• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABrad15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2023
    NW Indy
    As a Glock fanboy I think I now want to switch to other handguns I love the PDP too who has made the switch from Glock? What Glock were you carrying and what did you switch too? Thoughts after the switch?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Was carrying mostly a 43, or a 19, when I made the switch. First went M&P compact 2.0 and also bought a Shield 2.0, but before I even started carrying the Shield went to a P365.

Had started with Glock 21 and 30 combination, went to 23/27, then 26/19 and then 43/19 over the years of carrying Glocks.

Still have the M&P's

Still have a couple of 19's, as well.

That said almost exclusively carry a 365 with an XL module all the time now, and occasionally a 320 X-compact.

ABrad15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2023
    NW Indy
    Was carrying mostly a 43, or a 19, when I made the switch. First went M&P compact 2.0 and also bought a Shield 2.0, but before I even started carrying the Shield went to a P365.

Had started with Glock 21 and 30 combination, went to 23/27, then 26/19 and then 43/19 over the years of carrying Glocks.

Still have the M&P's

Still have a couple of 19's, as well.

That said almost exclusively carry a 365 with an XL module all the time now, and occasionally a 320 X-compact.
    I think I want to go to sig as well I am trading for a macro tacops for my summer carry and need to get over my fear of carrying a 320

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Carried a Glock but not a fan boy. Then switched to 1911 which which is like trading in the Corolla for a Raptor. Love driving that Raptor! But hard to beat the efficiency of the Corolla. Walthers seem to find a place because they are like Glocks but feel better. So yeah Glock, 1911, PPQ.

At the end of the day when I bought my son his first handgun it was a Glock.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I sold my RIA 1911 for a Glock 21. The 21 points more naturally for me. The kicker was the recoil (or lack thereof) with the G21. Well, 14 rounds instead of 8 doesn't hurt anything either. The 21 is my house gun; I'd never carry anything that big.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I carried Glocks in the beginning of my carry. Switched to M&P after Que’s post YEARS ago after learning how well they fit my hand too. I CC a p365 XL now, but anytime I’m carrying a compact or a full size, it’s one of my custom RDS m&ps. Unfortunately all built before they had OR m&ps. Lol

ABrad15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2023
    NW Indy
    I carried Glocks in the beginning of my carry. Switched to M&P after Que’s post YEARS ago after learning how well they fit my hand too. I CC a p365 XL now, but anytime I’m carrying a compact or a full size, it’s one of my custom RDS m&ps. Unfortunately all built before they had OR m&ps. Lol
    I want to give M&p a try as well

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I sold my RIA 1911 for a Glock 21. The 21 points more naturally for me. The kicker was the recoil (or lack thereof) with the G21. Well, 14 rounds instead of 8 doesn't hurt anything either. The 21 is my house gun; I'd never carry anything that big.
    Yep, the slide on a 21 is like an aircraft carrier. That said, it's an easy shooting gun.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    As a Glock fanboy I think I now want to switch to other handguns
    Why? What Glock do you carry now, how do you carry it? That information goes a long way into determining if there's something better out there for you. Are you looking to go to a subcompact slim option, or staying with a midsize belt carry?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I don't think Glocks are a bad CCW. After carrying KFrame S&W Revolvers for LEO work, Glocks were a welcome change. Have had a chance to fire all their calibers, except the 10mm.
    9mm, 40 S&W, 357 Sig, 45ACP, big frames and medium size frames. 27+ years in my holster.

Still have a KFrame, and a J frame S&W, RIA 1911A1, now a S&W Shield Plus.
    All truly will work, and carry any with confidence. Was told by old timers, "they are tools in your toolbox." So true.

If you decide to move on past Glock, good for you and learn the others too. I enjoy the many aspects of others, but still tote my G45-5. Confident and balanced, works for me.

WillH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    I carried a Glock 48 since they came out, but ended up trying out the p365 and haven't really looked back. With the pinky extension mags, it fits my hand like a glove. I shoot it better, it's more comfortable to conceal, and it hasn't once malfunctioned at the range. I still love Glocks though

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    With all the glocks for sale in the classifieds, it's got me wondering if the glock times are coming to an end. I don't ant cause i don't like them. I carry a walther pps m2. I have carried the px4 storm. My SR1911 i think is a lil too much to carry, but maybe in the future if i find the right shoulder holster i like.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The only thing about Glock is that they usually need a trigger upgrade to shoot nicely...
    Other than that, they are an excellent 'duty' level sidearm...and are great for EDC too.
    I've tried several other 'EDC' pistols, Beretta, H&K, Ruger S&W, Walther, etc., but have always came back to Glock, and the S&W Shield pistols - the Shield more for its thin concealability.
    I'm not a fan of the Sig Sauer 320, mainly for its grip angle...or the 365 for the same reason.
    I'm really more concerned about having an adequate caliber...as the pistol is just the platform from which it is launched...so choose a caliber that you can handle well.
    No matter which platform one choses, and there are a lot to choose from, find one that fits comfortably and points naturally in your grip, and then practice consistently...keeping in mind that everyone is different.
    Take a few classes on situational awareness as well as home and personal defense and learn the law(s) that pertain to self-defense. Knowledge is often the first line of defense.
    Best of luck...

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Son #2 came home from range day after joining the Sheriff’s Department and shooting a Glock 22 and said: Dad! You gotta shoot one of these!
    I told him I didn’t need a mighty Mattel, a plastic gun, I shot REAL guns…..
    Then I shot one.
    Needless to say, I’ve had some Glock ever since. One thing I’ve always had trouble with is the grip angle and point ability so….I got grip modules that had 1911 grip angles to them.
    Problem solved.
    In fact, I was carrying a Glock 47 configuration YEARS before Glock made one, YEARS!
    In fact, still my favorite “Glock”.

Recently though, I purchased a P365 X Macro and then a P365 X Macro TACOPS. I’ve had Sig P320’s all with X grip frames and love them dearly. I have two basic setups for them with a third possible: Full size, compact and could go with a “carry” configuration.

Just recently I did an 8’ drop test on my compact, no problemo. Some thing to remember:
    1911’s in the early day had issues too. They worked them out and created the A1.
    M9’s had issues in the beginning, they worked them out and had other versions come out too.
    The Gen 1 Glocks had KABOOMS with standard pressure ammo when they came out, that was fixed somewhere around Gen 3 or so.
    Sig had problems with the P320, they worked them out.

I switched to carrying Sigs for the rest of this year and part of next mainly because of the P365 purchases. Can’t spend $1400 plus and then just let them sit! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_9836.jpeg
      IMG_9836.jpeg
      616.5 KB · Views: 15
    • IMG_9835.jpeg
      IMG_9835.jpeg
      602.6 KB · Views: 15
    • IMG_9608.jpeg
      IMG_9608.jpeg
      462.7 KB · Views: 15

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    As a Glock fanboy I think I now want to switch to other handguns I love the PDP too who has made the switch from Glock? What Glock were you carrying and what did you switch too? Thoughts after the switch?

7hvrvs.jpg

Top Bottom