• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A couple months ago I picked up a 10gal King Kooker Jambalaya pot...The freezers are now full of Senate Bean Soup, Beef Stew, Clam Chowder...obviously not going to be using this one every day...

http://kingkooker.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=127

I probably should have gone with the 5gal but bigger is better, right? Until you have to move the 80lb beast I suppose.

Now I need to think about what I'm going to cook in it for turkey day...

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    A couple months ago I picked up a 10gal King Kooker Jambalaya pot...The freezers are now full of Senate Bean Soup, Beef Stew, Clam Chowder...obviously not going to be using this one every day...

http://kingkooker.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=127

I probably should have gone with the 5gal but bigger is better, right? Until you have to move the 80lb beast I suppose.

I get 'page cannot be found' on the referenced url.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Nice find. I like the aluminum lid but it does not come with a hanging hand so you can cook over a fire with a tripod. I don’t even see one in their accessories page.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Nice find. I like the aluminum lid but it does not come with a hanging hand so you can cook over a fire with a tripod. I don’t even see one in their accessories page.

Yeah, I bought the gas burner base and already had a set of chain hooks for my tripod that I've had for decades that work with it. I just needed the cauldron...:D

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, I bought the gas burner base and already had a set of chain hooks for my tripod that I've had for decades that work with it. I just needed the cauldron...:D
    I’m just used to having hanging handles on all of my dutchoven‘s, I didn’t even think about using chain for a hanging handle. Thanks for the idea. It’s in my Christmas list now :D

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I find my cast iron pans at yard sales. This last summer I picked up a Griswold skillet. A Wagner Dutch oven and a Wagner chicken fryer . Found all three items at the same place. Bought all three for $10.These older brands are made out of a lot better cast iron than the new skillets being sold

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I find my cast iron pans at yard sales. This last summer I picked up a Griswold skillet. A Wagner Dutch oven and a Wagner chicken fryer . Found all three items at the same place. Bought all three for $10.These older brands are made out of a lot better cast iron than the new skillets being sold

I hate you.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close

I have a couple of Wagner skillets that my mother gave us 30+ years ago. Did some research a few years back and found that they were made in Ohio. I'll bet that they were new when she got them back in the 1940s. We still use them, and they're better than the skillets I bought in the 1980s.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County

Were they all ready to use at that price ? Even so that's a fantastic deal. I paid $40 for a Griswold 9 and its still a work in progress.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    They were all in good shape. The people were moving, it was the last day of their sale and everything was half price. The lady complained that they were too heavy for her to use.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I just bought the lodge 5 piece set first time ever cooking with cast iron. I really like it my wife.............. not so much says she doesn't like the weight and burning her hands on the handles.waaa2 but im going to find those little cast iron handle sleeves and alleviate one issue.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    My wife garage sales.She asks at every garage sale if they have any to sell and sometimes they go into their own kitchens and bring em out.It can't hurt to ask.

Top Bottom