Can some please explain this shirt to me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Denver police ‘Beat the Crowds’ T-shirt no laughing matter, protesters charge | The Colorado Independent

The_flyer.jpg

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sense of humor

It depends on your sense of humor. Many years ago a buddy and I sold several hundred t-shirts which read "Call 911 for the @$$ kicking of your life". The overwhelming majority were sold to non-officers who thought they were very funny. My buddy was on MCSD and the sheriff his-own-self didn't think much of them. Everybody else liked 'em.

There are those who are determined to be offended but sometimes ya' just gotta' laugh!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It seems like I've seen the pic before, but I can't be sure. While I know that all/most cops aren't like this, it certainly makes them all look bad when turds like this are allowed to roam free, flaunting their ****ty attitudes.

In a perfect world, the ******* who brought up the concept of a shirt like that would be beat down and humiliated by his own peers, but sadly, that's not the way it works anymore in a lot of locales.

No law against being an offensive jerk off (especially if you're on the right team), and in most cases, such as this one, it shows the ill intent of the idiot in question, but disgusting none the less.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Benny, do you take pictures of every offensive shirt you see or just the ones worn by cops? I personally wouldn't wear it because it isn't in good taste, but I also don't post pictures of the anti-police t-shirts I have seen being worn.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It seems like I've seen the pic before, but I can't be sure. While I know that all/most cops aren't like this, it certainly makes them all look bad when turds like this are allowed to roam free, flaunting their ****ty attitudes.

No, it doesn't make all of them look bad. It makes the one(s) wearing it look bad.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Benny, do you take pictures of every offensive shirt you see or just the ones worn by cops? I personally wouldn't wear it because it isn't in good taste, but I also don't post pictures of the anti-police t-shirts I have seen being worn.

1. I didn't take this picture, I just saw it today and thought it was terribly unprofessional. Bragging about beating people doesn't sit well with me.

2. this may be the first pic of an offensive t shirt I've ever posted, so to answer your question, no. I do not take/post pictures of every offensive t shirt I see.

I also wouldn't wear an anti police shirt, because I'm not anti police. I'm not a fan of the broad brush.

No, it doesn't make all of them look bad. It makes the one(s) wearing it look bad.

Agreed.

I do think there is a difference between a citizen wearing an anti police shirt and a cop wearing a shirt bragging about beating citizens though.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    1. I didn't take this picture, I just saw it today and thought it was terribly unprofessional. Bragging about beating people doesn't sit well with me.

I never assumed you took the picture. I also think it is unprofessional but like I said, I have seen plenty of derogatory anti-police shirts, and have never took a picture of one to post on a police-friendly website. This thread is going to turn into more of the same us vs. Them bull**** (from both sides) that this site really doesn't need.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    This shirt was sold to officers by the Denver Police Protective Association. The union representing over 1400 of Denver's finest. Nearly 2000 were sold. This was not the act of a rogue cop. This was clearly an organized effort. This IS the place to discuss these topics and no body should try to tell us not to discuss them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This shirt was sold to officers by the Denver Police Protective Association. The union representing over 1400 of Denver's finest. Nearly 2000 were sold. This was not the act of a rogue cop. This was clearly an organized effort. This IS the place to discuss these topics and no body should try to tell us not to discuss them.

Ok, so there are 2000 *******s with the t-shirts. I stand by my belief that this thread is going to go to ****. I've said my piece and am done.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    LEO or not, some people are just flat out d-bags. It's human nature regardless of your profession. Some people are awesome and some people are jerks. Seeing a police officer wear a shirt like this in no way makes me have the "cops are all power hungry a-holes" miindset. It makes me think THIS guy might be a power hungry a-hole. Or maybe it was just meant as a joke. Poor taste, yes, but still a joke. I truly hope this doesn't turn into another cop bashing thread. Just because one guy might or might not be a colossal douche doesn't mean a whole group of people are the same.

Top Bottom