 'em it's my colostomy bag and offer to show them.

Top Bottom