• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Taking a canoe trip through turkey run this weekend. I am legal to carry correct? I just wondered with the whole DNR hunting from a boat, though I wont be hunting I didnt know if they had a loaded firearm clause or anything. What about within the park itself? We are friendly on that in Indiana correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thundorr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    fortville
    i've taken a couple of trips with blue's canoes in edinburg they have always been good trips. the staff was friendly and they have quality equipment.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I would really love to find people to paddle with. I have two Kayaks in the garage and my wife always gets mad about us not using them.... If there were more groups of folks that would like to go........ I'm just saying........

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I just went on a nice little trip with a couple of friends on Friday morning. We started out near Yorktown on the White river, and went to edgewater park in Anderson. Took 6 hours. We did stop along the way so Josh could rent a kayak at Canoe Country in Daleville since us having 3 people in the canoe was a bit of weight and we were hitting bottom too often. The water was down more than last time we went, but still had a good time.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Spoken like a true student of common sense. I yield to your superior whit sir. I am on the west side of Indy in Brownsburg. I mainly go to Eagle Creek and head up towards 86th St.. I have been in White River and would really like to head south on a group outing.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Mooresville
    I always find that its nice to take a trip down the white river for a couple of days I have a cabin along the river down in southern indiana and from indy to there takes my 3 to 4 days on the river depending on how long and stop and what not

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm really wanting to find someone to do a canoe/backpack trip. I'm thinking on White river starting around Daleville or so, and go for a day or two stopping and camping along the way. Not too many of my friends would be up for something like that. If anyone is up for it let me know. Only probs would be need to try to catch the river at a good level and not low. And would have to get out and carry it along the bank when we would get to that dam north of Noblesville at that plant.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    My big problem right now is I work absolutely ever single day. I never plan anything more than a day or two ahead at most. Most yak trips are just a matter of getting home, looking at the water, noticing it's not raining right now and tossing the boat in the water. When I do go any where I never knew I'd be doing it the day before.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I yield to your superior whit sir.

Thanks, there are plenty of people in that area that would love to kayak with you if you find a put in and take out and post it around a week in advance.
    You should be able to get at least 3 or 4 others to go with, maybe even more if the water is high enough that day.

Im sure you have seen the thread "float trip" The guy just found the public put ins and set a date. I went on the scouting trip since i was tripple booked for the actual date, but both trips turned out just fine.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I really like multi-day trips on the ohio river. It is not the filthy backwater many think. Good fishing, great scenery and the Kentucky side of the river is very nice since they don't have the assinine law allowing owners to plant right to the bank or dump trash. In KY an easement is created on behalf of the State so landowners don't trash the shoreline.
    If planning a multi day don't rule out the Ohio. You won't regret it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm really wanting to find someone to do a canoe/backpack trip. I'm thinking on White river starting around Daleville or so, and go for a day or two stopping and camping along the way. Not too many of my friends would be up for something like that. If anyone is up for it let me know. Only probs would be need to try to catch the river at a good level and not low. And would have to get out and carry it along the bank when we would get to that dam north of Noblesville at that plant.

Me and a buddy are trying to plan a late summer early fall trip from the 144 bridge in Waverly through Martinsville to Spencer or Worthington, just need to get the time and a little extra equipment to do it, plus find a canoe to rent or borrow for the weekend.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Me and a buddy are trying to plan a late summer early fall trip from the 144 bridge in Waverly through Martinsville to Spencer or Worthington, just need to get the time and a little extra equipment to do it, plus find a canoe to rent or borrow for the weekend.

Heck, I'd be up for something like that. I've got access to my uncle's canoe. Before I borrowed it he hadn't used it, so he lets me keep it out here so I can use it. Its a nice 3 seater with storage compartment, dry well, and cupholders. So with me along, I'd have room for at least one more person, plus gear.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I have been trying to get people to go backpacking all summer long. I go all year and would love to get out. I am not sure about the whole portage thing (such as where to go in Indiana) but I would love to do either. Is there a backpacking social group on INGO yet... If not someone should start one.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I just started INGO Backpackers and INGO Paddlers in the social groups section. This way we can post trip info in a central place and organize things a little better.

All are welcome to join

(I'm not pushing the issue but I think a few reps are in order)

Top Bottom