• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greffy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Los Angeles County
    A state's ability to apply reasonable deadlines and fees to appear on the ballot can in no way be stretched to encompass such arbitrary and intrusive requirements. That said, if I was Trump I would have Republicans in The House introduce a bill to require ALL candidates for national office to release their tax returns at least three months before standing in any election and then stand back and watch it go down in flames. Then I would hit the Democrats for the hypocrites that they almost certainly are

Good idea actually. I would personally take note of all those who voted against this proposal.
    Alternatively and additionally, this concept would make an excellent requirement to include in any legislation to overrule the Citizens United SCOTUS decision.
    This ought IMO definitely to apply to the officers of Corporations who love to hide behind the fiction of 'Corporate Personhood, whether they are running for office or not.
    The privileges afforded by Corporatization (incorporation) ought to come with responsibilities to The American Public, 'The People' for whom The Constitution alleges to stand.
    Seems like they get to buy their way out of jail all the time now.

Off the soapbox now.
    Greffy

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So do we get to see Pelosi, Feinstein, Harris, and all the other fruits and nuts tax returns?

We should. I have said this to every progressive snow flake idiot I can that lets all put our returns up for public scrutiny and lets see how that plays out.
    Responses vary but always end up with a no. Good for the goose and all that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We should. I have said this to every progressive snow flake idiot I can that lets all put our returns up for public scrutiny and lets see how that plays out.
    Responses vary but always end up with a no. Good for the goose and all that.
    It always boils down to, yeah, but Trump....

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Would be funny if he did release and we saw all sorts of donations to charities that serve minorities.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    1. Brilliant move
    President DJT is not going to win California anyway let them not allow him on the ballot this will give him leverage “Look California is so crazy I cannot even be on the ballot” that looks unfair even to a somewhat small minded person.

2. Right before the election release the taxes President DJT is not a tax cheat of he would have seen jail many years ago.

BTW
    If you have never dealt with the IRS outside of normal payroll taxes and filling a return, the IRS is no joke and dig though everything.

If anyone is reading this from the IRS I hope you are having a great day !

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe the same thing that if Trump’s taxes turned up anything hinky by now the IRS most certainly would have brought attention to it already.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe the same thing that if Trump’s taxes turned up anything hinky by now the IRS most certainly would have brought attention to it already.

Well only if it's illegal. It's not illegal to misrepresent you wealth and charitable contributions, to the public. I don't think it's legality he's worried about, more so than how he's personally portrayed himself.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well only if it's illegal. It's not illegal to misrepresent you wealth and charitable contributions, to the public. I don't think it's legality he's worried about, more so than how he's personally portrayed himself.
    You could be right. Perhaps he’s not exactly as wealthy as he touts.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    While Trump has no chance to win California, don't forget that pesky Interstate Compact that's going around where states agree to throw their Electoral College votes to the winner of the popular vote. Trump won't _win_ California, but he'll certainly get millions of votes, which might turn out to be crucial if the Interstate Compact is allowed to stand.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    That would be funny. More than likely it would be donations to the "Wannabe Evil Global Dictator Foundation."

Perhaps you haven't see the pictures of Trump with Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson at some event where he's being thanked for contributing to the African American community. Or the pictures where he's accepting awards from the NAACP for his charitable contributions to them. Funny how he wasn't a "racist" until he decided to run for President on the Republican ticket.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Perhaps you haven't see the pictures of Trump with Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson at some event where he's being thanked for contributing to the African American community. Or the pictures where he's accepting awards from the NAACP for his charitable contributions to them. Funny how he wasn't a "racist" until he decided to run for President on the Republican ticket.

Don't Denny up the thread with facts and ruin the beat down.

There are some good points being made but all of these facts are so easily found.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't care what the letter is behind a candidate's name (notice I didn't say "man"); yes a tax return can show you something of his character but what's next? Personal health information, bedroom preferences, favorite cereals? So some people started voluntarily making this info available years ago, if it's needed it should become a federal law and affect all retroactively. Since it's so "important" it's only right! Gotta go work on the boat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Have you ever seen my opinions concerning Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson? They care about the Black Community about as much as I care for vanilla ice topped with relish and hot sauce. They are pariahs, well more concerned with fame and lining their own pockets than do work to help people.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    While Trump has no chance to win California, don't forget that pesky Interstate Compact that's going around where states agree to throw their Electoral College votes to the winner of the popular vote. Trump won't _win_ California, but he'll certainly get millions of votes, which might turn out to be crucial if the Interstate Compact is allowed to stand.

We all know if Trump won the popular vote they would drop that compact pledge faster than a crackhead drops a deuce on the streets of San Fransisco.

Top Bottom