Cali Politician press conference: YOU CAN BE SHOT BY AN UNLOADED GUN!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    funny, I have... go read the stories about people getting shot by "unloaded" firearms at gun shows, or finding fully loaded firearms that were supposedly cleared... they're all over these forums..

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I know what she thinks she is saying, but the law is UNLOADED not "unloaded" A truly UNLOADED gun is a paperweight.

The way she worded it, making no distinction between the two and since she said they're are a threat in either condition, she therefore came across as an idiot.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    funny, I have... go read the stories about people getting shot by "unloaded" firearms at gun shows, or finding fully loaded firearms that were supposedly cleared... they're all over these forums..

As in a gun that metaphysically did not have a bullet in it? That's awesome.

She did not say a gun that people THOUGHT was unloaded. She said an unloaded gun. As in no bullet. As in pull the trigger and nothing happens, because the striker falls on an empty chamber. Except someone gets hurt. Somehow. I guess guns are evil and magic, all in one!

With the price of ammo currently, I would like to have one of these unloaded guns that nevertheless shoots. At least two folks in America apparently have a lead on where I can get one.

I think Carolyn "Barrel Shroud" McCarthy has a rival on the other coast. Maybe they could go toe-to-toe on The View and dazzle us with their insight.

ButchP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    You cannot be shot by an unloaded gun. You can be shot by a gun that you thought was unloaded, but in fact was not.
    The lesson is the same as rule of thumb. ALWAYS treat every gun as if it is loaded when handling it, and open and inspect the chamber to make certain that it in fact IS unloaded.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    You cannot be shot by an unloaded gun. You can be shot by a gun that you thought was unloaded, but in fact was not.
    The lesson is the same as rule of thumb. ALWAYS treat every gun as if it is loaded when handling it, and open and inspect the chamber to make certain that it in fact IS unloaded.

Well, yes, but that thing that goes up on the shoulder always gets in the way! ;)

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    This proves that the legislators and anti gunners shouldn't own firearms...

What do we think about making it illegal for them to own firearms, Or be protected with them? So perhaps they're subject to us again? Like they're supposed to be!?

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I understand and follow the 'rule' ...treat every gun as if it were loaded. We all do, hopefully.

But this woman is just wrong in so many ways.

I think I've said this before here, but at the risk of repeating myself: Piers Morgan (CNN) said the other night, "We need to get these semi-automatic weapons, that can shoot hundreds of rounds per second, off our streets".

That's an exact quote. Idiots.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Like you are saying GREEN, it's really the biggest hurdle to overcome...even Ted Cruz said it...people think these are machine guns. You explain it to them and suddenly they either quit replying, or come back with some excuse about not needing to understand the intricate details. I have never heard of a discussion about anything else in the world that was so outright lied about. If it was anything else...say catalytic coverters on cars it wouldn't work. Example: I say we should ban catalytic converters on cars because they become scary hot when used and are dangerous to have under the car. People steal them for money and they attract criminals...80% of the money from stolen catalytic converters is used to fund meth labs, we should ban them!!! They do not help the environment, they only und criminals and cause fires when parked over dry grass.

How long would it take for millions of responses telling me I'm an idiot and give me facts about what the good they do? These people are ready to sign in legislature for something they know nothin about and are arrogant enough to not care about the facts!

I once watched Pen an Teller walk around DC with a petition to do away with the right to protest...it was amazing to see how many people blindly signed away their rights without using thought of logic...good video if you can find it

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    I once watched Pen an Teller walk around DC with a petition to do away with the right to protest...it was amazing to see how many people blindly signed away their rights without using thought of logic...good video if you can find it

Here is a Penn and Teller video getting people to sign a petition to ban H2O......Water!

[ame="http://youtu.be/yi3erdgVVTw"]http://youtu.be/yi3erdgVVTw[/ame]

Top Bottom