• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    started to reload for my sons 257 weatherby only to find out i am out of case lube. the spray lubes dont seem to be enough for the long weatherby cases. looked around the garage and saw some grease we used to use when rebuilding engines and decided to try some. i used it just like you would any other case lube and it worked really well. next time you are out of your favorite lube give it a try. you should be able to pick it up at any auto store.
    0724101214.jpg

0724101213b.jpg

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've used at least a dozen case lubes - conventional and otherwise. Lee has always been my favorite because it's easy to clean up. I stay away from anything petroleum based but i'm sure Lubriplate worked just fine. Working down to a thin film thickness would be extremely important with the Weatherby's double radius bottleneck. Additionally - make sure you don't get any in the case neck or it'll degrade your powder charge over time.

If I was out of Lee lube, I'd head to the nightstand before the garage.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I just bought a can of Spectrol chain lube for the motorcycle, and I swear it smells just like the RCBS case lube I have. Makes me want to go reload every time I go riding!!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Some lubes found in other rooms of the household *ahem* will also work in a pinch.

Please tell me you have not used what I think you have used for a case lube.

I don't even want to think about it. Eeuuu.

For cryin' out loud, can't you wait to reload until tomorrow when you can get some proper case lube??

You have an understanding wife I think. I'll bet she laughs about you with her sisters though.......

LMAO

Top Bottom