• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am in Tennessee right now... You have to watch for signs down here, but I just keep it concealed and don't worry much about most things. I always check out the laws before I go and then I don't worry about it too much.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    It's a damn shame that someone with lawful intentions has to feel terrified to engage in a Constitutional right.

I agree 100%. Thanks to our Govt., biased media and all the brainwashed minions out there, you get the feeling that you are right up there with LE when it comes to being viewed as the bad guys. I employ a lot of college workers in the summer and it's went from guns being viewed with interest to now being viewed as they put it "weapons" and their owners as "what's wrong with this country". And this is coming from the mouths of country kids.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I agree 100%. Thanks to our Govt., biased media and all the brainwashed minions out there, you get the feeling that you are right up there with LE when it comes to being viewed as the bad guys. I employ a lot of college workers in the summer and it's went from guns being viewed with interest to now being viewed as they put it "weapons" and their owners as "what's wrong with this country". And this is coming from the mouths of country kids.

Would you say it's a few months of brainwashing on campus changed 18 years of country upbringing, or were they started on that path when they got there?

After all, the world was a utopia until the invention of gunpowder. It's not like people went around with pointy sticks or clubs.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    My recent trip to the bad lands in South Dakota forced me to travel with some extra time to avoid Minnisota. I was mindful in Ill. Most of the time I did not give it too much thought as I had done some research. Trying to remember the duty to inform requirements was also not too tough.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    I employ a lot of college workers in the summer and it's went from guns being viewed with interest to now being viewed as they put it "weapons" and their owners as "what's wrong with this country".

I must ask why you would employ those types? Indiana is an at-will employment state.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am from Illinois so when I first got a Florida CCW back in 2003 I had to leave my home state to carry. Cross border from Illinois into Indiana, stop and gun up. Same procedure in reverse just before re-entering Illinois. Jim.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    You will be exercising a right...do not forget that. It really rubs me the wrong way when I read or hear another law-abiding-citizen share their grief over exercising a natural right.

We have been brainwashed into fearing and almost believing that we are doing something wrong by lawfully carrying a firearm and having the audacity to take the protections of ourselves and family members into our own hands.

I am assuming you are new to carrying and that is okay. You have nothing to be nervous about though. Remember you are on the right side of the law. If you get pulled over or stopped you are exercising your right.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Let's see, I carried in IN, MI, OH, PA, DE, KY, TN, TX, AZ, AL, MS, GA, FL, AR, MO, OK, WI, WV, VA, MN, NV, NM, UT, IL, LA, KS, CA, MD & NJ as well as DC. I was only nervous in the 'non permissive' states/cities.
    Pretty simple, get a list of the states you are going to, find out if you can carry there & where you cannot carry once there & if you have to inform LEO's. Go where you can, don't carry where you can't (if you can avoid it) & inform LEO's if you need to.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    You will be exercising a right...do not forget that. It really rubs me the wrong way when I read or hear another law-abiding-citizen share their grief over exercising a natural right.

We have been brainwashed into fearing and almost believing that we are doing something wrong by lawfully carrying a firearm and having the audacity to take the protections of ourselves and family members into our own hands.

I am assuming you are new to carrying and that is okay. You have nothing to be nervous about though. Remember you are on the right side of the law. If you get pulled over or stopped you are exercising your right.
    Not new to carrying, new to carry out of state. When you read the laws they seem to have the disclaimer about being guidelines and your responsibility to know ALL the laws. With that logic I should know all 40,000 pages of the tax code before I pay my taxes. I am concerned about missing some obscure law. I have read and reread the laws but as someone posted earlier, I shouldn't have to worry where I go because of the 2A, and it is a shame that I have to worry about that when I leave my state. Thanks for all the replies guys, feeling a little more at ease about it now.

Top Bottom