• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Angry Cops reports on Canadian VA suffering from PTSD to end life via assisted suicide, one already taken his life with kids offered 'counseling' after the fact.

If you don't think the government hates you but some do it with more efficiency than others, here is another fun data point.

This is absolutely and whole heartedly unacceptable behavior.

Complaints were filed against the VA employee who successfully talked one combat vet into MAID - Medical Assistance In Dying and then offered his children counseling rather than more viable life saving treatment options.

This same VA employee is still presently employed after the grievance was filed July 21st, 2022. Not a lot of urgency to get this person fired, arrested, jailed or hung for treason.

If you would care to voice your very American opinions on this topic, please feel free to email minister-ministre@veterans.gc.ca and share them.

If any of you are struggling yourselves please remember that you can Dial 988 for the Suicide Crisis Hotline and press 1 for Veteran Specific assistance.

MAID may have its place but this isn’t it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Surely you aren't questioning the one of a kind compassion that only leftists can display, are you? They only support this type of thing because they are so clearly superior to everyone else that sometimes the best option is to encourage the opposition to die, for their own good of course.

Reactions: Leo

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Government-run health Care.

Coming to a medical institution near you if the Communists get their way.

This is one of the most abhorrent things I have read in a while. Forgiving student debt etc is a matter of money and manipulation. Urging those who have fought for your freedoms and protection to then off themselves, that is evil.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Trudeau likely demands to be notified of any vets choosing this option so he can be in the room touching himself when decent human beings are extinguished.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    This was an action by a single employee, not a policy of the Canadian VA. It seems that assisted suicide was mentioned, not specifically recommended. That still seems wrong, but less serious then recommending.
    As far as firing the employee, he is still entitled to due process. The uproar about this may be enough to keep him from repeating the same mistake. I keep in mind that I was not privy to the whole conversation.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This was an action by a single employee, not a policy of the Canadian VA. It seems that assisted suicide was mentioned, not specifically recommended. That still seems wrong, but less serious then recommending.
    As far as firing the employee, he is still entitled to due process. The uproar about this may be enough to keep him from repeating the same mistake. I keep in mind that I was not privy to the whole conversation.
    Government endorsed suicide in Canada is the peak of craziness in government run health care. One article says that there were 10,000 people who have done this government procedure since the start. I guess killing people is a way to save on socialized medicine costs.

Some 'hireling ministers' in major Denominations have hosted end of life celebrations for people to attend and have their final thoughts before hitting the off switch. Pretty sure that event is not prescribed in the Bible. I spent 60 some years watching society jump through impossible hoops to bring aid and comfort to every single person, and now the left is selling suicide as a solution to societal ills. They still don't want the most violent and destructive convicted criminals to be executed.

Know ye also this, in the last days will be perilous times.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Been some reporting on this lately. Since legalization a few years ago, euthanasia has taken off like a rocket in Canada and is now something like the sixth leading cause of death, even though doctors are encouraged to falsify death certificates to hide it.

Unlike other countries there are almost no controls on euthanasia in Canada. A nurse practitioner can kill you, not even a doctor. The signoff process is easy and they'll even do it for claimed mental illnesses in young people.

Canada has become a very sick place. Waitlists for surgery get longer and longer but having the government put you to sleep gets faster and easier. It only took a couple years.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Yes, really. Nothing personal to you or any individual employee but system wide, **** the VA.

Anyone interested in the skyrocketing rates at which veterans were prescribed pain medications over the previous decade or so, suicide rates, and abject failures to treat underlying physical and emotional issues rather than throw pills at the problem should read the following congressional transcripts: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-113hhrg85864/html/CHRG-113hhrg85864.htm

The fundamental issues with the VA lead to accidental overdose rates much greater among veterans than other groups prescribed the same medications. The amounts prescribed by the VA to individuals was much greater than non-VA doctors, even when dealing with similar symptoms. Then they reversed course and decided to just start cutting people off with the predictable results of people now made into addicts by high doses of habit forming medication no longer having access to it and not being properly weaned down. Veteran suicides, already high, further increased.

Remember when the VA lied about wait lists and falsified records on wait times for appointments and how many veterans died before getting an appointment as they sat on a 'secret wait list'? I do.

Another fun read: https://www.newsweek.com/2017/10/20/va-fueled-opioid-crisis-killing-veterans-681552.html

Research the Tomah VA and how painkillers prescribed for mental health issues caused something like a 4x increase in prescriptions while total number of patients declined.

While I do not personally believe in it, I've heard the mantra "If I ever go to the VA again it'll be with the intent to never come back out" more than once from serious people. I've come very very close to having to kill a vet with an edged weapon in a narcotic craze. I've sent many to the hospital to attempt to save their lives who, ultimately, decided to end their life on their own terms.

I will not step foot in a VA again. I will literally die first. That is not hyperbole. I will literally die before I use the VA for anything, period. So, yes, really. **** the VA.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I will not step foot in a VA again. I will literally die first. That is not hyperbole. I will literally die before I use the VA for anything, period. So, yes, really. **** the VA.
    The Indy VA probably saved my life in 2007. I spent 4-6 weeks seeing different doctors trying to find out why I was sick, and getting sicker. Decided to give the Indy VA a shot, the ER figured it out in about 4-6 hours. Since then, they have (usually) provided me with outstanding care.

I have a medication I take monthly that is $25,000 a dose at the local pharmacy/GoodRX. VA sends it to me monthly, didn't bat an eye. (I'm sure they don't pay $25k, but thank you taxpayers!)

The Marion VA? Wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yes, really. Nothing personal to you or any individual employee but system wide, **** the VA.

Anyone interested in the skyrocketing rates at which veterans were prescribed pain medications over the previous decade or so, suicide rates, and abject failures to treat underlying physical and emotional issues rather than throw pills at the problem should read the following congressional transcripts: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-113hhrg85864/html/CHRG-113hhrg85864.htm

The fundamental issues with the VA lead to accidental overdose rates much greater among veterans than other groups prescribed the same medications. The amounts prescribed by the VA to individuals was much greater than non-VA doctors, even when dealing with similar symptoms. Then they reversed course and decided to just start cutting people off with the predictable results of people now made into addicts by high doses of habit forming medication no longer having access to it and not being properly weaned down. Veteran suicides, already high, further increased.

Remember when the VA lied about wait lists and falsified records on wait times for appointments and how many veterans died before getting an appointment as they sat on a 'secret wait list'? I do.

Another fun read: https://www.newsweek.com/2017/10/20/va-fueled-opioid-crisis-killing-veterans-681552.html

Research the Tomah VA and how painkillers prescribed for mental health issues caused something like a 4x increase in prescriptions while total number of patients declined.

While I do not personally believe in it, I've heard the mantra "If I ever go to the VA again it'll be with the intent to never come back out" more than once from serious people. I've come very very close to having to kill a vet with an edged weapon in a narcotic craze. I've sent many to the hospital to attempt to save their lives who, ultimately, decided to end their life on their own terms.

Heavy duty truth here. We may not literally schedule them for suicide pods, but we don't have much other reason to act superior. Our vets just die slower and messier.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    "Be strong, and you will be renewed!"
    --Trudeau

Maybe the "Logan's Run" backstory started with "Renewal" at 80 years of age--then 70, 60, 50, 40, and by the time of the movie they had gotten to 30 (the novel had "Renewal" at age 21).

Top Bottom