• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Broad daylight, middle of the day. Someone broke into my car at work. Stole over a grand worth of stuff including a Kel-Tec P32 that was locked in the glove box.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a lock box for the car now since it will probably remain a target at work now.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Broad daylight, middle of the day. Someone broke into my car at work. Stole over a grand worth of stuff including a Kel-Tec P32 that was locked in the glove box.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a lock box for the car now since it will probably remain a target at work now.

Sorry to hear that, man. :n00b:

What area do you work? :dunno:

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That sucks. I hate when people steal from others. It is easier to steal than to get a job and earn something. These people steal from hard working people who earn what they have. I hope it works out and you get your stuff back.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Ahh, those are my peeps. Land of the crack-heads. Which business?
    I got robbed there a couple of years ago. Broad daylight, sitting in my company car doing paperwork and a girl approaches and asks me for a ride somewhere. I turned her down. She then offers me "company". I again declined her offer. I went back to my paperwork. The next thing I felt was a gun barrel in my ear. Her boyfriend decided I would "donate " the money if I was not interested in boinking his woman.

I don't hang around that area anymore.:)

Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Not going to say the company name, but this was unusual for our property. Especially since my car was in front of the front door of the business.

I'm locating a camera to the parking lot, and guess who's car it will be pointing at?

Anyone have any suggestions on a vehicle pistol lockbox? I guess that the locked glove box just doesn't work.

My suspicion is that my car will probably be hit in the next month or so to see if I've restocked it with more loot for them to steal.

I plan on keeping this car less than another year, so I won't be putting a car alarm in it, but my next will have one. A really loud and sensitive one.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Sorry to hear it. Thats why i don't leave weapons in my car. How do you feel about arming the bad guys? That has always been the main reason I do not leave stuff in my car. Also, do you think there should be legal penalties for allowing such a thing to happen?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Sorry to hear it. Thats why i don't leave weapons in my car. How do you feel about arming the bad guys? That has always been the main reason I do not leave stuff in my car. Also, do you think there should be legal penalties for allowing such a thing to happen?

Yeah, sure, that makes sense. Put the blame on the victim, rather than the criminal who stole the stuff.:rolleyes:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Legal penalties for being the victim of theft?:ugh: That has to be the most idiotic statement I have ever seen on INGO.

So someone breaks into YOUR home say, and steal all YOUR weapons, what penalty should be handed out to YOU? hmm?

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    I don't think anything was done wrong here, but I do question what the point of a P32 is if it's not on you. It's an ultimate ultra deep concealment handgun. What is the point of it if you can't wear it? If it's not to use while your at work or something, why not have something bigger?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Also, do you think there should be legal penalties for allowing such a thing to happen?

I don't leave my guns in my truck overnight but on a quick trip into a store last year my locked truck was broken into , and a hidden , loaded .45 was stolen from me .

So NO , I don't think their should be penalties for "allowing " it to happen , any more than I think people should be banned for not thinking before they post .

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't think anything was done wrong here, but I do question what the point of a P32 is if it's not on you. It's an ultimate ultra deep concealment handgun. What is the point of it if you can't wear it? If it's not to use while your at work or something, why not have something bigger?

There are obviously two schools of thought here.
    One is that you need your job, and don't want to break any rules and get fired.

The other is that your protection is worth more than your job.

While yes, my protection is important, I can't afford to take the chance that I will be discovered carrying at work at get fired. It's a catch 22.

Top Bottom