• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    I picked up a Bump Fire stock for my AR - $99. I've heard all the "Oh, it's a just a fun 'gimmick' a waste of ammo, not same as a 'real' full auto", blah-blah-blah. A buddy has a Slide Fire and we'd go out and blast away at P-Dogs and Tannerite and generally have a bast, literally. Fun stuff.

Moving to the Alexandria area - right dieselrealtor ?? So, are there any places out that way that will allow it? Seems more likely 'no'. Gonna be hard giving up that aspect of living in BFE ND.I currently can just go out on our property and :ar15: as long as the ammo holds out, and no one cares.

Thanks -
    ND in ND

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Welcome Nodonutz. You are correct. They are not the same as a full auto. They don't cost thousands of dollars. They don't require the paperwork and the wait and the tax stamp.
    I spent 22 1/2 years in combat arms in the Army. I retired as a Senior Infantry Sergeant. I shot everything from M16A1s to M2s, Uzis to MG42s. The first time I shot an AR15 with a Slide Fire stock (about a year and a half ago) I know I had an ear to ear grin. It brought back some great memories. Full auto does have it's time and place. Just about every major army in the world still has main battle rifles with full auto capabilities or a squad automatic weapon.
    Many people don't realize that you can fire an AR with a Slide Fire or Bump Fire stock in the normal semi auto fashion or that you can easily achieve 2-3 round bursts, 6-9 round bursts or empty a full magazine, at your discretion. AND they are actually very controllable.
    You should be able to find a suitable place to shoot in Indiana. Maybe with some fellow INGOers. I personally just step out my front door.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    ScouT6a - Thanks for the 'backup', and your service. I was a cop for nearly 20 years in busy CA and worked with a lot of fine people who are veterans, much respect. It was either here, or another forum, where the topic came up and a bunch of folks were on the poo-poo wagon against slide/bump fires, hence my caveats.
    I hope you live in the country, 'cuz stepping out your front door and pew-pew-pewing might cause a stir ;) I'm currently on 240 acres in the middle of nowhere ND. Eventually we will have a hunk of land, most likely IN, where I can shoot, hunt and maybe even fish. But, I've only been to your fair state once and that was to look at houses. Want to learn more before I take the plunge. Flying in tomorrow and staying 'til Saturday. Hookin' up w/ dieselrealtor to look at a place. He's been doing an awesome job helping me find a place. Met him through a friend, not knowing he is an INGO member - small world.
    Maybe some time we can toss some brass aside, at a rapid clip (not as in a magazine - don't want to start that conversation - hahaha)

ND in ND

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I picked up a Bump Fire stock for my AR - $99. I've heard all the "Oh, it's a just a fun 'gimmick' a waste of ammo, not same as a 'real' full auto", blah-blah-blah. A buddy has a Slide Fire and we'd go out and blast away at P-Dogs and Tannerite and generally have a bast, literally. Fun stuff.

Moving to the Alexandria area - right dieselrealtor ?? So, are there any places out that way that will allow it? Seems more likely 'no'. Gonna be hard giving up that aspect of living in BFE ND.I currently can just go out on our property and :ar15: as long as the ammo holds out, and no one cares.

Thanks -
    ND in ND
    You are correct that most private clubs don't allow bump firing or full auto. I think the main reason is that many of them have a lot of money invested in target carriers, turning target systems and other equipment. The concern is that allowing that type of shooting could cost the club a lot in repairs. I have a buddy who has a nice safe range on his farm and anything safe, including full-auto goes on there. Here in southern Indiana we are pretty close to Knob Creek and they allow full-auto, etc.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Nodonutz,
    Yes Sir, country living here. When I step out my front door, I am on my 200 yard range. Thank you for your 20 years of public service. Much respect here.
    It has been my experience that the majority of people who are down on Slide fire/Bump fire stocks have never even fired a select fire/full auto weapon.
    You are welcome to share my range any time. Happy property hunting.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    SouT6a - I will take you up on that offer at some point. I'd PM, but not up to the 50... don't wanna be one of those 50 post wonders ;) I'm in Anderson for a couple days to look at houses outside the city limits. We have an offer on one, pending a walk-thru by me this AM. The others are as a 'back up' just in case. I flew all this way might as well look.

BE Mike - thanks for the input. dieselrealtor is my RE guy and he's given me some leads on some possible clubs.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    ScouT6a - I waved as I drove past Fishers on my way to the airport.... and, yes, I used all fingers, including the one's crossed about getting the house..
    Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS one and all

Top Bottom