• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Oh boy, UNLOADED OC, that's gonna prevent..... what excactly?

Easier target for theft when the BG knows that it's not allowed to be loaded... I wouldn't carry a gun unloaded... Might as well just throw a rock...

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Unloaded Oc is gtg currently. you can Can carry a hundered loaded mags on your belt, so long as the gun is empty you are ok. So just practice those reloads.

I'd rather jump through that hoop then have to deal with the carry laws illinios, not every state is as rational as Arizona, in regards to handgunb laws.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh boy, UNLOADED OC, that's gonna prevent..... what excactly?

Easier target for theft when the BG knows that it's not allowed to be loaded... I wouldn't carry a gun unloaded... Might as well just throw a rock...

Baby steps for our brothers/sisters in CA. Unlike the rest of the nation (minus WI and IL) CA **IS** the mecca of anti-2A. Yes we think it very odd of why OC with an unloaded gun but a gun in any shape, form, size, color, etc to CA "polotics" is evil.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Where to shoot in NWI (ie Ranges)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Rockhound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Could it be that the residents of Kali are waking up? eh, maybe, but I doubt it.

About all the OC empty gun carry is worth is political statements in populated areas (see OCDO forum) and convenience for rural folk...

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I would like to know where and when the Supreme Court has said "reasonable" restrictions on firearms were constitutionally permissible.

I remember them saying, in dicta, that rational basis scrutiny was insufficient to protect important 2nd Amendment rights.

If anyone knows where the 'reasonable restrictions are allowed' language is, please let me know.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Why OC or CC a hg that doesn't have bullets. Would this be the law for the residents of Mayberry.
    Do you understand that Indiana gun laws are, in some ways, more restrictive than this? You can't even take your unloaded pistol to the range to practice shooting without a LTCH in Indiana!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I would like to know where and when the Supreme Court has said "reasonable" restrictions on firearms were constitutionally permissible.

I remember them saying, in dicta, that rational basis scrutiny was insufficient to protect important 2nd Amendment rights.

If anyone knows where the 'reasonable restrictions are allowed' language is, please let me know.
    While I agree with you, I still have to put up with what the SCOTUS decided.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Do you understand that Indiana gun laws are, in some ways, more restrictive than this? You can't even take your unloaded pistol to the range to practice shooting without a LTCH in Indiana!
    Yes I'm aware of it. If your going to walk around with it for protection, what good is a residents gun without bullets is all I'm saying. Maybe to give the bg a fair chance.:eek::dunno:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    This part confuses me. Maybe i dont understand politics well enough but it doesnt seem like 1 vote would be the majority here

Monday's 20-16 vote fell one short of the majority needed, but the Senate will reconsider the measure Tuesday.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Heller. You'll understand the language by the end of the year. Well, maybe next year.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This part confuses me. Maybe i dont understand politics well enough but it doesnt seem like 1 vote would be the majority here

A couple of years ago, there was a bill before the IN Senate that would have been very good for us. When the vote was counted, it was 25-23, with two Senators excused (both had cancer and have since died.)

You would look at this and think the bill passed, however it failed a Constitutional majority by a single vote. To pass our Senate, a bill must receive a majority (26) of the total number of Senators (50).

I do not know Kalif***edup's statutes on legislature votes, however that one additional vote would have made 7/12 of the total number of votes cast, or 59%. I'm not sure why the one was enough to keep it down, but I'm glad it did.

No sense giving the other side something to use as ammo against us.

Blessings,
    Bill

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    So if i visit Cali can I take a weapon and carry as long as its unloaded and I have a mag in my pocket???? Also could you put a mag in and then just not chamber the weapon? It's not loaded unless its chambered. Having something that might take a few steps is better than not having anything at all. I hope they fix the laws out there.... sooner better than later.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So if i visit Cali can I take a weapon and carry as long as its unloaded and I have a mag in my pocket???? Also could you put a mag in and then just not chamber the weapon? It's not loaded unless its chambered. Having something that might take a few steps is better than not having anything at all. I hope they fix the laws out there.... sooner better than later.

Stop trying to use logic to figure out what you can do in that place. Do you really expect a state that considers a rifle with a handgrip "an assault weapon" to understand the difference between a weapon being "loaded" or "unloaded"?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Probably better to carry your handgun in an upside down holster....grab the barrel and throw at the BG....maybe a Gerber sport axe would work in that case though....

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN

Its my understanding that you can have loaded mags they just can't be in the gun. but I'm sure the california section of opencarry.org would be more clearly able to answer that question, with an FAQ that states the law, and current interpretations of it

Top Bottom