can you buy more than one handgun a month in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    That's my question, I have a 1911 that will be in at the end of the week that I will be picking up and there is a hi power calling my name on Gunbroker, if I get it, it will probably be in by the end of next week... Would there be a problem?:dunno:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    No limit.

You can buy two a day if you want. If you buy more than one handgun at a time the paperwork is filed a bit differently but there is no law against it. I've bought more than one at a time on many occasions.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Most members here recommend buying more than one handgun per month! Of course, you have to invite us out to shoot them all too!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Fortunately, Indiana still recognizes the natural rights documented in the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and Article I Section 32 of the Constitution of the State of Indiana.

Get as many as you want!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    That's my question, I have a 1911 that will be in at the end of the week that I will be picking up and there is a hi power calling my name on Gunbroker, if I get it, it will probably be in by the end of next week... Would there be a problem?:dunno:

No problem here, this isnt New Jersey.. thank GOD :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Um... why? People do it all the time. If it's because of the info going to BATFE/FBI, they already have it.

Yup. I've bought multiple guns from dealers on more occasions than I can recall. Paranoid people have told me that I should not do that because the multiple purchases get reported. So what, this is not secret information, the guv'mint has the info, they cleared the transfers, no black helicopters have flown over, no midnight SWAT visits...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    it don't work that way for me.....if i get more the 2 a month i get delayed....i don't care what they say there is little check marks by your name at the NISC.....:twocents:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Sorry, you guys are all wrong. In Indiana, you are REQUIRED to buy more than one handgun per month. How else will you defend yourself against the killer rabbits we have around here?

Da Bing

broknaxl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    The problem would only arise if you went in and bought say half a dozen cheap concealable .22s or .25s at the same time. Then went back a week later and bought half a dozen more. But different types and or just a couple of high end items doesn't ring the alarm bells. (at least not as loud)

Top Bottom