NWI, North of US-30
    Where:
    Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area
    Rifle/Shotgun/Handgun
    Range: Pulaski CR 200W, .25
    mile north of CR 500N, Winamac 46996
    (574) 946-4422
    PDF Map: http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw_Winamac_map.pdf
    The range is right above circle #4 on the map.
    You can see it from the side of the road. DO NOT follow the sign for the SKEET RANGE that goes EAST INTO the park.

How To Get There:
    From the Griffith/Highland, IN area
    1) Take US 30 EAST
    2) Take RT 39 SOUTH
    3) Take RT 10 EAST

Now either
    4) Take Co. Rd 800 N (gravel road) which will become Co. Rd. N. 200 W SOUTH & you will see the range on your left hand side
    or
    4) Take US 35 SOUTH
    5) Take C. Rd 500 N WEST
    6) Take Co. Rd. 200 W NORTH (gravel road) & you will see the range on your right hand side.

When:
    SATURDAY, 18 SEP 2010
    Time: 10am CST (Chicago Time) @ the 25 yard range

For those of you who have not been to Winamac range please see these AAR:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/943648-post67.html
    and
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...on_report.html
    and
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...d_shoot-8.html

Here is an image of what the 25' yard looks like:
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jediagh/guns/nwi-ingo/nwi-ingo_05-outing_001.jpg

Attendance:
    Jediagh + 3
    melensdad
    [strike]Cigar Bob[/strike]
    [STRIKE]Woodrow + 1[/STRIKE]
    geronimojoe85
    Tropper Lefty
    Andy219
    [STRIKE]451_Detonics[/STRIKE]
    9mmJV
    [strike]johncarbaugh + 1[/strike]
    Clif45
    Baldeagle

Maybes:
    chevy51deluxe
    JeronimoJoe85
    tem375

Equipment:
    Handguns
    1911 [.45] (Jedi has limited ammo please bring if you want to shoot)
    Puma 1911-22 [.22] (geronimojoe85)
    Sig Saur P226 [.40 S&W] (Andy219)
    S&W 500 Revolver [.500 S&W] (Andy219)
    Ruger GP 100 [.357 Mag or .38 Special] (Andy219)
    Hi-Point [.40 S&W] (Andy219) (Andy219's Hi-Point is know as The Equalizer)
    xdm-40 [.40] (Clif45 said to bring ammo he is out)
    Raven MP-25 25 acp (Clif45 will have ammo)

S&W pre model 10 revolver. 38 special. light loads preferred (Clif45)
    Bushy Carbon-15 pistol [caliber :dunno:] (BaldEagle)

Rifle
    WASR-10 (7.62x39) (Jedi will have ammo)
    Ruger 10/22 with Tech Sights (.22LR) (Jedi will have ammo)
    Ruger 10/22 (.22LR) (Jedi will have ammo)
    Ruger 10/22 (.22LR) (Clif45 will have ammo)
    AR-15 (6.5 Grendel) (Melensdad will have ammo)
    Yugo SKS (caliber :dunno:) Tropper Lefty
    AR (caliber :dunno:) Tropper Lefty
    Winchester 9422 (caliber :dunno:) Tropper Lefty
    Garand (.30-30) Tropper Lefty
    [strike]10/22 [.22LR] (johncarbaugh)[/strike]
    S&W MP-15 [.223] (Clif45)

Shotgun
    Please note we can only use #4 or smaller shells on the 25' yard range. Birdshot is OK as well. You can use other loads on the 100' yard range.

Mossberg 500 w/ SpecOps Stock [12 gauge] (Jedi will have ammo)
    Itacha Shotgun [20 gauge] (Andy219)
    Moss 500 [12g] (johncarbaugh)
    Marlin 60 goose gun 12 ga (Clif45)

Food:
    I would like a volunteer or two to handle the food stuff. Donations or members bringing in items would work. However the "food committee" wants to deal with this is OK with me.

NWI INGO Food Committee Chair #1: :dunno:
    NWI INGO Food Committee Chair #2: :dunno:

We are allowed to bring food (ie small gas grills) onto the range. Last time hot dogs were cooked on a small propane grill, chips, brownies, cake and cookies were brought along with sodas and lemonade.

Please pitch in by bringing something if you can.

Food Items Coming
    5 gallon cooler with lemonade by jediagh
    Folding card table for items by jediagh
    Cups for the lemonade by jediagh
    Napkins by jediagh

2 packs of hot dogs (16 total) by jediagh
    2 packs of buns for hot dogs (16 total) by jediagh
    hot dogs by melensdad
    buns by melensdad
    mustard by melensdad
    ketchup by melensdad
    relish by melensdad
    Grill by melensdad
    German Potato Salad by baldeagle
    brats by baldeagle

Case of water & cooler by Andy219

NWI INGO Range Officer:
    I would like a volunteer or two to handle being the offical INGO 25' range officer and have us as a group go over the rules and observe us all on the line.

NWI INGO RO #1: :dunno:
    NWI INGO RO #2: :dunno:

Additional Volunteers: :dunno:

Jediagh will be bringing the NWI INGO Range Day Rules flyer that AuntieBellum put together.

Plywood Donation for the Range:
    DNR can only put new plywood up on Mondays. I would like for us as a group to donate some money to get new plywood for the 25' yard (3 plywoods) and see if someone can bring it. Either on Sat/Sun when we go or the Monday of the week we go to have it up for us. DNR advised that the state has tighten their funds so they can't always put fresh plywood up. The 11 JUL 10 outing plywood was heavily damaged before we got there and I'm sure by the time we left it was even worse.

NWI INGO Plywood Person:
    Clif45

Donations were taken last time and we gave the DNR 6 pieces of plywood. :rockwoot:Clif45 has enough money for 6 more plywood for this go-around. Donations will be appreciated so we can bring plywood again in OCT as well.

Need free printable targets? Try this post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/79176-free_targets.html

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I will bring hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard & relish along with a BBQ grill for cooking them.

As for other food, please remember we have NO picnic tables or benches out there so the food you bring should be 'finger friendly' for eating. Pre-cut brownies, rice-krispy treats, cookies or other snacks that do not require a plate, knife/fork for eating would be great. Chips would be good. If a couple people can bring a case of water in coolers that would be great, must stay hydrated.

As for guns, not sure which handguns, but I'll probably bring back the long range 6.5 Grendel chambered AR15 set up (and some ammo) because I want to get more time on the 200 yard range. Others are welcome to shoot this gun, just ask.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does anyone have any of the following equipment that they could take please.

- AK-74 I would like my wife to try and fire this since she did not care for my WASR-10.
    - XDm in 9mm
    - an FNP any caliber (preferably .40)
    - a Hi-Point HANDGUN

thanks!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Jediagh wants to shoot a Hi-Point HANDGUN, what a revolting development this is. Lowering the standards even more than one thought possible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jediagh wants to shoot a Hi-Point HANDGUN, what a revolting development this is. Lowering the standards even more than one thought possible.

Well I do live in NORTHERN LAKE COUNTY so I think I should at least see/try out what the natives try out. Besides the std. were lowered once we allowed all you non-northern lake county folks to attend. :laugh::laugh:

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    You can count on me and old guy being there. You know I will bring the cigars so Bob you will not have to. What else can I do to help let me know..Any pipe smokers I have plenty of samples of that as well as cigars. Let me know..

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Some day you guys really need to show me how to work these post I feel I miss out alot and where do you guys get the smiley faces at and all the art work??

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Cigar Bob when you do a "quick reply" (located at the bottom of the page) there is a button called "Go Advanced". If you click on that button the page changes and a slew of smiles appear on the right side which you can add to your post. Click on the MORE link and there are many more.

like this...
    :D:rolleyes::xmad::noway::popcorn::ingo::draw::twocents::n00b::patriot::ar15::welcome::+1:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I didn't know Northwest Indiana had natives. Thank god I'm a transplant from Illinois and still looking out for the NWI natives. Does anyone have pictures or what to look out for if I should run into one of these natives?

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    You can count on me and old guy being there. You know I will bring the cigars so Bob you will not have to. What else can I do to help let me know..Any pipe smokers I have plenty of samples of that as well as cigars. Let me know..

The Monte Cruz was an excellent recommendation. I found a box on line--Christmas present from the wife I think. We really look forward to seeing everyone again. I'm glad you're turning out regularly, Bob.

Oldguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Unfortunately I will be going to a Church Security Seminar in Lima, Ohio on Sept 18th. So I will miss the INGO Meet & Shoot event. Bummer. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and shooting at the August event. Thank you for your hospitality.

By the way, the Church Security Seminar will include some training in "active shooter" situations. For those of us who carry as church security people this training is hard to come by and we need as much as we can get.

I am really disappointed however that I will be missing the Sept 18th INGO event. Have FUN.

Oldguy

Oldguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Unfortunately I will be going to a Church Security Seminar in Lima, Ohio on Sept 18th. So I will miss the INGO Meet & Shoot event. Bummer. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and shooting at the August event. Thank you for your hospitality.

By the way, the Church Security Seminar will include some training in "active shooter" situations. For those of us who carry as church security people this training is hard to come by and we need as much as we can get.

I am really disappointed however that I will be missing the Sept 18th INGO event. Have FUN.

Oldguy

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster

Oldguy

Sounds like a great opportunity. I enjoyed talking to you at the last meet. Enjoy the seminar. It sounds very (for lack of a better word), progressive. The church is taking some very wise steps.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport

I am a pipe smoker.
    I am going to try to make it. Might have a new shooter with me that wants to try some hand guns. I know I will have my 10/22 and I might have a couple of other long guns I am looking into buying from someone.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'll be there. I've got a puma 1911-22 NIB that needs to get broken in. I hope it won't still be NIB by sept, but you never know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom