Can some please explain this shirt to me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Benny, do you take pictures of every offensive shirt you see or just the ones worn by cops?
    Can't answer for Benny, but lots of times I take pictures of DoucheShirts no matter the content.
    LEO or not, some people are just flat out d-bags.

Yeah, exactly ^.
    I took this one at a town festival of a guy who got out of a car with plates that weren't local. He was more than welcome to drop his happy ass back in the driver's seat and turn around to head for home.

Kruse09+049.jpg

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    Shirt seems to be in very bad taste. It instills the person wearing it with a "right" or "justification" to do what the shirt states.

I totally respect law-enforcement but this is not good.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow. I thought it was hilarious. Okay, well, maybe not hilarious, but it made me chuckle. And this is coming from the girl that thinks 95% of the show of force videos shared around here show the police going too far.

But then I don't operate as if every component of life that has a serious nature is a sacred cow either. To each his own.

That one guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    What if it was the other way around? What if some people, with the upper hand and better equipped, beat the hell out of a bunch of cops, then 2000 of them had shirts bragging about it?

Would that be ok with you frank?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    It's a two way street. One of the oldest ones I can think of that gets certain people riled up is the phrase "kill em all, let god sort em out".

Or

"America, we'll free the **** outa you"

It's just one of your average 'attitude' shirts.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I thought the shirt was funny, but then i have a dark sense of humor.

I've done "Non-lethal" and riot control training, and even during training i've seen how **** can get out of control real fast. While you are wearing your gear you can't hear anything other than the guy next to you and the crowd screaming, even when you have someone behind you with a bullhorn shouting instructions.

Last time i did riot control training, we sent two Marines to the hospital. **** gets pretty primal when it is only 15 of you and over 200 of them, all who sound like they want to beat the **** out of you.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Not that I condone such actions but sometimes people deserve / need to have the liven crap beat out of them by the police:twocents:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't like thinking the worst, so I'll see if someone has a positive explanation for this shirt before I think he's a sack of ****.

As Kirk said, it's gallows humor. However, the humor is generally only understandable within the group. "Outsiders" generally do not understand it or will be offended by it. I certainly would not wear it on shirt. We joke among ourselves at homicide scenes but they should never be overheard by anyone else for fear of people thinking we are horrible people with no consciences when the inverse is actually true. I think it's poor taste to advertise the dark humor we acquire while on the job but passing judgement on the wearer is not fair either.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    As Kirk said, it's gallows humor. However, the humor is generally only understandable within the group. "Outsiders" generally do not understand it or will be offended by it. I certainly would not wear it on shirt. We joke among ourselves at homicide scenes but they should never be overheard by anyone else for fear of people thinking we are horrible people with no consciences when the inverse is actually true. I think it's poor taste to advertise the dark humor we acquire while on the job but passing judgement on the wearer is not fair either.

I have a friend in the medical profession and his dark sense of humor is a defense strategy that helps him cope. He helps fix broken children and most of the time he wins - but sometimes the grim reaper does.

He doesn't wear a t-shirt depicting a dead kid with some funny slogan under it though. Even though he and I would get it the public would think he was a monster.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I have a friend in the medical profession and his dark sense of humor is a defense strategy that helps him cope. He helps fix broken children and most of the time he wins - but sometimes the grim reaper does.

He doesn't wear a t-shirt depicting a dead kid with some funny slogan under it though. Even though he and I would get it the public would think he was a monster.

Now you are just talking shades of gray. So he is worse than you since he wears a shirt about what he and his buddies joke about? Gallows humor always offends people with sensitive sensibilities, and that is a good thing. That means those people have never had to live through that experience, which are almost always unpleasant.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Now you are just talking shades of gray. So he is worse than you since he wears a shirt about what he and his buddies joke about? Gallows humor always offends people with sensitive sensibilities, and that is a good thing. That means those people have never had to live through that experience, which are almost always unpleasant.

I'm just saying that when you wear your darkness on the outside you should be prepared for the people with finer sensibilities to react to it.

Like I said in my first post in this thread - I think the t-shirt is funny.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's Funny, INGO.

If you had a sick and twisted sense of humor, you would get it. (or any at all)

Maybe more beer would help. :40oz:

Example - This won't be funny for another year or so but it is both sick and twisted.

I ran the Boston marathon and all I got was this stupid shirt.

Disgusting? Yes.
    Offensive? Yes.
    Bad Taste? Yes.
    Cross the Line? By a Mile.
    Funny? Depends on the individual.
    Too Early? Way.

All these are main ingredients for sick and twisted.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What if it was the other way around? What if some people, with the upper hand and better equipped, beat the hell out of a bunch of cops, then 2000 of them had shirts bragging about it?

Would that be ok with you frank?

He never said he was ok with it. Yes, he questioned me about posting it, but said he wouldn't wear it because it isn't in good taste.

It's Funny, INGO.

If you had a sick and twisted sense of humor, you would get it. (or any at all)

If people knew some of the **** I laugh laugh at, they'd probably want my guns taken away from me. I just think when you are in a position of power, you shouldn't wear crap like this. Like Denny said, laugh amongst yourselves, don't advertise the joke to everyone. It makes you look like a douche bag bully...which is the worst possible quality you can have if you are in law enforcement. Well, at least for citizens.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I'm just saying that when you wear your darkness on the outside you should be prepared for the people with finer sensibilities to react to it.

Like I said in my first post in this thread - I think the t-shirt is funny.

People's reactions don't bother me much since i get them from my tattoos anyway. I have several shirts that would be viewed as dark humor, but i'm selective about where i wear them since i know everyone else may not like them. It's like with my cursing, i do it all the time and i don't give a **** about who doesn't like it, but i don't do it around children or people i think it will upset because i chose not to. I'm not an "in your face" type of guy, but i'm willing to throw down if someone wants to play, you can't live forever.

Some buddies of mine and I just got a new shirt that reads "I don't need sex, i get ****ed by the government every day." On the back it reads "Semper ****ed". It's funny because i work for the government.

Top Bottom