• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This can be defined in a single word. When he goes to the foothills of Delaware, they have to be blocked off. Traveling 17,000 miles. I don't know that for a fact.

Delaware has foothills?
    Shuting down the 495 and all the roads around andrews for 45 min during rush hours or any other time would be a catastrophic traffic bi-weekly nightmare.
    Im not buying it, I would have been told by family months ago.
    And It would have been national news a year ago.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not sticking up for biden,
    What facts do you have that 495 and the other roads near the air strips at Andrews are shut down for him?
    Suitland Parkway is closer to the beltway end of the air strips.
    Do you understand how many roads and commuters that would affect?
    Allentown Rd
    Rt 5
    Rt4
    Suitland parkway

Not once have I heard any of my family or friends that commute DC mention any of this.
    Well apparently they do not tell you everything…

“The president's visits to Delaware typically affect heavily trafficked roads, including I-95, Route 141 and Commons Boulevard, around the evening post-work rush hour.”

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Well apparently they do not tell you everything…

“The president's visits to Delaware typically affect heavily trafficked roads, including I-95, Route 141 and Commons Boulevard, around the evening post-work rush hour.”

Thats in Delaware, that ain't Andrews Air Force Base on I95-495 where he boards AF1 to leave and return to DC during rush hour.
    Not a lot of traffic in Delaware.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Gents, some of you misread the post on road closures. Op states twice that the road closures were in Delaware.

In DC, blocking off roads from the WH to Andrews would definitely cause havoc — that’s why Presidents take Marine One from WH lawn to Andrews AFB. Don’t know how the current resident of the WH gets to DE, but probably not by Air Force One. Maybe Marine One all the way?

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Delaware has foothills?
    Shuting down the 495 and all the roads around andrews for 45 min during rush hours or any other time would be a catastrophic traffic bi-weekly nightmare.
    listen to the original video :lmfao:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Gents, some of you misread the post on road closures. Op states twice that the road closures were in Delaware.

In DC, blocking off roads from the WH to Andrews would definitely cause havoc — that’s why Presidents take Marine One from WH lawn to Andrews AFB. Don’t know how the current resident of the WH gets to DE, but probably not by Air Force One. Maybe Marine One all the way?
    listen to the original video :lmfao:

The OPs first post has nothing to do with shutting down highways. Nothing on Delaware at all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just accompanied my wife to a business meeting and was talking to a lawyer from Delaware. He told me that Biden flies back to his house in Delaware EVERY weekend.

The result being that the Secret Service shuts down I-95 next to the airport for 45 minutes during rush hour every Friday evening and Monday morning!

Yet another example of something that you can easily imagine how the media would respond if a Republican were doing that.
    The OPs first post has nothing to do with shutting down highways. Nothing on Delaware at all.
    Hmmm…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Delaware has foothills?
    I don't know why you doubt this. I remember Obama flying out of Chicago and shutting down the whole Loop at the beginning of rush hour for his trip to Ohare. Then he ran late and it lasted a few hours. This happened a number of times while he was President.

Why would it be national news? It is what Presidents do. They do not care about the little people when they are travelling. Tens of thousands are inconvenienced, meh.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't know why you doubt this. I remember Obama flying out of Chicago and shutting down the whole Loop at the beginning of rush hour for his trip to Ohare. Then he ran late and it lasted a few hours. This happened a number of times while he was President.

Why would it be national news? It is what Presidents do. They do not care about the little people when they are travelling. Tens of thousands are inconvenienced, meh.
    THIS!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    When I made the post about what the guy in Delaware told me about Biden shutting down I-95 in Delaware I figured someone would debate whether it was really every weekend, or whether the media would treat Republicans differently, something like that. I don't know, just related what the guy told me and my interpretation of it.

I was a bit surprised to revisit the thread this morning and see someone was debating whether I-495 in DC gets shut down. Huh? Where the heck did that come from? Wow, just wow.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

The story is about Delaware, I was discussing I95/495 at DC's Andrews Air Force Base.
    Also where he flys in and out of on AF1.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The story is about Delaware, I was discussing I95/495 at DC's Andrews Air Force Base.
    Also where he flys in and out of on AF1.
    Seems to me you're the only one not getting it. The OP was talking about the roads around the airport in Delaware as related to him by a lawyer from Delaware. You've said that you don't buy it and then you start talking about the roads around DC's Andrews Air Base. A totally different location.

You say that you're calling BS on that story because you haven't seen or heard anything from family members about the traffic being tied up around DC's Andrews Air Base and that's probably because the President is transported from the WH to the base via Marine One as was pointed out up thread which shouldn't hamper traffic.

Now when he lands in Delaware it would only stand to reason that traffic around the area would be hampered because he would need to be transported via motorcade to his home and that is what the OP was talking about. Didn't have anything to do with what you're talking about. You're the one that veered off and made it about DC.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Seems to me you're the only one not getting it. The OP was talking about the roads around the airport in Delaware as related to him by a lawyer from Delaware. You've said that you don't buy it and then you start talking about the roads around DC's Andrews Air Base. A totally different location.

You say that your calling BS on that story because you haven't seen or heard anything from family members about the traffic being blocked around DC's Andrews Air Base and that's probably because the President is transported from the WH to the base via Marine One as was pointed out up thread which shouldn't hamper traffic.

Now when he lands in Delaware it would only stand to reason that traffic around the area would be hampered because he would need to be transported via motorcade to his home and that is what the OP was talking about. Didn't have anything to do with what you're talking about. You're the one that veered off and made it about DC.
    And I think Creedmoor also got confused about who people are referring to as "OP". OP this case refers not to the original poster of this thread, but the one who originally brought up the discussion of closures, ie, rob63. At least, that's the only justification I can think of for Creedmoor's claim that "The OPs first post has nothing to do with shutting down highways. Nothing on Delaware at all."

Top Bottom