Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got my one and only infraction on INGO back when I was fairly new. I had posted an ad and wanted to add additional information to it, and either didn't realize I could edit the original ad (without bumping the ad) or didn't realize that my bumping it for additional info would count as a "bump", but it did (was before the 24 hours were up). Mea culpa. No biggie. Just a learning experience.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Not the first time I've heard this. A buddy of mine had a similar (not same) experience. Turned him off of the site nearly immediately after joining for some slight infraction due to inexperience using the site. Too bad because he has the most extensive collection of rimfires I've ever seen and a good bit of knowledge to back it up.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    The mods can see every time you've been slapped on the wrist. Because they can, I'm betting you've done it more than once as they claim. BTW, you can see how many times you've been slapped as well. You've been here almost ten years, so there's no way you can claim that you didn't know the rules. With that in mind, even if it was your first time, the slap was completely deserved. Take your lumps, apologize for being butt hurt and acting like a child, and move on.
    You say that I can see my infractions, can you tell me where to find that? And for the record I am not arguing the rule, I'm not even disagreeing with the rule, but seeing as how the whole rest of the site is one enormous forum it is too easy to just get into a rhythm and click reply without remembering that it's a classified ad and not a discussion. Perhaps the classifieds forum should just auto lock every post as soon as it is posted so that there's no opportunity to make this mistake.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I was confused by this rule myself.

It would make sense if the classified threads were locked to all but OP.
    That is a choice that each person posting an ad can make. You can lock your ad and unlock it when you need/want to bump it. The issue with that is too many folks do not edit the thread title to show sold and just edit the opening post and lock their ad. So people skip the locked ads thinking the item is sold.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was confused by this rule myself.

It would make sense if the classified threads were locked to all but OP.
    I think its a limitation of the software. It probably doesnt support such granular security settings to only allow certain people to post on certain threads.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Probably not the best way to start things in an open forum.
    I don't appreciate being scolded from behind a curtain of anonymity. Secret courts are just the type of thing that this forum would be rabidly against but yet we're practicing the same behavior. I can accept personal rebuke and have been adequately rebuked by the members of this forum but I think the moderator should step up and do it first.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have a habit of doing things against the rules. I have deleted your in ad thread posts multiple times and PM'd you about this as well.
    Rule #7 Amigo. It is there for all to see and yes we expect the rules to be followed.
    You were told to follow said rules or loose access to the classifieds which you continually use outside the rules. Not one word was typed about banning you so get your sob story straight. Why is it that alleged adults cannot as such.

That you are a site supporter does not give you special status. It is what some use to shortcut the 50 post rule and many many other faithful members do to support the forum. How much you spend with members has no bearing here so buck up, read the rules and simply follow them.

You could have responded to my PM but NO you have to make a childish scene for the whole class.

Wow, just wow.

This can end well or not. Its up to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't appreciate being scolded from behind a curtain of anonymity. Secret courts are just the type of thing that this forum would be rabidly against but yet we're practicing the same behavior. I can accept personal rebuke and have been adequately rebuked by the members of this forum but I think the moderator should step up and do it first.
    Scolded......no you were made aware.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Wear it like a badge of honor. A right of passage. **** happens.

I got one also which did **** me off but before my coffee was finished I was over it.

The add did not list a price or location but did say or reasonalde offer.

So I overstepped my bounds and reply was
    “I will take it for a dollar and meet on I-69 at Cabelas “ in the classified not PM.

The way I look at it is I would not want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member. I feel as a grand master and member since like 2008 I bring more good than harm to the member ship here and I often will go a long time between visits as this is nothing but entertainment for me.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    All right, blood pressure going down.
    Good. Now collect your toys and go play somewhere else. I can guarantee you the mod is not "hiding behind anonyiy" and it's more a site software issue. I've never had a pee pee smack that didn't tell me who it was, and every one was deserved. To go off and be a douchenozzle about something you KNOW YOU DID WRONG is just not deserved nor appreciated. The mod staff here has their hands full and are all volunteers. Being a dick doesn't help them do their job.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I can't find my infractions any more. Maybe we lost that feature with the multiple upgrades. However, it doesn't change the fact that you've been around long enough to know the rules. If it was an accident, then a polite pm stating what happened might have gotten the infraction removed. The temper tantrum guarantees it's not going anywhere.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Geez, what's the big deal.

It's just a warning to not bump the classifieds. I didn't see any mention of banning, only locking out of classies if you choose to ignore the warning.
    Thats the issue. Just because he dropped a $20 and spends money with the members gives him no status. Except in his mind.
    Behind a curtain. Wow. Thats how we do this for the privacy of the members. He broke ranks.

Yup, I gave him multiple mulligans to avoid points just being nice. Please know after this and a few others thats over. So thank this guy in future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom