Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    For what it’s worth, (not much) I did not feel like it was a good old boys club at all. Granted, I had lurked for a while, but just barged right in and tried to leave some good info, some smelly opinions, and a lot of smart alexness. I got close to 50 and decided to support because it was so worth it. If you charged a dollar an hour I’d owe you a bunch so 20 is nothing.
    I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that this thread has gone 12 pages but here I am having read most of it and throwing my 2 cents in.
    Where are the cheeseburgers at anyway, I’m hungry?

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I've been a member for several years and have never checked the classifieds. I like to view what others are saying and to keep up with the firearms community, but especially like the pictures.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I think the classy adds should be hidden and not mentioned only to magicly unlock after a certain time frame and quality post number/thread count.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I know that is very true. There is one guy that doesn't post much here and when he does it seems like no one pays much attention because of our other "experts" on the subject but from his posts there, he is very knowledgeable.

There are two people who post frequently that I consider extremely knowledgeable. Many times the main thread turns into a hijacked cluster****.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I know that is very true. There is one guy that doesn't post much here and when he does it seems like no one pays much attention because of our other "experts" on the subject but from his posts there, he is very knowledgeable.

There are two people who post frequently that I consider extremely knowledgeable. Many times the main thread turns into a hijacked cluster****.

WOW!
    I just don't know what to say. Thank You! I really appreciate that. :yesway:

Blakec221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Rockville
    I’ll be honest I came for the classifieds. I don’t sell any but like to buy occasionally. Since then I have rather enjoyed reading the various topics and have spend many hours reading. I’m usually not someone who posts that often but I would throw my 2 cents in here and there to boost my post count. But now that I’ve gotten to past 50 posts it havnt looked through the classifieds at all (partially because I just purchased a piece of land and had a kid). I have to say I have learned a few things jus by reading and will ask questions as I need but I’m sure I won’t throw out my dumba** opinions as much now but I will continue to follow and learn and maybe help out where I can. This place if filled with endless knowledge and entertainment that I plan to use in the future.

As for increasing the limit. I think 50 is enough. I would have given up if I wasn’t enjoying myself befor I got to 50.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For what it’s worth, (not much) I did not feel like it was a good old boys club at all. Granted, I had lurked for a while, but just barged right in and tried to leave some good info, some smelly opinions, and a lot of smart alexness. I got close to 50 and decided to support because it was so worth it. If you charged a dollar an hour I’d owe you a bunch so 20 is nothing.
    I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that this thread has gone 12 pages but here I am having read most of it and throwing my 2 cents in.

12 pages that's rookie numbers I see 4 pages.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

You need to change your settings, I'm only on page 4.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Come on, it took me a long time to get to this post count!

Hey, if we don't move the goal posts, people won't continually strive to better themselves. For example, I stopped posting "quality" posts after I got my 50. I mean. Why bother?

I think to mix things up, the goalpost placement should be random. I think we need to add an element of luck to the formula. So one day a crappy one liner counts, but the next day a well thought out and insightful post just doesn't cut it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Someone needs to ask so here goes. WTH is a quality post?

My first 50. :):

It's not really "quality" as most people would think of it. It's just a post which shows you're more interested in becoming part of the community than just reaching the minimum number of posts before you can use INGO for the classified section which people keep insisting INGO has.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Someone needs to ask so here goes. WTH is a quality post?

roundFencePostP.jpg

As opposed to:

21f00cf0edafdddd4302f59db36e827c--country-fences-old-fences.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’ll be honest I came for the classifieds. I don’t sell any but like to buy occasionally. Since then I have rather enjoyed reading the various topics and have spend many hours reading. I’m usually not someone who posts that often but I would throw my 2 cents in here and there to boost my post count. But now that I’ve gotten to past 50 posts it havnt looked through the classifieds at all (partially because I just purchased a piece of land and had a kid). I have to say I have learned a few things jus by reading and will ask questions as I need but I’m sure I won’t throw out my dumba** opinions as much now but I will continue to follow and learn and maybe help out where I can. This place if filled with endless knowledge and entertainment that I plan to use in the future.

As for increasing the limit. I think 50 is enough. I would have given up if I wasn’t enjoying myself before I got to 50.

Glad to see you have stayed and see what a resource INGO is.

As for the part I bolded for emphasis, that is exactly the purpose of the 50... If someone either rushes through the 50 to get to the classifieds (which is obvious) and they get reported, and their post count busted back, or they give up before the 50, it's typically their loss, and not ours.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As for increasing the limit. I think 50 is enough. I would have given up if I wasn’t enjoying myself befor I got to 50.

The WTB Forum is a large draw to this site. We are aware of this. The rules are simple and put there for good reason.
    Glad you stuck around.

For those that do not appreciate some of the off brand humor that seems to bleed into a thread after the topic has been discussed/dissected/put back together again well........:dunno:

Thats what happens when folks tend to be familiar with each other. If they go to far off the rails well, say something or just stop looking. It is impossible for us to read every post in every thread even though we have been told that yes it is possible.....:):

Heck if not for spell check I would be lost.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    it would be nice to have a different way to encourage community memebership other than posting 50 "quality" posts. Not everyone wants to post all the time. Lots of lurkers, many of which do feel like part of the community.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If someone doesn't have anything to say, but wants to offer something to the community through a purchase or sale, I'm fine with that. Most of the topics here repeat on different rotations anyway. The more active people are the more likely they are to repeat leading to the same inevitable arguments and conversations. The classifieds will attract shooters who may be introverted or quiet, but will come in once every couple years with a profound statement that it's worth 500 posts of a "regular" dating the same thing time after time, or a post padder popcorn emojing everything or repeating a post upload they agree with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom