• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    The Canadian family of a 13-month-old boy teetering on life support has defied a court order to remove the boy’s breathing tube and now are looking to an [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]American [COLOR=blue !important]hospital[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] for what experts say would be a miracle recovery.

I thought people wanted the Canadian health care system so that people would not be denied medical care? It looks like the Canadian system does deny medical care and does not leave that option to the parents, unlike the U.S. health care system that is so hated by the Left.

FoxNews.com - Canadian Family Fights to Keep Boy's Breathing Tube in Place

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Stupid doctors..........don't they know that tube will cause cancer or polio or something???? I'm sure the root cause was vaccinations, but we will never know because the combined Canadian and US government will cover it up.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    "
    The boy, Joseph Maraachli, has been in a vegetative state at a hospital in London, Ontario, since last fall. He’s been treated for a neurodegenerative disease that doctors ruled leaves no hope for the boy."

If you don't want the free government care, then step up and pay for it.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    "
    The boy, Joseph Maraachli, has been in a vegetative state at a hospital in London, Ontario, since last fall. He’s been treated for a neurodegenerative disease that doctors ruled leaves no hope for the boy."

If you don't want the free government care, then step up and pay for it.

I agree except that it's not free, it is paid for by every taxpayer in that country. Perhaps you should be able to opt into a higher-premium tax-surance that allows you unlimited health care for life and lets you make all your health care decisions instead of letting a government that takes your money without your consent decide how much you are entitled to get back.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I agree except that it's not free, it is paid for by every taxpayer in that country. Perhaps you should be able to opt into a higher-premium tax-surance that allows you unlimited health care for life and lets you make all your health care decisions instead of letting a government that takes your money without your consent decide how much you are entitled to get back.

After living under the Canadian system for 14 years, I actually like it. Even with loads of health problems, I always had great service and less crap to worry about (no "gosh i hope my insurance will pay for this!"). Never had a significant waits (I've had longer appt waits in Virginia and Texas). But I've often advocated that there should be a way to pay for "extras". Everyone has a base level, but if I want to pay for supplemental insurance to cover stuff like a private room or brand name drugs instead of generics, I should have that option.

And don't let the American system fool you. I doubt most insurance companies would pay to keep this kid "alive" for this long. I don't agree that it should be court ordered, however; they should be given the option to pay out of pocket.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    After living under the Canadian system for 14 years, I actually like it. Even with loads of health problems, I always had great service and less crap to worry about (no "gosh i hope my insurance will pay for this!"). Never had a significant waits (I've had longer appt waits in Virginia and Texas). But I've often advocated that there should be a way to pay for "extras". Everyone has a base level, but if I want to pay for supplemental insurance to cover stuff like a private room or brand name drugs instead of generics, I should have that option.

And don't let the American system fool you. I doubt most insurance companies would pay to keep this kid "alive" for this long. I don't agree that it should be court ordered, however; they should be given the option to pay out of pocket.

Sounds interesting, but I could do without the high taxes that pay for everyone else's problems. Plus, these government-controlled systems don't jive with the U.S. Constitution at all.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Yeah, who wouldn't like someone else paying for everything? Gosh, what's not to like?

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm more against obama care because its unconstitutional than anything else...

oh yea, that and the fact that my experience in Europe with socialized medicine was absolutely ridiculous.

prayers for this kid and his family.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Sounds interesting, but I could do without the high taxes that pay for everyone else's problems. Plus, these government-controlled systems don't jive with the U.S. Constitution at all.
    100% agree with you on this one. OMG, break out your ice skates people because there might be a frozen pond down below :laugh:

Top Bottom